An MLB Collaborative TL: Piece of Cake: The Cubs win Game 6 in '03

Fifth round concludes
Notable other 5th round picks
Rams: Donte Nickelson S Oklahoma
Chargers: Mike Hawkins CB Oklahoma
Packers: Lance Mitchell LB Oklahoma

Chris Morterson: It looks like Oklahoma is very close to beating Ohio State’s record from the last draft when it comes to most players taken form a school in a single draft

*Later on*

Suzy Kolber: Well here we are the final pick of the 5th round and it’s gonna be the New York Jets with the final pick

“With the 147th and final choice of the 2005 NFL Draft the New York Jets have taken Robbie Gould kicker Penn State”

Mike Gollic: And we end round 5 on a kicker!

*Later on*

Suzy Kolber: Well stay with us as he continue into the NFL Draft as we start round 6 after the break

2005 6th round
Suzy Kolber: Alright well let’s start the 6th round

“With the 175th choice and first choice in the 6th Round in the 2005 NFL Draft the New England Patriots select Timmy Chang quarterback Hawaii”

Mel Kiper Jr: Timmy Chang the all time Division 1-A leader in passing touchdowns,passing yards and yards per game is the first pick taken here in the 6th Round and you look at the Patriots they want to stack up their quarterback depth in seems.

I expect to have Vinny Testaverde at 2nd string 2nd to start out the season in and then Timmy Chang as the 3rd string guy

Chris Morterson: Highly likely that Testavarde will not be on the Patriots roster after next season so we will probably be seeing Chang as the teams future backup quarterback

Mel Kiper Jr: Now speaking of which Chang is very much another guy while I can’t see him as starting quarterback in the next level he could very well be a very solid quality backup quarterback for a teams for seasons to come

*Later on*

Suzy Kolber: Welcome back to our NFL Draft coverage during the break the Broncos take Ryan Grant running back from Notre Dame with the 4th pick here in the 6th round he was your last Day 1 grade pick?

Mel Kiper Jr: Yes he is Suzy
He spent 2002 and 2003 behind Julius Jones who was drafted in the 2nd Round in 2004 by the Lions who we should expect to backup and split carries with Cadillac Williams in Detroit

As for Grant he finally got a chance to be starter his Senior year in 2004 and he shined

Afterwards he was the MVP of the 2005 East West Shrine game
I’m surprised that the Broncos didn’t address running back earlier after trading away Clinton Portis but who knows?
They maybe we’ll end up waiting for someone like Reggie Bush,J.J Arlington or Lendale White in next April’s draft
But for now they want to see what Ryan Grant can do

Other notable 6th round picks
Bears-Nick Novak Kicker Maryland
Buccaneers-C. J. Mosley DT Missouri
Buccaneers-Atari Bigby S UCF
Browns-Bo Scaife TE Texas
Panthers-Chase Blackburn LB Akron
Dolphins-Jim Leonhard Safety Wisconsin
Jets-Gino Guidugli QB Cincinnati
Packers-John Denney DE BYU

*Later on*

Suzy Kolber: Well that does it for the 6th Round and when we come back we will get the 7th and final round of the draft started

Last edited:
NFL Draft concludes
Notable 7th Round Picks
Eagles: Madison Hedgecock FB North Carolina
Vikings: Ryan Fitzpatrick QB Harvard
49ers : Chris Klwue Punter UCLA
Dolphins: Marcus Randall QB LSU
Raiders: Josh Cribbs WR Kent State

*Later on*
Suzy Kolber: Well here is is guys it’s time for the final pick of the 2005 NFL Draft Mr Irrelevant!
But before we get up to d Mel your way too early 2006 NFL Draft Top 10?

Mel Kiper Jr: I have to say it’s looking like Matt Leinart from USC who very well could have been the number 1 in this years draft if he declared

Reggie Bush RB from USC

Chad Greenway LB from Iowa

Maurice Clarnett RB from Arizona State

Mathias Kiwanuka DE Boston College

D'Brickashaw Ferguson OT from Virginia

Jon Beason LB from Miami (FL)

Eric Winston OT from Miami (FL)

J.J Arlington RB from Cal

Chris Rix QB Florida State

Suzy Kolber: Thank you for that Mel now let’s go to the podium where Paul Salata the founder of Mr Irrelevant and Mr Irrelevant Week is set to announce who’s 2005 member will be

“With the 255th and final pick of the 2005 NFL Draft by the Philadelphia Eagles is Cameron Wake a defensive end from Penn State. He is the Mr Irrelevant of 2005 and the 30th ever player to be named to this recipient.”

Suzy Kolber: Well with that that concludes the 2005 NFL Draft! Thanks to the people at ESPN alongside me like Mel Kiper Jr,Chris Morterson,Mike Gollic plus Chris Berman and Tory Holt who covered day 1 yesterday

It’s been a blast through this weekend here in Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City and with that this is our final signal off saying goodbye for now

Lions make moves, Bills rebrand news, Leinart favorite for first
April 25th 2005: A day after the draft the number 1 overall pick Cadillac Williams and the Lions other first round 1 pick Jason White become the first draftees to ink their rookie contracts

April 26th 2005: Vegas oddsmakers put Matt Leinart as the overwhelming early favorite to be the number 1 pick in the 2006 NFL Draft

April 27th 2005: Lions trade Joey Harrington to the Pittsburgh Steelers for a 2006 7th round draft pick and backup quarterback Charlie Batch who returns to his former team the Detroit Lions

April 29th 2005: After the reveal of the new Buffalo Bills logo the team’s new uniforms which are a mix of their most recent uniforms and their uniforms from their AFL days of the 1960s

Last edited:
MLB early season action, PED plot thickens
April 8th 2005: The Washington Senators play their first ever home game in team history at FedEx Field against the Chicago White Sox which starts with President John Kerry throwing the first pitch honors for the Senators

However that would be the highlight of the game for the Senators unfortunately as the White Sox would as despite a few moments including a solo home run from Joe Mauer and a RBI triple from Cristian Guzmán that would be forgotten as the White Sox would respond back with a Frank Thomas home run and RBI double, A 3 hit game by Alex Rodriguez and a pinch hit 2 run home run by John Olerud to give the Sox a 6-3 win against the Senators

The Yankees seem to be back on top of the baseball world after a 6-0 start to the 2005 season thanks to the bats of Lance Berkman and Hideki Matsui and the pitching of Mike Mussina and Derek Lowe

In other news on that same day that the New York Times reports that 100 players tested positive for PEDs in 2003 however the list of players are not allowed to be leaked officially

April 10th 2005: During the Red Sox game against the Blue Jays Manny Ramirez gets into a heated argument with manager Grady Little after striking out twice in a game

In a press conference after the Grady Little explains what happen by saying “If Manny wants to extend his stay in Boston he’s gotta hustle and not strike out.”

Last edited:
D1 changes continue
May 3rd, 2005: A few more teams are moving up to Division 1 in CBB, ESPN reports. The following teams are rumored to be planning to move up.

Bryant
Seattle
North Alabama
Florida Gulf Coast
Central Arkansas

May 5th, 2005: The rumors turned out to be mostly true. 4 teams that were rumored to be moving to Division 1 have confirmed they are moving up. Those being, Bryant, North Alabama, Central Arkansas, and Florida Gulf Coast, with the only rumored team not moving up being Seattle.

Do you all mind if I make a post that could revolutionize the timeline? (steroids and a college football scandal got sent and leaked on the same day)

Do you all mind if I make a post that could revolutionize the timeline? (steroids and a college football scandal got sent and leaked on the same day)
You can do the college football thing sure but I like to handle the MLB stuff if that is ok with you?

Huge CFB news!
May 6th, 2005: An anonymous person one week ago gave files to the NCAA on the paying of players for the USC and Miami football programs across the early 2000's to the organization. These reports got leaked earlier than NCAA were expecting, with the news getting leaked just a day before the planned proper announcement of May 8th by another anonymous source.

The headlines for the news on the 8th of May looked as such:
"USC and Miami: The ultimate fall from grace." - ESPN
"The death of Troy: How USC tainted their legendary legacy." - Los Angeles Times
"Cloud 9 in Miami!" - Miami Herald

This report and backlash felt like the end of an era for college football was here, but the question was: Who could replace the fallen as the new faces of college football? The following news left many USC and Miami Football staff and players looking at the transfer portal and the coaching carousel to try and find new homes...

Last edited:
May 6th, 2005: An anonymous person one week ago gave files to the NCAA on the paying of players for the USC and Miami football programs across the early 2000's to the NCAA. These reports got leaked earlier than NCAA were expecting, with the news getting leaked just a day before the planned proper announcement of May 8th by another anonymous source.

"The death of Troy: How USC tainted their legendary legacy." - Los Angeles Times

This report and backlash felt like the end of an era for college football was here, but the question was: Who could replace the fallen as the new faces of college football? The following news left many USC and Miami Football staff and players looking at the transfer portal and the coaching carousel to try and find new homes...
Damn leinart and bush (well not him yet) would have wished they declare now

Maybe less hypocrisy and Early NIL

More TrojaCane (TM) news
May 6th, 2005: An anonymous person one week ago gave files to the NCAA on the paying of players for the USC and Miami football programs across the early 2000's to the organization. These reports got leaked earlier than NCAA were expecting, with the news getting leaked just a day before the planned proper announcement of May 8th by another anonymous source.

May 7th 2005: More parts of the memo are released revealing that most of the players involved are Defensive players of Miami and USC and that there is no wrongdoing of any of the Offensive stars like Matt Leinart,Reggie Bush,Mike Williams,Frank Gore and Brock Berlin

However the memo mostly addresses the defense of Miami and for the past few years multiple opponents offenses from the Big East and ACC describe the felling of being hit by them was like “being hit by a truck” and that something sketchy had to be going on with that team

Punishment revealed
May 7th 2005: "USC has been found guilty of paying players over, resulting in them getting a 5 year bowl ban and heavy restrictions on recruiting. However, Matt Leinart and Reggie Bush were found to have not been paid over, as such they will not be penalized. On the other hand, Miami has been one of the most prestigious programs of the last 2 decades, however, alongside their defensive 'bountygate', the Hurricanes' legendary roster filled with stars like Ed Reed, Andre Johnson, Frank Gore, Jim Kelly, Michael Irvin, Dwayne Johnson, Warren Sapp, and Ray Lewis were all offered massive amounts of money to play for Miami. This will go down as one of the darkest days in College Football history, as the NCAA has decided to give the Miami Hurricanes football team the Death Penalty. This puts them on the same level as the Pony Excess of the 80's, with many calling this scandal 'cloud 9' due to the storm surge in Miami officially being gone." - ESPN "The fall of Los Angeles's Troy and Miami's Storm Surge (May 8th 2005)"

Bagwell back
April 12th 2005: Jeff Bagwell makes his 2005 MLB debut for the Angels after his 10 day suspension from steroid use in which he goes 0-2 with a walk as the Angels lose to the Rangers 2-1

The winning streak to start the season for the Yankees ends as they lose to the Orioles 4-3 for their first loss of the 2005 season
despite RBI doubles by Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada

Bye Bye, Bush!
May 10, 2005: USC superstar Reggie Bush announces that he plans to transfer out of the program. In an interview, he says “I want championships. I want rings. That’s the most important thing for me, is winning. USC has been great, be we can’t go to the Natty, can’t go to a bowl at all, actually. I don’t think that I want to play in that environment.” Obviously, nearly every school in the country is hoping to get Bush, but the early favorites to get him include Florida, Auburn, Oregon, Ohio State, Kansas State, and LSU, with an additional outlier being present; San Diego State, which isn’t far from his home in Spring Valley, California.

May 10, 2005: USC superstar Reggie Bush announces that he plans to transfer out of the program. In an interview, he says “I want championships. I want rings. That’s the most important thing for me, is winning. USC has been great, be we can’t go to the Natty, can’t go to a bowl at all, actually. I don’t think that I want to play in that environment.” Obviously, nearly every school in the country is hoping to get Bush, but the early favorites to get him include Florida, Auburn, Oregon, Ohio State, Kansas State, and LSU, with an additional outlier being present; San Diego State, which isn’t far from his home in Spring Valley, California.
Not blame for that, make sense, no bowl means the PACCG is the highest ceiling.. Would Leinart Follow? or declare for supplemental draft(he's technically capable because extraordinary situation)

May 12th, 2005: USC superstar Reggie Bush makes his decision. He sits at a table, with his family, and says: "I'm gonna bring a ring to a place that never had one, a place where I can excel, and a place where I can be a legend. I'm purple baby, I'm a wildcat." So Bush goes to Kansas State, where he will hopefully bring a title to Manhattan and join the Snyder Family.

Transfer news in La La Land, Transferring to Death Valley
May 12th 2005: The NCAA announces that they will waive and end the one year waiting period requirement for transfer portal after all the USC and Miami news

May 13th 2005: Matt Leinart announced that he still wants to play for USC for his Senior Year in 2005 saying “I wanna be a Trojan for life even through the hard times”
Now starting running back LenDale White stands with Leinart and announces his intention to stay

Meanwhile Miami All American linebacker Jon Beason announces that he will transfer to LSU