B, create the German SSR (Volga)

There is a concentration of a specific culture of German communities along the Volga River, it is feasible to offer them this status within the USSR. I am questioning the practicality of a Jewish SSR, that does not involve mass migration, because of the diasporic nature of the Jewish community. All of the regions on the map have a broader Jewish minority with Jews only forming a majority in a few cities and towns.

C, of course we should check with them if they really desire a oblast/SSR but if they do agree, we should push it forward and I think Crimea is indeed the best place for the Jewish Oblast, it's a very nice area I'm sure they'll enjoy having villas that were confiscated from the aristocrats.

Just because the Klan opposed him, doesn't mean he was not a racist: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Huey_Long#Racial_politics

Not to mention his ties with Gerald L. K. Smith
fella,i would not read a link from "freedomwiki" telling me about the jewish liberal plot,"ratinalwiki" being a obviusly politicised and biased sorce,
so you are gona have to not give me a non biased sorce for that,unless "the alternitive for germany" in now a valid sorce to ask why the fachists lost the second world war lmao

Just because the Klan opposed him, doesn't mean he was not a racist: https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Huey_Long#Racial_politics

Not to mention his ties with Gerald L. K. Smith
True, not to mention stranger things have happened with the Klan, like the KKK participating in aiding one side in the Cristero War.

So let's all not venture and argue about such things and let ourselfve be distracted. Also all open-source-edited wikis are of questionable content at best, even some academic ones are reguardign who founds them and whose support they depent upon (I should know I worked for one of the larger historic archives in my country for nearly two years and have whitnessed some of the less reliable ones working in action thanks to that).

True, not to mention stranger things have happened with the Klan, like the KKK participating in aiding one side in the Cristero War.

So let's all not venture and argue about such things and let ourselfve be distracted. Also all open-source-edited wikis are of questionable content at best, even some academic ones are reguardign who founds them and whose support they depent upon (I should know I worked for one of the larger historic archives in my country for nearly two years and have whitnessed some of the less reliable ones working in action thanks to that).
i apologize for and take responcabilaty for the derail

i apologize for and take responcabilaty for the derail
No need to apologize, I just want things to remain civilised and maybe discuss to off-topic things not (yet at least) cocnearning this AU/TL best per PN, I simply don't want anyone getting into trouble over stupid arguemnts escalating have seen that way to much lately and people tend to heat up over simple stuff (ME included, have to work on that myself, luckily my better femal half is great in helping with that. Even if mainly as a bad example of what not to do, should you read this; I love you girl even if yo uare cazy, but arguments can be won other then by letting go of the steering wheel while doing 112 mph on the highway while calling some obscurities and dictators names, just saying we only all agreet to you because well we don't want to die before turning 40).

C) We want both the German's and Jew's view on us be improved since the Germans are gonna be considered as a major threat if/when the right-wing comes to power and the Jew's having a strong influence in the West.

*I also vote for Crimea as a Jewish SSR while keeping the Volga Germans in the Volga province.

Last edited:
C) Yes to both, the Volga for having a high concentration of Germans makes good sense and Crimea to provide a homeland for the Jewish people and perhaps a safe haven if needed in the future.

I don't think that's a good idea to bring more foreigners in our nation, which will cause problems for us once the alt. Cold War begins...

We are doing so in their own nations, but could they find a place inside the Soviet Union as well?
Certainly, getting more African American will remove them from America and allow Soviets recruit skilled workers. It will promote soviet ideology and make them loyal to union.

In case of dalits we can promote social Hinduism and open pathway to India.

Let's vote for it then, as most ethnic minorities have their own national provicnes/ states within the Soviet Union, should the Germans and Jews be giving their own as well:
A) Yes create the Jewish SSR (Bessarabia, Crimea or another destination to later vote upon)
B) Yes create the German SSR (Volga)
C) Yes to both.
D) That is not needed.
Been reading this thread for some time now, will vote for C.

As for where the Jewish SSR should be placed, I will support the idea of having it somewhere in the Black Sea Lowland. Parts of Southern Bessarabia that are not majority Moldovan, for example. Personally, I feel like it could be expanded a bit into Odeshchyna - Odesa would make a lot of sense as a capital of a Jewish SSR.

C, I believe the Jews should receive their own SSR, though for reasons I think we should take into consideration.

The Jews of the of USSR are one of the groups most educated and and similar to say the Latvians represent a surprisingly large chunk of our party with them not being purged and we should both reward them, both to keep them loyal and show them the benefits of the party but also PR. The USSR possesses one of the largest Jewish populations in the world, indeed with our recent expansion into Poland it's increased it makes sense to give a fairly large and important minority a place at the table plus would make us look like a completely different entity than the old Russian empire.

Now the location of it is a good question, I personally feel Bessarabia might be a good location for future with Odessa as a capital, both as it's quite good land but also act as good force on the frontier, as they have a keen interest in making sure Romania never retakes the location given what they would likely do them.

Edit, for backing the Volga German's given many of them as settled from the Mennonites I feel it might be a good place for experimentation in combining religion and communism, ie let them have some autonomy and see how it goes for our wider project of making the former less hostile to the later while making it look like we are not betraying the revolution.

Last edited:
Now that we are done rebuilding from the Great War/Russian Civil War we have a free capital which could be invested abroad. I propose to use this opportunity and invest in southeastern Europe and following countries: Yugoslavia, Albania, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. The region is considered backward and almost completely ignored by the west, which presents us a great opportunity to expand our presence there and establish trade relations with countries there located. We should focus on expansion of infrastructure, argiculture and industry, which will allow us to bind local economies to the USSR.

Knowing about upcoming Great Depression we can use this fact, and use the opportunity, because as soon as the depression is severe, trade with USSR will be only source of hard currency for many countries. This could be turned into political power for us, as we would be able to influence internal and external policies of Southeastern countries. For now governments there are not so friendly towards us and claim to be against USSR and communism in general, but lets see how will they react when Russians arrive at their doorstep with suitcases full of cash and gold.

Here is my proposition which industries in which country could be developed/ invested into by us:

1. Albania - the country has practically no industry, the country's potential for hydroelectric power is virtually untapped. Oil is the country's main extractable resource. So there is opportunity for us to invest into agriculture, industry, as well as construction of bridges and roads. Also we could invest into irrigation canals and building of new port could be also considered.

2. Romania - here we could invest into agriculture as in 1919, a staggering 72% of Romanians were engaged in agriculture. The Romanian peasantry is among the poorest in the region, a situation aggravated by one of Europe's highest birth rates. Farming is primitive and machinery and chemical fertilizers almost unheard of. We could also invest into Romania's heavy industry and buy locally produced finished goods, which would be beneficial for both states, as Romania would get money and USSR would import ever-wanted finished goods of all kinds produced in Romania.

3. Bulgaria - one of the poorest countries in Europe with backward agriculture and very weak industrial sector, so it leaves us with a great opportunity to develop both industry and agriculture, which would be a great opportunity to escape from backwardness and into modernity, USSR being a great example. In theory the government is not friendly to us, but we are probably the only country which is willing to help Bulgaria develop and escape poverty, in contrast to the West which doesnt care about Bulgaria at all.

4. Greece - once again country lack a modern agriculture, but our main point of interest in Greece should be in its shipping industry, which is quite well developed, but we could invest really into it and make good economic deal with Greeks, as volume of trade between USSR and the West will only grow further so both countries could gain a
lot.

5. Turkey - After the War Turkey's industry and agriculture recovered remarkably once hostilities ceased. From 1923 to 1926, agricultural output rose by eighty-seven percent, as agricultural production returned to pre-war levels. However Turkey still suffers from outdated agriculture, weak service sector and industrial base, so this should be our points of interest. Also potential trade deal can be made, as our rapidly growing economy will be a attractive trade partner for Turkey, which will make their economy stronger. The question is if the Mustafa Kemal Atatürk would be willing to make this decision?

6. Yugoslavia - here I have great hopes for potential Yugo-Soviet cooperation, as the potential is great. Once again the government is not so fond of USSR, but I'm 100% sure that there are no problems which couldnt be overcome with help of suitcases full of dollars and pounds. Three-quarters of the Yugoslav workforce is engaged in agriculture, however iternal communications are poor, damage from World War I had been extensive, and with few exceptions agriculture is devoid of machinery or other modern farming technologies.

What is more, manufacturing is limited to Belgrad and the other major population centers, and consisted mainly of small, comparatively primitive facilities that produced strictly for the domestic market. The commercial potential of Yugoslavia's Adriatic ports went to waste because the nation lacked the capital or technical knowledge to operate a shipping industry.

So overall, we could invest extensively into agriculture, industry sector, infrastructure and coastal sector as ports and so on. Everybody could be happy as Soviet-sponsored factories would produce finished goods and would pay taxes to the government, which would give them a big income source. USSR at the same time would buy finished goods produced in Yugoslavia for lower price than in the West, so its a win-win situation for Yugoslavia and USSR,

Now that we are done rebuilding from the Great War/Russian Civil War we have a free capital which could be invested abroad. I propose to use this opportunity and invest in southeastern Europe and following countries: Yugoslavia, Albania, Greece, Romania, Bulgaria and Turkey. The region is considered backward and almost completely ignored by the west, which presents us a great opportunity to expand our presence there and establish trade relations with countries there located. We should focus on expansion of infrastructure, argiculture and industry, which will allow us to bind local economies to the USSR.

Knowing about upcoming Great Depression we can use this fact, and use the opportunity, because as soon as the depression is severe, trade with USSR will be only source of hard currency for many countries. This could be turned into political power for us, as we would be able to influence internal and external policies of Southeastern countries. For now governments there are not so friendly towards us and claim to be against USSR and communism in general, but lets see how will they react when Russians arrive at their doorstep with suitcases full of cash and gold.

Here is my proposition which industries in which country could be developed/ invested into by us:

1. Albania - the country has practically no industry, the country's potential for hydroelectric power is virtually untapped. Oil is the country's main extractable resource. So there is opportunity for us to invest into agriculture, industry, as well as construction of bridges and roads. Also we could invest into irrigation canals and building of new port could be also considered.

2. Romania - here we could invest into agriculture as in 1919, a staggering 72% of Romanians were engaged in agriculture. The Romanian peasantry is among the poorest in the region, a situation aggravated by one of Europe's highest birth rates. Farming is primitive and machinery and chemical fertilizers almost unheard of. We could also invest into Romania's heavy industry and buy locally produced finished goods, which would be beneficial for both states, as Romania would get money and USSR would import ever-wanted finished goods of all kinds produced in Romania.

3. Bulgaria - one of the poorest countries in Europe with backward agriculture and very weak industrial sector, so it leaves us with a great opportunity to develop both industry and agriculture, which would be a great opportunity to escape from backwardness and into modernity, USSR being a great example. In theory the government is not friendly to us, but we are probably the only country which is willing to help Bulgaria develop and escape poverty, in contrast to the West which doesnt care about Bulgaria at all.

4. Greece - once again country lack a modern agriculture, but our main point of interest in Greece should be in its shipping industry, which is quite well developed, but we could invest really into it and make good economic deal with Greeks, as volume of trade between USSR and the West will only grow further so both countries could gain a
lot.

5. Turkey - After the War Turkey's industry and agriculture recovered remarkably once hostilities ceased. From 1923 to 1926, agricultural output rose by eighty-seven percent, as agricultural production returned to pre-war levels. However Turkey still suffers from outdated agriculture, weak service sector and industrial base, so this should be our points of interest. Also potential trade deal can be made, as our rapidly growing economy will be a attractive trade partner for Turkey, which will make their economy stronger. The question is if the Mustafa Kemal Atatürk would be willing to make this decision?

6. Yugoslavia - here I have great hopes for potential Yugo-Soviet cooperation, as the potential is great. Once again the government is not so fond of USSR, but I'm 100% sure that there are no problems which couldnt be overcome with help of suitcases full of dollars and pounds. Three-quarters of the Yugoslav workforce is engaged in agriculture, however iternal communications are poor, damage from World War I had been extensive, and with few exceptions agriculture is devoid of machinery or other modern farming technologies.

What is more, manufacturing is limited to Belgrad and the other major population centers, and consisted mainly of small, comparatively primitive facilities that produced strictly for the domestic market. The commercial potential of Yugoslavia's Adriatic ports went to waste because the nation lacked the capital or technical knowledge to operate a shipping industry.

So overall, we could invest extensively into agriculture, industry sector, infrastructure and coastal sector as ports and so on. Everybody could be happy as Soviet-sponsored factories would produce finished goods and would pay taxes to the government, which would give them a big income source. USSR at the same time would buy finished goods produced in Yugoslavia for lower price than in the West, so its a win-win situation for Yugoslavia and USSR,
Very good ideas, will try to implement them and others given in one of the future chapters. :D