Status
Not open for further replies.
Alternatively, them Rhomanians could have been one of the frontlines and targets from that supposedly apocalyptic war, consequently making much of the Balkans... accursed. Such a status would disqualify the region from being the center of power for the resulting rump state.

Alternatively, they could make for such a society in a comparatively underdeveloped and under-targeted Anatolia (if they ever manage to centralize), although its rurality and bonded population would have more in common with a Spartan society than anything Roman. which with history fading into legends they would all but compare themselves on quite humbly.

Rump "Sparta" would still have what's left of Russia behind it's back however, which would make for a very good leverage in the Black Sea and even beyond. If they're smart enough, they would consider the Black Sea as its base of power that it should develop and integrate, not some comparatively devastated Mediterranean territories that would like to have nothing to do with their practice of conscription and bondage. They may even look down on the "Barbaric Europeans" that make up whatever's left of Western Mediterranean (including Spain), with the "Democratic West" (maybe those Western Europeans could be quite similar to the Vikings, perhaps with the raiding reduced) continually contesting "Sparta's" rule by, well, raiding.

EDIT: If anything, it would make one hell of a JRPG fantasy setting, and even an alternate and more fleshed-out setting for Attack on Titan. Easily-excused rivalries, a continent-sized political struggle, admixture of different techniques originating from the different culture, pray tell, are all these really incidental?
One thought I had on Russia is with their decoration of non Russian's to Drakia before the Regression vast swaths of Eurasia were left depopulated. Leaving it wide open for resurgent horse nomadic cultures, such as the Cossacks from the west and Mongols from the East. So I can see them being a nightmare for the surviving Rhomanians/Greeks in the Black Sea.

Consider the world was thrown back to the dark ages Europe has probably scene a return of Feudalism. Alongside new Medieval castles being built upon the remains of twentieth century fortifications left over the Great War and Silent War.

Just had a big cosmic-brain moment and now I want to share my epiphany with you all- the Homo Drakiensis is in fact human cattle. As in, if the Empire of Drakia survives into the 80s or 90s or even beyond, then the Drakiensis will suffer the the same hyper-homogenization that modern industrialized agriculture inflicted on commercial livestock breeds. The vast vast majority of different breeds and lineages of horses, dogs, cows, chicken, etc..., etc.., have died out or are in the process of dying out to a handful of modern breeds that maximize the sheer mass of meat and milk and eggs and the compliance of the animals themselves over everything else, in the brutal incentives of maximum economic efficiency. Like almost all cows in America and be directly traced to like less then a hundred bull sires total, same for horses, or pedigree dogs and cats, etc...

So too, would sheer size and expense of undertaking the Drakiensis process and industrializing human reproduction as much as we OTL have industrialized our domesticates in turn incentivize a winnowing of egg and sperm donor lines into those that have the highest number of successful implantations and bring the most pregnancies to term. Remember this shit is so fascist "kick up whatever numbers show the trains run on time" that the program has already straight up falsified the records and buried the bodies to hide how it didn't have a genetic screening process- how well would the safeguards against this rationalization really work when the scientists doing the work are expected to pull ever greater and better numbers out of their ass with each new fertilized generation?

Much like how today most places only have their traditional Alaskan Husky or Icelandic Horse environmentally adapted niche breeds on an extremely limited basis, by the time the fourth, fifth, and sixth Drakiensis generations come about most of the poor fucks would all be like genetically first cousins at best and inbred all to hell, with the exceptions being like private efforts by Boer or Lusophone eccentrics. @Ephraim Ben Raphael what do you think?
Oh god, so the Drakensis are literally a race of inbred humans? Ironic that the Drakensis would turn out to be the Servus of TTL.

One thought I had on Russia is with their decoration of non Russian's to Drakia before the Regression vast swaths of Eurasia were left depopulated. Leaving it wide open for resurgent horse nomadic cultures, such as the Cossacks from the west and Mongols from the East. So I can see them being a nightmare for the surviving Rhomanians/Greeks in the Black Sea.

Consider the world was thrown back to the dark ages Europe has probably scene a return of Feudalism. Alongside new Medieval castles being built upon the remains of twentieth century fortifications left over the Great War and Silent War.
So, Russia will repeat once again?

Still, fortifying and developing Crimea would be easier and more productive respectively than throwing away bodies at Latium, well if the "Spartan" leadership are sane enough to see it that way. However, let's just say that there are two sets of people that the "Spartans" hate? I think it would be beneficial for them to play ball to the horse people in the Eurasian plain, if only that they couldn't really conquer it anymore, well way better than LARP'ing Viking raids on them.

So, Russia will repeat once again?

Still, fortifying and developing Crimea would be easier and more productive respectively than throwing away bodies at Latium, well if the "Spartan" leadership are sane enough to see it that way. However, let's just say that there are two sets of people that the "Spartans" hate? I think it would be beneficial for them to play ball to the horse people in the Eurasian plain, if only that they couldn't really conquer it anymore, well way better than LARP'ing Viking raids on them.
Going back to Drakia I'd imagine that the post Dominion kingdoms would be less "western" than their predecessors. With their architecture, clothing and food being geared more towards the warmer climate Africa. Clothing being looser and lighter compared to something out of Medieval Europe, being more in line with something out of pre Colonial India. Same goes for food being particularly more spicy to help induce sweating that would cool you off. Most European merchants would described it as a "strange land of Oriental Christians".

Speaking of merchants there's probably a sizable oceanic trade going across the Indian Ocean.

So too, would sheer size and expense of undertaking the Drakiensis process and industrializing human reproduction as much as we OTL have industrialized our domesticates in turn incentivize a winnowing of egg and sperm donor lines into those that have the highest number of successful implantations and bring the most pregnancies to term. Remember this shit is so fascist "kick up whatever numbers show the trains run on time" that the program has already straight up falsified the records and buried the bodies to hide how it didn't have a genetic screening process- how well would the safeguards against this rationalization really work when the scientists doing the work are expected to pull ever greater and better numbers out of their ass with each new fertilized generation??
Drakensi(?) would still need to outperform their peers outside of the Agoge to maintain the facade of success.

If this occurs, either there will be enough failures buried to outpace the growth of production, or a substandard Drakensis ends up in a position to screw up by the numbers where it can't be covered up. Either of these would kill the Project more thoroughly than if someone explained the facts of life to the leadership.
Will mass drivers replace chemical space guns?
At some point, presumably by way of something like this.

After working the bugs out.
We all seem pretty sure Drakia is gonna lose out eventually and i agree that it'll happen most likely but under what possible scenario could Drakia finish it's conquest of the world like the source material
A good dose of the stupid virus should do it.

Say, Free China going isolationist after Draka steals the Bomb.

...could even have a literal stupid virus while you're at it. Something that inflicts brain damage like coronavirus or certain strains of influenza, leaving the patient alive but delirious or comatose. A predecessor to the Stone Dogs?

Human health and physicality are complex things. A superficial appearance of hardiness and a genetic predisposition to a large frame can conceal a multitude of sins, in this case the fact that a fifth of the batch have their hearts explode in their forties or something.

Human health and physicality are complex things. A superficial appearance of hardiness and a genetic predisposition to a large frame can conceal a multitude of sins, in this case the fact that a fifth of the batch have their hearts explode in their forties or something.
Hmmm.

If they're already in the mindset of fudging numbers...they might as well fudge DNA donors too. Pass off the sperm of performative but non-Draka donors alongside genuine Drakia/Drakensis stock. Who would care to look hard enough and be in a position to find this onerous and be listened to by the leadership?

EDIT: This also assumes that more potent genetic engineering tools won't be developed and brought to bear on the problem before Drakia collapses. 3rd and 4rth generation Drakensis might well have recombinant DNA added as well, which will bring its own little complexities.

Last edited:

An interesting thought occurred to me about the Drakiensis. Eventually, once news leaks out about the Human Instrumentality Project to the outside world, a lot of foreign governments are probably going to try to get DNA samples of the Drakiensis to see if there is actually anything superior about the so called Master Race. Once they discover the massive amount of inbreeding, I imagine it won't take long for them to realize that the Drakiensis are actually pretty genetically fucked up and that there must be a lot of euthanizations happening behind the scenes.

EDIT: This also assumes that more potent genetic engineering tools won't be developed and brought to bear on the problem before Drakia collapses. 3rd and 4rth generation Drakensis might well have recombinant DNA added as well, which will bring its own little complexities.
i wonder how long it'll take for the inserted DNA to spread among the human populace. considering that the Draka are known for their mass atrocities, the many bastard children fathered may end up being the carriers of these new genes.

This is a good point, and wouldn’t be surprising in the slightest. I’d think that the nearest parallel to this breeding project might be the larger dog breeds, like wolfhounds, mastiffs, and the like. We’ve created some pretty impressive animals, but at a substantial cost: health problems, joint issues, heart problems, and a shorter lifespan in general.

A second parallel to Homo Drakensis might be professional athletes. No, seriously. Professional athletes are in the top 1%, physically. They’re at the very peak of human capability, depending on their sport, and they pay for it. They’re at constant risk for a career-ending injury. They’re operating at the very edge of their bodies’s efficiency, and that means no margin of error. One slip, one wrong move, and a joint ruptures or cartilage tears... and that’s without the constant stress and strain of people actually trying to kill them. One wonders what the retirement package for Homo Drakensis is like.

Speaking of the stress and strain of combat: what about our Drakian super soldiers’s mental stability? It’s already a bit shaky, from their terrible, no-good, inbred genetics. Then there’s the horrible hothouse upbringing; the abuse they suffer there would mess up even the most sane. And then our poor little darlings get tossed into the pressure cooker of combat. The worst part is that they know, because they’ve been told their whole miserable lives, that they’re superior, better, stronger. The slightest weakness can’t be allowed. And that’s all this horrible, terrible, incompetent breeding project has left them: weakness.

Speaking of the stress and strain of combat: what about our Drakian super soldiers’s mental stability? It’s already a bit shaky, from their terrible, no-good, inbred genetics. Then there’s the horrible hothouse upbringing; the abuse they suffer there would mess up even the most sane. And then our poor little darlings get tossed into the pressure cooker of combat. The worst part is that they know, because they’ve been told their whole miserable lives, that they’re superior, better, stronger. The slightest weakness can’t be allowed. And that’s all this horrible, terrible, incompetent breeding project has left them: weakness.
They need to set-up that legend of honorable retreat and definition of victory real quick if they still wanted their kind to exist.

Last edited:

Deleted member 96212

Speaking of the stress and strain of combat: what about our Drakian super soldiers’s mental stability? It’s already a bit shaky, from their terrible, no-good, inbred genetics.

I think an assload of them are going to skew towards having BPD and PTSD with those resultant problems. God knows how any of them would be able to cope with having ailments like autism, bipolar disorder, or OCD. Even born psychopaths would have a tough time of it since actual, low functioning psychopaths have terrible impulse control and little regard for normal rules.

The suicide rate is going to be astronomical.

I'm just irrationally happy that for once the supervillain's attempt to breed genetically superior supersoldiers is being shown for the absolute clownshow that it would be.

Since we figured out how to justify Stirling's fanservice in universe does anyone have any ideas about the Draka's norse neopaganism and how it could fit in universe?

I do with what kind of drugs the Drakian's will develop in the near future in further twisted hopes of improving the Final Society. Dear lord imagine the effects of mass societal drug withdrawal would have on post Drakensis Africa & middle east.
I think an assload of them are going to skew towards having BPD and PTSD with those resultant problems. God knows how any of them would be able to cope with having ailments like autism, bipolar disorder, or OCD. Even born psychopaths would have a tough time of it since actual, low functioning psychopaths have terrible impulse control and little regard for normal rules.

The suicide rate is going to be astronomical.
That's not even getting into all of the other messed up science they could on them in later decades. Genetic Editing treatments, implanting artificial &/or additional organs, rotating "gravity chambers," low oxygen rooms, drug therapy, surgical augmentation and countless other horrors. All of which would be previously tested on the bonded population to make sure they (more or less) worked.

Yeah any of the Drakensis kids that survive a potential future collapse are going to killing machines of one flavor or another.

Ficboy

Banned
If Drakia collapses and it will likely be the case here for obvious reasons then there will be a lot of chaos, destruction, genocide/ethnic cleansing and the establishment of successor states.

I was thinking about a collapse scenario earlier myself, and with the current conditions in mind, it seems like achieving a lasting peace after the end of the Empire would be a Gordian Knot of immense proportions. The Bonded and Nationals occupy distinct positions within the class hierarchy, and many old ethnic divisions have been wiped away as a result of interbreeding, forced relocations, and mass killings of entire groups. The Bonded Labor System is different from plantation slavery in a variety of ways and makes it easier for the African workers to be "cut loose" from their masters, and it seems much more impersonal in its exploitation compared to the stories of Dixie slaveowners who forced their slaves into all sorts of indignities like taking on new "Christian" names since they were seen as their personal property, but whatever potential saving grace that might have for preserving native African cultures is countered by the overwhelming hegemonic influence of Drakia as a colonial power. Previous discussions have shown how their expansion would result in African infrastructure being much more unified and built up (such as with the different rail gauges of OTL being replaced with a much more centralized system), and the continent overall would be much more unified for various other reasons such as the use of English as a universal lingua franca and the shared experience of Drakian oppression.

Therefore, I think it's possible that by the time of the collapse, there would be a significant movement among some Nationals and Bonded people to keep as much of the continent together as possible (excluding the peripheral areas in Europe and the Middle East) as a pan-African state a la postcolonial India. This idea would obviously come in conflict with the many holdouts of white settlers which would remain a wealthy, well-armed, and well-trained threat--lest we forget the emphasis on universal military service in Drakian society--as well as the princely states who'd also want to preserve the empire for reasons I discussed in a previous post. Due to this formidable opposition, much would hinge on the pan-Africanists' level of organization, aid from outside powers in the Alliance for Democracy, and ability to form a popular front with other rebel groups which they would come into contact with, such as those in the aforementioned European and Middle Eastern regions. In addition, it would be necessary to convince the common Bondsman that their best chance at a better life lies with the "Pan African Front," since they'd have no manpower or support base otherwise. Much of this hinges on the state of the Bonded and Nationals as classes under Drakian rule--what is their level of class consciousness? What leaders and martyrs have they had? Which political tendencies outside of hating the Drakians are prevalent? Are Nationals more disposed towards viewing their struggles in solidarity with the Bonded workers and possibly with themselves as the vanguard of their shared fight, or do they prefer to view themselves as better than them? I don't think this topic has been explored much yet, so those factors are of crucial importance in how this all will play out. So yeah, definitely chaotic.

I was thinking about a collapse scenario earlier myself, and with the current conditions in mind, it seems like achieving a lasting peace after the end of the Empire would be a Gordian Knot of immense proportions. The Bonded and Nationals occupy distinct positions within the class hierarchy, and many old ethnic divisions have been wiped away as a result of interbreeding, forced relocations, and mass killings of entire groups. The Bonded Labor System is different from plantation slavery in a variety of ways and makes it easier for the African workers to be "cut loose" from their masters, and it seems much more impersonal in its exploitation compared to the stories of Dixie slaveowners who forced their slaves into all sorts of indignities like taking on new "Christian" names since they were seen as their personal property, but whatever potential saving grace that might have for preserving native African cultures is countered by the overwhelming hegemonic influence of Drakia as a colonial power. Previous discussions have shown how their expansion would result in African infrastructure being much more unified and built up (such as with the different rail gauges of OTL being replaced with a much more centralized system), and the continent overall would be much more unified for various other reasons such as the use of English as a universal lingua franca and the shared experience of Drakian oppression.

Therefore, I think it's possible that by the time of the collapse, there would be a significant movement among some Nationals and Bonded people to keep as much of the continent together as possible (excluding the peripheral areas in Europe and the Middle East) as a pan-African state a la postcolonial India. This idea would obviously come in conflict with the many holdouts of white settlers which would remain a wealthy, well-armed, and well-trained threat--lest we forget the emphasis on universal military service in Drakian society--as well as the princely states who'd also want to preserve the empire for reasons I discussed in a previous post. Due to this formidable opposition, much would hinge on the pan-Africanists' level of organization, aid from outside powers in the Alliance for Democracy, and ability to form a popular front with other rebel groups which they would come into contact with, such as those in the aforementioned European and Middle Eastern regions. In addition, it would be necessary to convince the common Bondsman that their best chance at a better life lies with the "Pan African Front," since they'd have no manpower or support base otherwise. Much of this hinges on the state of the Bonded and Nationals as classes under Drakian rule--what is their level of class consciousness? What leaders and martyrs have they had? Which political tendencies outside of hating the Drakians are prevalent? Are Nationals more disposed towards viewing their struggles in solidarity with the Bonded workers and possibly with themselves as the vanguard of their shared fight, or do they prefer to view themselves as better than them? I don't think this topic has been explored much yet, so those factors are of crucial importance in how this all will play out. So yeah, definitely chaotic.
It would be the Martial Races and the Princely States that would take issue on it, then.

Status
Not open for further replies.