Status
Not open for further replies.
After the fall of Drakia, would the new Homo Drakensis population be large enough to be considered a brand new ethnic group? Where would the Drakensis go? How would they live?
Probably a rump state in the cape.
I doubt it. They're more of a social club than anything else. If anything, it is more similar to Rwanda's ethnic system where it was just determined on its role-less and thoroughly-mixed-but-distinct ethnicity that would never be distinct if not for the notion their supposed superiority.

Well, they still share the same faith and culture with most citizens, aren't they?

If anything, I would somewhat feel pity over them since they would be Tutsi'd once the whole Drakian system tumbles over and start to "cut the tall trees".
I wonder if central America could become a societist dictatorship and occupy a position like otl cuba
They would be bombed from the air, from the sea, and from the space cannon before that happens, so no. They're more like in a perpetual and unwilling clientage with New York just due to their sheer geographical disadvantage. Just imagine a more spiteful Ireland.

Last edited:
Its really interesting how despite the body blow this TLs US has dealt with they only lost some parts of their Central American holdings. A Draka defeat on the level of the Great Pacific War might have triggered a collapse.

If anything, it is more similar to Rwanda's ethnic system where it was just determined on its role-less and thoroughly-mixed-but-distinct ethnicity that would never be distinct if not for the notion their supposed superiority.
Off-topic, but this is literally Rwandan government propaganda for the purpose of integrating Tutsis and Hutus and externalizing their problems to the Belgians. It's sort of a noble lie to heal the country.

Despite there being some mobility between the two ethnic groups, they really were separate ethnic groups.

Last edited:
Off-topic, but this is literally Rwandan government propaganda for the purpose of integrating Tutsis and Hutus and externalizing their problems to the Belgians. It's sort of a noble lie to heal the country.

Despite there being some mobility between the two ethnic groups, they really were separate ethnic groups.
Makes sense, they literally have had their own ways and protocols on how they interacted with each other after all, and such a distinction must have come from their historical difference as pastoralists and agriculturalists (as far as I remember). Owing to their different origins, they must have some different sets of beliefs and traditions that make them ethnically distinct, if only that colonial history have amalgamated them into a single society with all that awful caste and its awful hierarchical distinctions.

Still, it just reinforced the fate that much of the Drakensis will face once this all collapses: being lost, and either forcibly removed from the equation, or forcibly integrated to the general Superior and Bonded populations alike.

Last edited:
Considering what Drakia is like it wouldn't surprise me if they have a similar position on Meth the Germans have. Using it has a useful tool to squeeze out even more work out of the bonded and to control them even more.
Makes sense, they literally have had their own ways and protocols on how they interacted with each other after all, and such a distinction must have come from their historical difference as pastoralists and agriculturalists (as far as I remember). Owing to their different origins, they must have some different sets of beliefs and traditions that make them ethnically distinct, if only that colonial history have amalgamated them into a single society with all that awful caste and its awful hierarchical distinctions.

Still, it just reinforced the fate that much of the Drakensis will face once this all collapses: being lost, and either forcibly removed from the equation, or forcibly integrated to the general Superior and Bonded populations alike.
Considering what such a collapse would be like it wouldn't surprise me if many of the Drakensis children ended up in horrible positions. Think of the Hansel & Gretal twins from Black Lagoon in terms of darkness.

Considering what Drakia is like it wouldn't surprise me if they have a similar position on Meth the Germans have. Using it has a useful tool to squeeze out even more work out of the bonded and to control them even more.
Pretty sure it was confirmed at one point that the overseers use that exact strategy to keep their workers compliant since they need to go to the commissary for their next fix. It's an insidious system.

Considering what such a collapse would be like it wouldn't surprise me if many of the Drakensis children ended up in horrible positions. Think of the Hansel & Gretal twins from Black Lagoon in terms of darkness.
Oof, that reminded me of Ceaușescu's orphanages, except this time on a larger scale and quite possibly given "tacit consent" considering that they're Draka. After Drakia's collapse, the children would most likely be turned over to occupational governments, and considering that EVERYBODY hates the Draka and that the children have been indoctrinated with this superiority complex, well... most children would be even more fucked up than the Romanian twins. We could see an immense rise in the crime rate of former Africa and Europe, with millions of deranged people being set loose on the streets.

I would love to see the look on those freaks faces when they learn their not the master race.
Most likely a villainous breakdown along with an identity crisis, some may go insane while others flee to a life of crime. Who knows, some drakensis may turn out to be pretty good hitmen.

Most likely a villainous breakdown along with an identity crisis, some may go insane while others flee to a life of crime. Who knows, some drakensis may turn out to be pretty good hitmen.
I would love to see the look on those freaks faces when they learn their not the master race.
Well, you can't fault them that they've been born in a fucked-up system within a fucked-up system.

Well, just imagine a National, a Citizen, and a Drakensi walking into a bar. Their debate about the natural order of things could easily spiral out of control and turn into a brawl. They shattered a bottle of wine that the denizens of Jerusalem adored, so starts the fall of Drakian Near East, so possibly the Dominion itself.

Oof, that reminded me of Ceaușescu's orphanages, except this time on a larger scale and quite possibly given "tacit consent" considering that they're Draka. After Drakia's collapse, the children would most likely be turned over to occupational governments, and considering that EVERYBODY hates the Draka and that the children have been indoctrinated with this superiority complex, well... most children would be even more fucked up than the Romanian twins. We could see an immense rise in the crime rate of former Africa and Europe, with millions of deranged people being set loose on the streets.
That reminds me of the story even sheepdogs
were wolves once story. Where you've got a Homo Drakensis who grew up in a world where the Domination lost the Final War, growing up to be a police officer in America.

We all seem pretty sure Drakia is gonna lose out eventually and i agree that it'll happen most likely but under what possible scenario could Drakia finish it's conquest of the world like the source material

We all seem pretty sure Drakia is gonna lose out eventually and i agree that it'll happen most likely but under what possible scenario could Drakia finish it's conquest of the world like the source material
Some sort of rabidly infectious bioweapon or something. There's no reasonable way for Drakia to "win" anything but a pyrhhic victory as far as I can see, given a permanent handicap in technological innovation, a vast and restive underclass and a somewhat hostile native biosphere.

Some sort of rabidly infectious bioweapon or something. There's no reasonable way for Drakia to "win" anything but a pyrhhic victory as far as I can see, given a permanent handicap in technological innovation, a vast and restive underclass and a somewhat hostile native biosphere.
At most they'll take the rest of the already-burnt-out Europe and some more of the middle east/central asia before collapsing. They'll never get naval superiority over the Alliance for Democracy, and India alone probably has more 'usable' population then them while probably having tech parity soon so that's not a viable target.

At most they'll take the rest of the already-burnt-out Europe and some more of the middle east/central asia before collapsing. They'll never get naval superiority over the Alliance for Democracy, and India alone probably has more 'usable' population then them while probably having tech parity soon so that's not a viable target.
I very much doubt that they could even move past Iran, presenting the need to divert troops from Europe to confront that Indian and Chinese titans. It would literally mean the end of their hegemony in the Middle East, at the very least.

Well, how weak are the Pan-Europans, really, for us to even consider the occupation of the Europan peninsula, even only for some months,be remotely feasible?

Going back to the Medieval Drakia idea...

I'm wondering whether to have an equivalent to Republic/Imperial Rome somewhere in Southern Rome, being an expansionistic city state that's been pushing inland or... have the Greeks/Romanians taking up the mantle of Rome. To the point that they've successfully conquered Italy and the Mediterranean with the might of their professional legions. Only now they're gradually being pushed on all sides by a combination of Germanic feudal warriors, neo Mongols from the steppes and Islamic desert nomads.

Going back to the Medieval Drakia idea...

I'm wondering whether to have an equivalent to Republic/Imperial Rome somewhere in Southern Rome, being an expansionistic city state that's been pushing inland or... have the Greeks/Romanians taking up the mantle of Rome. To the point that they've successfully conquered Italy and the Mediterranean with the might of their professional legions. Only now they're gradually being pushed on all sides by a combination of Germanic feudal warriors, neo Mongols from the steppes and Islamic desert nomads.
Alternatively, them Rhomanians could have been one of the frontlines and targets from that supposedly apocalyptic war, consequently making much of the Balkans... accursed. Such a status would disqualify the region from being the center of power for the resulting rump state.

Alternatively, they could make for such a society in a comparatively underdeveloped and under-targeted Anatolia (if they ever manage to centralize), although its rurality and bonded population would have more in common with a Spartan society than anything Roman. which with history fading into legends they would all but compare themselves on quite humbly.

Rump "Sparta" would still have what's left of Russia behind it's back however, which would make for a very good leverage in the Black Sea and even beyond. If they're smart enough, they would consider the Black Sea as its base of power that it should develop and integrate, not some comparatively devastated Mediterranean territories that would like to have nothing to do with their practice of conscription and bondage. They may even look down on the "Barbaric Europeans" that make up whatever's left of Western Mediterranean (including Spain), with the "Democratic West" (maybe those Western Europeans could be quite similar to the Vikings, perhaps with the raiding reduced) continually contesting "Sparta's" rule by, well, raiding.

EDIT: If anything, it would make one hell of a JRPG fantasy setting, and even an alternate and more fleshed-out setting for Attack on Titan. Easily-excused rivalries, a continent-sized political struggle, admixture of different techniques originating from the different culture, pray tell, are all these really incidental?

Last edited:
Just had a big cosmic-brain moment and now I want to share my epiphany with you all- the Homo Drakiensis is in fact human cattle. As in, if the Empire of Drakia survives into the 80s or 90s or even beyond, then the Drakiensis will suffer the the same hyper-homogenization that modern industrialized agriculture inflicted on commercial livestock breeds. The vast vast majority of different breeds and lineages of horses, dogs, cows, chicken, etc..., etc.., have died out or are in the process of dying out to a handful of modern breeds that maximize the sheer mass of meat and milk and eggs and the compliance of the animals themselves over everything else, in the brutal incentives of maximum economic efficiency. Like almost all cows in America and be directly traced to like less then a hundred bull sires total, same for horses, or pedigree dogs and cats, etc...

So too, would sheer size and expense of undertaking the Drakiensis process and industrializing human reproduction as much as we OTL have industrialized our domesticates in turn incentivize a winnowing of egg and sperm donor lines into those that have the highest number of successful implantations and bring the most pregnancies to term. Remember this shit is so fascist "kick up whatever numbers show the trains run on time" that the program has already straight up falsified the records and buried the bodies to hide how it didn't have a genetic screening process- how well would the safeguards against this rationalization really work when the scientists doing the work are expected to pull ever greater and better numbers out of their ass with each new fertilized generation?

Much like how today most places only have their traditional Alaskan Husky or Icelandic Horse environmentally adapted niche breeds on an extremely limited basis, by the time the fourth, fifth, and sixth Drakiensis generations come about most of the poor fucks would all be like genetically first cousins at best and inbred all to hell, with the exceptions being like private efforts by Boer or Lusophone eccentrics. @Ephraim Ben Raphael what do you think?

Last edited:
Just had a big cosmic-brain moment and now I want to share my epiphany with you all- the Homo Drakiensis is in fact human cattle. As in, if the Empire of Drakia survives into the 80s or 90s or even beyond, then the Drakiensis will suffer the the same hyper-homogenization that modern industrialized agriculture inflicted on commercial livestock breeds. The vast vast majority of different breeds and lineages of horses, dogs, cows, chicken, etc..., etc.., have died out or are in the process of dying out to a handful of modern breeds that maximize the sheer mass of meat and milk and eggs and the compliance of the animals themselves over everything else, in the brutal incentives of maximum economic efficiency. Like almost all cows in America and be directly traced to like less then a hundred bull sires total, same for horses, or pedigree dogs and cats, etc...

So too, would sheer size and expense of undertaking the Drakiensis process and industrializing human reproduction as much as we OTL have industrialized our domesticates in turn incentivize a winnowing of egg and sperm donor lines into those that have the highest number of successful implantations and bring the most pregnancies to term. Remember this shit is so fascist "kick up whatever numbers show the trains run on time" that the program has already straight up falsified the records and buried the bodies to hide how it didn't have a genetic screening process- how well would the safeguards against this rationalization really work when the scientists doing the work are expected to pull ever greater and better numbers out of their ass with each new fertilized generation?

Much like how today most places only have their traditional Alaskan Husky or Icelandic Horse environmentally adapted niche breeds on an extremely limited basis, by the time the fourth, fifth, and sixth Drakiensis generations come about most of the poor fucks would all be like genetically first cousins at best and inbred all to hell, with the exceptions being like private efforts by Boer or Lusophone eccentrics. @Ephraim Ben Raphael what do you think?

BBBBBBBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Status
Not open for further replies.