Now is the Winter of Our Discontent

Though...on reflection, I’m not quite sure Richard’s end will be violent enough to satisfy everyone. So if you have an ideal way for Richard to die ;)

...Or perhaps we’ll have to go the full Caesar style where everyone gets a turn.

Though...on reflection, I’m not quite sure Richard’s end will be violent enough to satisfy everyone. So if you have an ideal way for Richard to die ;)

...Or perhaps we’ll have to go the full Caesar style where everyone gets a turn.
I think we'll go caesar style where everyone who's presently involved gets a turn.
Eg. CaptainShadow: What, you egg? [He stabs him]
(Could not resist)
Can we do that?

Otherwise burning like Barbara is high on my list.
slow burning tho, nothing fast.

It could be a Murder on the Orient Express situation where (SPOILER)

Nearly made that joke ;) My favourite of AC’s actually but in line with that there will be a conspiracy, all we’re missing is a train :p

I think we have a more violent solid plan, you can get out your party hats in 1548...I have a little left to cover in this before we skip ahead a little.

Richard will probably screw up in the Tournament, and kill someone in a blind rage, someone important, which sets up how and why the murder plot is born...

Well yes the seeds are planted here, if it’s a bit of a slow burn...I don’t think anyone’s keen on a regency even if a baby would be a better option.

I mean if anyone wants to speculate on who it is that sends the conspiracy into motion, if you get it right or close enough I don’t know...I can answer any question you have about the TL, even if it’s something in the future :p

At this point, Richard just out of luck. Can't win a war with the Scots, lost Brittany to his sister and can't father a son. Personally the dude should just get harem like a Muslim ruler and evenually he have a son.

Richard should die of natural causes after having life full of frustration and lost opportunities. A bit like Henry VIII but without the good bits.

First off, I spotted three entries that should be threadmarked.

Second, I'm loving TTL

Third, by now gustav vasas sons should be getting of age. The first was a lunatic who married a maid, and died without offspring (to my knowledge at least), the third and last married polish, and secured Poland for Sweden for three generations, the middle went to England and tried to court, you guessed it, queen Elizabeth. Now if that goes through in TTL, that's a lot of changes.

England might adopt the allotment system, and gain a longstanding ally, Sweden might hold onto Poland, and later, by Karl XII win the wars and become a great power. Butterflies ahoy

First off, I spotted three entries that should be threadmarked.

Second, I'm loving TTL

Third, by now gustav vasas sons should be getting of age. The first was a lunatic who married a maid, and died without offspring (to my knowledge at least), the third and last married polish, and secured Poland for Sweden for three generations, the middle went to England and tried to court, you guessed it, queen Elizabeth. Now if that goes through in TTL, that's a lot of changes.

England might adopt the allotment system, and gain a longstanding ally, Sweden might hold onto Poland, and later, by Karl XII win the wars and become a great power. Butterflies ahoy

Thank you for reading and I'm glad you're enjoying :), my knowledge of Swedish history is pretty minimal so I'd probably need some help with it but I can say that there is an English-Swedish match among Elizabeth's spouses so that could be fun to play with.

Thank you for reading and I'm glad you're enjoying :), my knowledge of Swedish history is pretty minimal so I'd probably need some help with it but I can say that there is an English-Swedish match among Elizabeth's spouses so that could be fun to play with.
All three of Gustav vasas sons became kings, one after the other, The eldest, Erik (can't remember the number) was named Erik, was a lunatic, and married a maid. He might have gotten deposed, though i'm not sure. The second Johan III was the one who went to britain trying to woo queen elizabeth. He failed, and I believe he died childless. After that we have Karl, who married a polish noblewoman, and both his son and grandson became joint kings of Sweden and Poland. About this time, a book was very popular among swedish nobility, supposedly connecting the kings line, with some rather important biblical figures, think Adam and Eve. After this point in time the numbering of swedish kings have been utterly messed up, but that prestige, may lead to the match going through.

All three of Gustav vasas sons became kings, one after the other, The eldest, Erik (can't remember the number) was named Erik, was a lunatic, and married a maid. He might have gotten deposed, though i'm not sure. The second Johan III was the one who went to britain trying to woo queen elizabeth. He failed, and I believe he died childless. After that we have Karl, who married a polish noblewoman, and both his son and grandson became joint kings of Sweden and Poland. About this time, a book was very popular among swedish nobility, supposedly connecting the kings line, with some rather important biblical figures, think Adam and Eve. After this point in time the numbering of swedish kings have been utterly messed up, but that prestige, may lead to the match going through.

Useful information to know thank you! I know that we did some slight shuffling with birth dates as the existing Swedish princes weren't the right age or already married when we needed them for our purposes.

The second Johan III was the one who went to britain trying to woo queen elizabeth. He failed, and I believe he died childless. After that we have Karl, who married a polish noblewoman, and both his son and grandson became joint kings of Sweden and Poland.

No, no and once again not. It was Erik who tried to woo Elizabeth Tudor, and he married a commoner, not a maid and had a child on said commoner (Gustav Eriksson). Johan III married a Polish princess and his son became joint king of Sweden and Poland, but he was deposed by his uncle, younger brother of Johann and Erik, Karl who married a Holsteiner princess and had a son with her, Gustav II Adolph.

Useful information to know thank you! I know that we did some slight shuffling with birth dates as the existing Swedish princes weren't the right age or already married when we needed them for our purposes.
Seems I was quite wrong in that, part, as @Zygmunt Stary pointed out. In my defence, it's been years since I read up on it

Seems I was quite wrong in that, part, as @Zygmunt Stary pointed out. In my defence, it's been years since I read up on it

No problem, I did not personally attack you, I just pointed out the real events which could be useful ITTL (although rise of Vasas to Swedish throne and even much more to Polish one could be butterflied if POD is a different outcome of WoTR).

I appreciate the help regardless! My area of expertise is English history and I am hopelessly clueless about the rest except for a few odd spots, so if there's something that wouldn't necessarily work I appreciate it being pointed out :p

No problem, I did not personally attack you, I just pointed out the real events which could be useful ITTL (although rise of Vasas to Swedish throne and even much more to Polish one could be butterflied if POD is a different outcome of WoTR).
Doubt it, we're already in 1529, Stockholm's bloodbath happened in 1520 and his rise to power 1523