Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
comics on TV
PSX_20200418_214707.jpg

In 1977 CBS comics & Filmmation collaborated to bring Hawk & Dove to CBS Saturday morning lineup with Captain Marvel & Isis whom were finishing up their final seasons.
As part of the collaboration between Filmmation CBS comics would produce the comic adaptations of Filmmations original series as to make sure the lawaers could say that they were selling sell merchandise based on the comics not the TV series
PSX_20200411_103701.jpg

Space Sentinels would take elements of both Bulletman and Captain Marvel and therefore easily able to transfer Mercury, Hercules and Astra into the mainstream continuity after the show ended
PSX_20200411_141700.jpg

Space Academy however could not however be addaped in the comics as easily and would only last 7 issues.

View attachment 533714
Steve Gerber in December of 1976, decided he had enough of Ditkos "fascism & censorship of his ideas" having rejected his new take on Captain Marvel, and went to Pacific comics publishing to start his own comic company. In January of 1977 (having in his contract with CBS comics that he owned any creations) took Howard the Duck & Beverly Swieler and started Quack comics with his collaborators Mary Skvenes, Jim Mooney, & Val Mayerrik.
Quack comics first comic was an anthology featuring
  1. Quackineer a Howard the Duck story where Howard & Beverly travel through time where Bev is mistaken for Ann Bonty.
  2. Red Guard based on Gerber's rejected idea of making the Female Avenger a Russian Cosmonaut who is granted superpowers and becomes a flirtatious rivalry with the American hero (obvious parodying of Captain America, & Comando Yank)
  3. Omega the Unknown Based on Gerber's idea to change Captain Marvel Omega is the imaginary friend of young Richie that has come to life and the mystery of how he came to be
  4. From the Bog a blatant re telling of Man-Thing with the names changed & different art
Gerber decided that to stick it to the man and help bring in new talent that he would work without the comics code authority allowing the artist to not be hampered by the limitations of Sex, violence, or political ideology
View attachment 533738
Possible Quack Comics characters (from Marvel Comics)
Character - Year of Appearance - Mythos
Abu Ho Do - Aug. 1977 - Howard the Duck
Ali Wazoo - Aug. 1977 - Howard the Duck
Bogmon - Aug. 1977 - Howard the Duck
Bzzk'Joh - Aug. 1977 - Howard the Duck
Caliph - Aug. 1977 - Howard the Duck
Huck Petrie - Aug. 1977 - Howard the Duck
Wigid - Aug. 1977 - Howard the Duck
Amber Grant - Jan. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
Dian Wilkins - Mar. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
Dibbuk - Jul. 1978 - Omega the Unknown
Gramps - Feb. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
James-Michael Starling (replaced by Richie) - Jan. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
John Medley - Jan. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
El Gato - Jun. 1978 - Omega the Unknown
Omega the Unknown - Jan. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
Protar - Jan. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
Thomas Barrow - Jan. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
Wrench - Oct. 1977 - Omega the Unknown
Belasco - Feb. 1982 - ?
Charlie Blodgett - Jul. 1984 - Void Indigo
Colleen Mulgrew - Nov. 1984 - Void Indigo
Jhagur - Jul. 1984 - Void Indigo
Pete Mulgrew - Nov. 1984 - Void Indigo

munsters_meets_addams_family_by_kartoon12_dbqm25h-fullview.jpg

The Addams Family Meets The Munsters
The Addams Family Meets The Munsters is an animated crossover made-for-television film produced by PTVS. It stars The Addams Family and The Munsters
Plot
Our story begins with Lurch the butler. He was dusting the grandfather clock when he heard the doorbell ring. He groaned to himself and answered the door. Standing before him was a tall man who was the spitting image of Frankenstein's monster as he appeared in the 1931 Universal film. Standing beside him was a pale woman in a white dress with black hair, a kindly old man in a black suit and a red cape, a young lad with pointed ears and a widow's peak, and a teenage girl who looked like a normal blonde. "Howdy", the man said. "My name is Herman Munster. Is this the Addams residence?"

"Yes, it is, sir. What is it that you wish from Mr. Addams?" "We heard that the Addams Family are a very unusual and benevolent family. I figured they could solve my niece Marilyn's problems." "Come in. I will inform Mr. Addams of your presence. And who are these guys?"

"I am Herman's wife Lily. This is my father the Count. This charming little boy is my son Eddie, and this is my sister's daughter Marilyn. Please don't be frightened by her horrifying looks. She's very sensitive!" "I don't think she's hideous", said Lurch. "She reminds me of one of my former girlfriends. I'm sure Mr. Addams will have no trouble getting her a boyfriend."

The Munsters entered the house and were amazed at the sights. "Look at that giant suit of armor", said Lily. "How long has that been around?" "It belonged to our ancestor Sir Woodrot Addams", answered Gomez as he slid down the stairs' bannister while sword-fighting with Thing. "He was a brave knight! Saved an innocent dragon named Elsa from a cruel princess that was imprisoning her! Eventually, Sir Woodrot married Elsa and had a fiery little son. But why should I prattle about my ancestry when Lurch told me of the problem you are having, Mr. Munster?"

"You are not wasting anyone's time, Mr. Addams", stated Herman. "We would like to know you and your family a bit more before you help Marilyn." "Very well, then, Herman. My full name is Gomez Alonzo Addams. This handsome hand here is Thing. Like Lurch, he is our trustworthy and faithful servant." "What do these people want, bubele", asked Morticia.

"They need our help in getting a date for that girl Marilyn over there, Tish. Herman, this is my lovely wife Morticia. And that guy over there is my older brother Fester." "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Munster. I am a real live wire!" Uncle Fester then put a light bulb in his mouth and made it light up. Cousin Itt entered the room and mumbled his usual high-pitched gibberish.

"I beg your pardon", said Grandpa Dracula. "Oh, that's Cousin Itt. He's a secret agent, and he likes to speak in his own language. You'll figure it out soon. He said that Wednesday, Pugsley, and Pubert should be finished reading to Wednesday Jr. and Pugsley Jr. about some of our tales."

"Who are Wednesday, Pugsley, and Pubert", asked Herman. "Wednesday is our eldest daughter", explained Morticia. "Pugsley is our eldest son, and Pubert is the middle child." Herman flipped his lid. "Are you telling me that you and your husband are already grandparents? And that your eldest kids named their kids after themselves?"

"No, that is not the case", explained Gomez. "We just had a pair of twins recently, a boy and a girl. They reminded us of the first Wednesday and Pugsley during their infancy so much, we decided to have them share their names, with their consent, of course. Now, is there anything we can do about poor Marilyn?"

"Her problem is one that has plagued us for over 20 years", explained Lily. "20 years", asked Fester. "How is that possible?" "It was my doing", explained Grandpa Dracula. "We used to be your normal family living on 1313 Mockingbird Lane in the town of Mockingbird Heights, in the state of North Carolina, in the year 1971."

"Grandpa was experimenting with cryonics", continued Eddie. "Then an accident happened that left us cryogenically frozen for 20 years. We remained frozen until 1991, when some guys who wondered what happened to us opened the cellar door, got our frozen bodies out, and then thawed us out. We tried our best to adapt to the ways things have changed."

"I've met many fine boys, but all of them keep on running from me in fright", sighed Marilyn. "I don't think I understand what the problem is", said Fester. Herman glared at Fester and stomped his foot, causing bits of the ceiling to crumble off and hit the ground. "I want you to help my niece! I want it, want it, want it!" "Okay, Mr. Munster. Dr. Fester Addams will see what he can do. No need to lose your head!"

"How can you help me, Mr. Addams", Marilyn asked. "Just follow me to my lab, Marilyn. I believe I might have a concoction that will send the man of your dreams rushing to your waiting arms. And if not, then I can do something about your looks." Marilyn gave Fester a hug. "Thank you. You have no idea how kind you are!"

In Fester's lab, he cleared off his desk and did some searching. "Hmm, where did I put that potion? Is it in this drawer?" Fester opened a drawer. A loud scream emerged from it and Fester frantically slammed the drawer shut. "What was that", shrieked Marilyn. "Oh, that was just Aunt Belch. I accidentally disturbed her nap. Oh, here is that potion I've been looking for! Drink it, and you will undoubtedly find true love."

"But how will I know if it works?" "Trust me. If it works, you will feel an undeniable feeling in your bones! Not only is this a potion for getting your true love, but it also doubles as a confidence booster." Marilyn drank it. "Does it work, Marilyn? To answer, snap your fingers twice and whistle once for yes or whistle three times and snap your fingers once for no. Better make that two whistles and five finger snaps for yes and five whistles and a thumbs down for no!"

"I don't need to do all that silly junk, Mr. Addams. Your potion is a success! I feel sure that once I get back home to Mockingbird, I will find a man who doesn't care what I look like!" "Darn", yelled Fester. "And I was looking forward to using the other potion on you! It was a secret formula given to me by my old college classmate Dr. Jekyll!"

"You can always find another test subject", said Marilyn. Uncle Fester immediately cheered up and said "You're right! I'll test it on myself!" Fester drank the bubbling concoction and collapsed to the floor. He then got up and laughed like a lunatic. His laughter stopped when he looked in a mirror. "Oh, darn! It didn't work! Stupid thing must've gone flat while I was looking for the love potion! I ought to find Dr. Jekyll and punch him in the nose! Or maybe find his friend Mr. Hyde and shoot him in the back! Better yet, I'll ask Mr. Hyde not to kill me!"

"No need to go after him, Mr. Addams. Grandpa knows a great deal about magic potions. He might find a way to improve the potion." "Thank you, Marilyn. I'll go see him." Eddie, meanwhile, went to see Pugsley and Wednesday.

"What's it like to have brothers and sisters", Eddie asked Pugsley. "It has its ups and downs", Pugsley answered. "We get to have lots of fun together, but there are sometimes cases of sibling rivalry. I am guessing you are an only child." "Yes, I am. But I do not envy you. Cousin Marilyn is sort of like an older sister to me, and the neighborhood kids were always accepting of me." "How would you like to join my club, Eddie?" "I would like that very much, Pugsley. If you're ever on 1313 Mockingbird Lane, look me up." "I will if you promise to do the same to my family if you ever come back here on 1313 Cemetery Lane in Happydale Heights, New York."

Grandpa Dracula had done his bonding by exchanging love stories with Grandpa Charles Addams, who was Gomez, Fester, and Repelli's father. "Really. You are telling me that you are in fact THE Count Dracula!" "Well, I might have been a close relative. Dracula is a very common name, count is a very common title, and every Dracula that's a count has to be a vampire! I had 167 wives. They're all dead now, but I visit them often!"

"Eudora here is the single wife I've ever had, but I will always be grateful for the years we have spent together. It seems like only yesterday when I saw her frolicking through a field of deadly nightshade, her long hair flowing in the cold wind. Even in her old age, she is as beautiful as the day I first laid eyes on her."

"You are too kind, Charles", said Grandmama Addams. "It's too bad my husband never lived to see our daughter Morticia marry your charming son Gomez", said Granny Frump. "Oh, but I was there", answered Grandpa Galoot Frump's ghost, who appeared before the four reminiscing senior citizens. "How long has he been here", asked Grandpa Dracula. "I was standing here ever since you came here, Mr. Dracula. I still watch over my daughter Morticia and my son-in-law Gomez. I just don't want to interfere much. Maybe someday I will overcome my silly fears and do as my brother Specter did."

"I really liked meeting you people, but we got to get going", said Herman Munster. "Eddie's pet dragon Spot hasn't gotten his dinner yet, and he gets cranky when he hasn't been fed." "I understand, old man. Promise to come visit again sometime?" "We most certainly will return", said Lily. "Until next time, Addams, we bid you all adieu."

Gomez bolted up like a spring and started to vigorously kiss Morticia's arm. "Tish, that was French! Speak some yourself!" "Pardon my husband. He just loves it when I speak French. Lurch will show you out the door, Munsters." "But don't go just yet", said Granny Frump. "I baked a pie just for you." "Thank you, Mrs. Frump", said Herman. "Goodbye, Addams".

Morticia then spoke French as Gomez requested. "C'est la vie, amore, bonjour." "Querida, is it a wonder that we have been happily married for so many years?" "No, it isn't. We were made for each other." "Then let us dance the night away! Lurch, play your harpsichord! Thing, clap to get a rhythm going! It's time for another Addams dance!"

Back in Mockingbird, Marilyn sat comfortably with her family and decided to go for a stroll. As fate would have it, she ran into a boy with reddish-blond hair and freckles. "Oh, are you alright?" "I am now. My name is Lyle Morgan. Who are you, you pristine princess?" "I am Marilyn Munster. Would you like to meet my family?" "I would like that."

Lyle met the other members of the Munsters. Unlike Marilyn previous boyfriends, however, he was not scared away by them. The whole family was pleased that there was finally someone who chose to stay with Marilyn despite her homely appearance.

The End
Characters
From The Addams Family

• Gomez Addams
  • Morticia Addams
  • Pugsley Addams
  • Wednesday Addams
  • Uncle Fester
  • Grandmama
  • Lurch
  • Thing
  • Cousin Itt
From The Munsters
  • Herman Munster
  • Lily Munster
  • Grandpa
  • Eddie Munster
  • Marilyn Munster
Voice Cast
  • John Goodman as Herman Munster
  • Laura Bailey as Morticia Addams
  • Mae Whitman as Marilyn Munster
  • Mel Brooks as Grandpa
  • Sam Lavagnino as Eddie Munster
  • Tim Curry as Gomez Addams
  • Tina Fey as Lily Munster
  • Tom Kenny as Uncle Fester

Last edited:
munsters_meets_addams_family_by_kartoon12_dbqm25h-fullview.jpg

The Addams Family Meets The Munsters
The Addams Family Meets The Munsters is an animated crossover made-for-television film produced by PTVS. It stars The Addams Family and The Munsters
Plot
Our story begins with Lurch the butler. He was dusting the grandfather clock when he heard the doorbell ring. He groaned to himself and answered the door. Standing before him was a tall man who was the spitting image of Frankenstein's monster as he appeared in the 1931 Universal film. Standing beside him was a pale woman in a white dress with black hair, a kindly old man in a black suit and a red cape, a young lad with pointed ears and a widow's peak, and a teenage girl who looked like a normal blonde. "Howdy", the man said. "My name is Herman Munster. Is this the Addams residence?"

"Yes, it is, sir. What is it that you wish from Mr. Addams?" "We heard that the Addams Family are a very unusual and benevolent family. I figured they could solve my niece Marilyn's problems." "Come in. I will inform Mr. Addams of your presence. And who are these guys?"

"I am Herman's wife Lily. This is my father the Count. This charming little boy is my son Eddie, and this is my sister's daughter Marilyn. Please don't be frightened by her horrifying looks. She's very sensitive!" "I don't think she's hideous", said Lurch. "She reminds me of one of my former girlfriends. I'm sure Mr. Addams will have no trouble getting her a boyfriend."

The Munsters entered the house and were amazed at the sights. "Look at that giant suit of armor", said Lily. "How long has that been around?" "It belonged to our ancestor Sir Woodrot Addams", answered Gomez as he slid down the stairs' bannister while sword-fighting with Thing. "He was a brave knight! Saved an innocent dragon named Elsa from a cruel princess that was imprisoning her! Eventually, Sir Woodrot married Elsa and had a fiery little son. But why should I prattle about my ancestry when Lurch told me of the problem you are having, Mr. Munster?"

"You are not wasting anyone's time, Mr. Addams", stated Herman. "We would like to know you and your family a bit more before you help Marilyn." "Very well, then, Herman. My full name is Gomez Alonzo Addams. This handsome hand here is Thing. Like Lurch, he is our trustworthy and faithful servant." "What do these people want, bubele", asked Morticia.

"They need our help in getting a date for that girl Marilyn over there, Tish. Herman, this is my lovely wife Morticia. And that guy over there is my older brother Fester." "Pleased to meet you, Mr. Munster. I am a real live wire!" Uncle Fester then put a light bulb in his mouth and made it light up. Cousin Itt entered the room and mumbled his usual high-pitched gibberish.

"I beg your pardon", said Grandpa Dracula. "Oh, that's Cousin Itt. He's a secret agent, and he likes to speak in his own language. You'll figure it out soon. He said that Wednesday, Pugsley, and Pubert should be finished reading to Wednesday Jr. and Pugsley Jr. about some of our tales."

"Who are Wednesday, Pugsley, and Pubert", asked Herman. "Wednesday is our eldest daughter", explained Morticia. "Pugsley is our eldest son, and Pubert is the middle child." Herman flipped his lid. "Are you telling me that you and your husband are already grandparents? And that your eldest kids named their kids after themselves?"

"No, that is not the case", explained Gomez. "We just had a pair of twins recently, a boy and a girl. They reminded us of the first Wednesday and Pugsley during their infancy so much, we decided to have them share their names, with their consent, of course. Now, is there anything we can do about poor Marilyn?"

"Her problem is one that has plagued us for over 20 years", explained Lily. "20 years", asked Fester. "How is that possible?" "It was my doing", explained Grandpa Dracula. "We used to be your normal family living on 1313 Mockingbird Lane in the town of Mockingbird Heights, in the state of North Carolina, in the year 1991."

"Grandpa was experimenting with cryonics", continued Eddie. "Then an accident happened that left us cryogenically frozen for 20 years. We remained frozen until 2011, when some guys who wondered what happened to us opened the cellar door, got our frozen bodies out, and then thawed us out. We tried our best to adapt to the ways things have changed."

"I've met many fine boys, but all of them keep on running from me in fright", sighed Marilyn. "I don't think I understand what the problem is", said Fester. Herman glared at Fester and stomped his foot, causing bits of the ceiling to crumble off and hit the ground. "I want you to help my niece! I want it, want it, want it!" "Okay, Mr. Munster. Dr. Fester Addams will see what he can do. No need to lose your head!"

"How can you help me, Mr. Addams", Marilyn asked. "Just follow me to my lab, Marilyn. I believe I might have a concoction that will send the man of your dreams rushing to your waiting arms. And if not, then I can do something about your looks." Marilyn gave Fester a hug. "Thank you. You have no idea how kind you are!"

In Fester's lab, he cleared off his desk and did some searching. "Hmm, where did I put that potion? Is it in this drawer?" Fester opened a drawer. A loud scream emerged from it and Fester frantically slammed the drawer shut. "What was that", shrieked Marilyn. "Oh, that was just Aunt Belch. I accidentally disturbed her nap. Oh, here is that potion I've been looking for! Drink it, and you will undoubtedly find true love."

"But how will I know if it works?" "Trust me. If it works, you will feel an undeniable feeling in your bones! Not only is this a potion for getting your true love, but it also doubles as a confidence booster." Marilyn drank it. "Does it work, Marilyn? To answer, snap your fingers twice and whistle once for yes or whistle three times and snap your fingers once for no. Better make that two whistles and five finger snaps for yes and five whistles and a thumbs down for no!"

"I don't need to do all that silly junk, Mr. Addams. Your potion is a success! I feel sure that once I get back home to Mockingbird, I will find a man who doesn't care what I look like!" "Darn", yelled Fester. "And I was looking forward to using the other potion on you! It was a secret formula given to me by my old college classmate Dr. Jekyll!"

"You can always find another test subject", said Marilyn. Uncle Fester immediately cheered up and said "You're right! I'll test it on myself!" Fester drank the bubbling concoction and collapsed to the floor. He then got up and laughed like a lunatic. His laughter stopped when he looked in a mirror. "Oh, darn! It didn't work! Stupid thing must've gone flat while I was looking for the love potion! I ought to find Dr. Jekyll and punch him in the nose! Or maybe find his friend Mr. Hyde and shoot him in the back! Better yet, I'll ask Mr. Hyde not to kill me!"

"No need to go after him, Mr. Addams. Grandpa knows a great deal about magic potions. He might find a way to improve the potion." "Thank you, Marilyn. I'll go see him." Eddie, meanwhile, went to see Pugsley and Wednesday.

"What's it like to have brothers and sisters", Eddie asked Pugsley. "It has its ups and downs", Pugsley answered. "We get to have lots of fun together, but there are sometimes cases of sibling rivalry. I am guessing you are an only child." "Yes, I am. But I do not envy you. Cousin Marilyn is sort of like an older sister to me, and the neighborhood kids were always accepting of me." "How would you like to join my club, Eddie?" "I would like that very much, Pugsley. If you're ever on 1313 Mockingbird Lane, look me up." "I will if you promise to do the same to my family if you ever come back here on 1313 Cemetery Lane in Happydale Heights, New York."

Grandpa Dracula had done his bonding by exchanging love stories with Grandpa Charles Addams, who was Gomez, Fester, and Repelli's father. "Really. You are telling me that you are in fact THE Count Dracula!" "Well, I might have been a close relative. Dracula is a very common name, count is a very common title, and every Dracula that's a count has to be a vampire! I had 167 wives. They're all dead now, but I visit them often!"

"Eudora here is the single wife I've ever had, but I will always be grateful for the years we have spent together. It seems like only yesterday when I saw her frolicking through a field of deadly nightshade, her long hair flowing in the cold wind. Even in her old age, she is as beautiful as the day I first laid eyes on her."

"You are too kind, Charles", said Grandmama Addams. "It's too bad my husband never lived to see our daughter Morticia marry your charming son Gomez", said Granny Frump. "Oh, but I was there", answered Grandpa Galoot Frump's ghost, who appeared before the four reminiscing senior citizens. "How long has he been here", asked Grandpa Dracula. "I was standing here ever since you came here, Mr. Dracula. I still watch over my daughter Morticia and my son-in-law Gomez. I just don't want to interfere much. Maybe someday I will overcome my silly fears and do as my brother Specter did."

"I really liked meeting you people, but we got to get going", said Herman Munster. "Eddie's pet dragon Spot hasn't gotten his dinner yet, and he gets cranky when he hasn't been fed." "I understand, old man. Promise to come visit again sometime?" "We most certainly will return", said Lily. "Until next time, Addams, we bid you all adieu."

Gomez bolted up like a spring and started to vigorously kiss Morticia's arm. "Tish, that was French! Speak some yourself!" "Pardon my husband. He just loves it when I speak French. Lurch will show you out the door, Munsters." "But don't go just yet", said Granny Frump. "I baked a pie just for you." "Thank you, Mrs. Frump", said Herman. "Goodbye, Addams".

Morticia then spoke French as Gomez requested. "C'est la vie, amore, bonjour." "Querida, is it a wonder that we have been happily married for so many years?" "No, it isn't. We were made for each other." "Then let us dance the night away! Lurch, play your harpsichord! Thing, clap to get a rhythm going! It's time for another Addams dance!"

Back in Mockingbird, Marilyn sat comfortably with her family and decided to go for a stroll. As fate would have it, she ran into a boy with reddish-blond hair and freckles. "Oh, are you alright?" "I am now. My name is Lyle Morgan. Who are you, you pristine princess?" "I am Marilyn Munster. Would you like to meet my family?" "I would like that."

Lyle met the other members of the Munsters. Unlike Marilyn previous boyfriends, however, he was not scared away by them. The whole family was pleased that there was finally someone who chose to stay with Marilyn despite her homely appearance.

The End
Characters
From The Addams Family

• Gomez Addams
  • Morticia Addams
  • Pugsley Addams
  • Wednesday Addams
  • Uncle Fester
  • Grandmama
  • Lurch
  • Thing
  • Cousin Itt
From The Munsters
  • Herman Munster
  • Lily Munster
  • Grandpa
  • Eddie Munster
  • Marilyn Munster
Voice Cast
  • John Goodman as Herman Munster
  • Laura Bailey as Morticia Addams
  • Mae Whitman as Marilyn Munster
  • Mel Brooks as Grandpa
  • Sam Lavagnino as Eddie Munster
  • Tim Curry as Gomez Addams
  • Tina Fey as Lily Munster
  • Tom Kenny as Uncle Fester
Nice however I feel that this would work better in the 90s so some of the voice actors would not work

Tina Fey seems like she would not be viable. Wasn't she still in Chicago at this time as part of Second City?
Agreed I would recast the Adams Family/Munsters crossover as a special that was made to help promote the Adams family cartoon of 92. Thus using that voice cast and having
Brad Garrett as Herman Munster
Tress Macneile as Lily Munster
Rob Paulson as Eddie Munster
Kath Sorse as Marlyn
Phil Hartman as Grandpa

2000 AD is a weekly British science fiction-oriented comic magazine. As a comics anthology it serialises stories in each issue and was first published by IPC Magazines in 1977, the first issue dated 26 February. Since 2000 it has been published by Rebellion Developments.
Starting publication date of 26 February 1977 to present with Main characters Judge Dredd, Tharg the Mighty, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper, Nikolai Dante, SláineCreative teamCreated byKelvin Gosnell, Pat Mills, John WagnerWritten byJohn Wagner, Alan Grant, Pat Mills, Grant Morrison, Mark Millar, Ian Edginton, Alan MooreArtist(s)Mike McMahon, Carlos Ezquerra, Dave Gibbons, Massimo Belardinelli, Jock, Frank Quitely, Frazer Irving, Dom Reardon, Ian Gibson
Judge_Dredd_advert_in_1977.jpg

2000 AD is most noted for its Judge Dredd stories, and has been contributed to by a number of artists and writers who became renowned in the field internationally, such as Alan Moore, Dave Gibbons, Grant Morrison, Brian Bolland, Mike McMahon, John Wagner, Alan Grant and Garth Ennis. Other series in 2000 AD include Rogue Trooper, Sláine, Strontium Dog and ABC Warriors.

I know you have not listed everyone in your 200-Ad post, but please edit in Alan Davis- his work for 2000ad (DR & Qwinch etc) was amazing.

Also big contributiond to the US market.

Hey, hate to be a bother, but doesn't Shade The Changing Man make his debut around this year? I take it he'll be going to CBS.

NEDOR comics survives?
In 1977 C.C Beck got win that Stan Lee was headed to Japan. Beck realizing that Atlas comics could be attempting to court an international audience through Japan. Beck went to CBS President Robert Daily for permission to go to Tokyo, Daily agreed however the company stipulations were that that Beck was not allowed to market characters from CBS comics that are currently on CBS programming which would mean
No​
  • Captain Marvel & related characters​
  • Moongirl​
  • Hawk and Dove​
  • Isis & related characters​
As luck would have it Beck would remember that back in the late 40s Fawcett comics had acquired the rights to the characters from Nedor comics, as Fawcett never did anything with them and and the Goldenage heroes were starting to get a renewed interest thanks to the new convention circuit and the DC comics of Roy Thomas the time was ripe for The Nedor heroes to make a comeback. Beck & associates would contact the Manga publishers Akita Shoten and showeded the properties of
  • Black Terror
  • Miss Mask
  • Fighting Yank
  • Liberator
  • Spectro
  • Woman in Red
  • Doc Strange
  • Princess Panthra
  • Captain Future
And told they could adapt these characters in any way they disireed.
Leiji Matsumoto was appointed to come up with a project and introduced Kuro Kyofo (The Black Terror of Japan). Kuro Kyofo would be a hit in Japan as well as get a cult following in the States thanks to the comic conventions and with Akita Shoten planning on making series based on Ms Mask, Fighting Yank, and Spectro. It would not be long before the original Nedor characters would appear in issues of Crusader Squadron as part of Earth-N
images.jpeg.jpg

English reprints of the Akita Shoten comics wo be adapted for CBS comics & it's Successor with the help of the likes of Larry Hama and Ben Dunn

Last edited:
Beck was not allowed to market characters from CBS comics that are currently on CBS programming which would mean
No​
  • Captain Marvel & related characters​
  • Moongirl​
  • Hawk and Dove​
  • Isis & related characters​
I know you mentioned in a past post that Moongirl was Ibis daughter but I can not find a post that you talk about the Moongirl Show.
Did I miss it?
Or have you not gotten to it yet?