Should we change this title to "The Big 4 comics industry"

• Yes

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Yes but it will have to change when Image comics is formed?

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • No Fawcett comics survives is a good title

Votes: 6 46.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I was referring to this character
View attachment 543040
Who is retcon as the Captain Marvel of Earth-N
However the Manga publishers are aloud to take the characters and do whatever they want with them
In that case, you might have Beck see the artists working on the Other Captain Future show and bring it to the US.
Atlas could produce the American version of the Show and produce a comic .
It would allow them and CBS to tap into the Sci Fi Market after Star Wars with a ready to go show.

Was Logan Run a Movie in this timeline?
il_570xN.704473587_cx7p[1].jpg

Was it a sucess as in the OTL?
Who got the Comic Rights?

View attachment 507540
Transcript from Derekwc on YouTube
Moongirl is a TV series on CBS from 1973-1975. Moongirl is the dethroned Princess Artimis who uses her inherit Lunar powers to help the Earth from the forces of war that made the moon uninhabitable first appearing in EC comics Moon girl and the Prince in 1947 before getting absorbed by Fawcett Publication in 1953.
Tennis superstar Cathy Lee Crosby plays the now Blonde alien Princess Artemis going by Claire Lune who is secretly Moon Girl working for government to help her new home from destroying itself. Now it was weird for the 1973 audience to see Moon Girl
  1. Blonde when she had been raven haired
  2. Working for a THUNDER style organization instead of the superhero teams Legion of superheroes or the Crusader Squadron, or
  3. With no appearance of her boyfriend the Courageous Captain Star in site
However within its own standards this series is a good precursor to girl power action series like Charlie's Angels, Bionic Woman, and DCs own Wonder Woman.
Dirk Benedict would costar not as Captain Star but as her handler/love intrest Simon Rogers, CIA agent Simon Rogers would appear apper in THUNDER agents issue 76 in November of 73 with him becoming the New Spy Smasher in issue 77
Claire Lune herself would start to bleach her hair in the issue of Crusader Squadron #120 in 1974 and give THUNDER access to Lunar technology as a sign of trust in the pages of Courageous Captain Star & Moon girl #54 speaking of Lunar Technology as a pre-Star Wars scifi the effects can remind one of Logan's Run or My Favorite Martian fighting the likes of Ricardo Montebain, Burgess Meredith and James Woods as various mad scientist and Terrorist leaders
In 1974 the season Elisabeth Montgomery takes on the role of Moon Girls arch Nemesis Queen Satania as sort of an Evil version of Samantha Stevens from Bewitched.
The final season would have our Lunar Princess discover fellow Lunar refugees around America and train them into the Lunar knights an idea that would be setup when Moon Girl would be rebooted post Crisis in 1990 by Japanese writer/artist Naoko Takeuchi
View attachment 507571
Now I like this series. Yeah it was kinda tone def between goofy effect trying to promote feminism as serious issues but the heart was in the right place and had the show got a 3rd season with a bigger budget I think that the show could have been competition for its sister series it paved the way for.
I found the Moongirl entry.
Thanks

Crazy idea
Since Both Moongirl and Wonder Woman had TV shows in the 70's and Fawcett was doing some teams up in the 70's , how about a Moongirl/Wonder Woman Teamup ?

Fawcett comics survives
PSX_20200427_191626.jpg
In February of 1977 a New Avenger was introduced in the pages of Spy-Smasher #209 designed by Marie Severin and written by Archie Goodwin this New Avenger is Jessica Drew whose husband was was working on a suit for for Roger Wright that aloud the wearer flight, taser blast when her husband is killed Jessica is falsely convinced by the agents of S.P.I.D.E.R that Spy-Smasher was responsible for his death causing the 2 to fight. When Spy-Smasher was able to convince Jessica that Dr. Drew was helping THUNDER Jessica joined the heroes.
CBS comics really pushed for Avenger even getting Filmmation to make a cartoon series starring Joan Van Ark in 79 (called Avengress in the U.K)
dd.png

Though her comic book and cartoon was short lived Jessica Drew would stay a constant team player in issues of T.H.U.N.D.E.R agents and later FemForce.

Nice bunch of updates so far. Still a pity that Rodger is dead but Jessica as the new Avenger is a fitting exchange. Can't wait to Fawcett gets the Daleks back.

Star Trek
PSX_20200430_111422.jpg

In 1977 Star Trek returned to television on PTVS at 8:00 pm with Star trek: New Voyages and would last until 1981
Starring:
William Shatner as Admiral turned Commandant James T. Kirk
Steven Collins as Captain William Decker (Decker was created as a backup incase Shatner couldn't reprise his role. Though he had great scenes with Shatner as the son of the Starfleet commandant killed by the Doomsday machine and blaming Kirk. Collins felt that his role was wasting his career and left after the first season)
DeForest Kelley as Senior Medical officer Dr. Leonard McCoy
James Doohan as Chief Engineer Montgomery "Scotty" Scott (1st officer)
David Gautreaux as Science officer Lt. Xon of Vulcan (a young replacement for Spock)
Nichelle Nichols as Commander Nitoya Uhura
George Takei as Lt. Commander Hikaru Sulu
Persis Khambatta as Navigator Ilia of Delta-3 (Ilia was the love intrest of William Decker in the first season but after the characters death Ilia would choose a new Imazia in Lt. Xon allowing the newer characters some much needed hype)
Walter Koenig as security chief Lt. Pavlov Chekov
Susan Sullivan as Dr. Lori Ciana ships Councilor (Ships Councilor was created as Jon Povill felt that a Space Voyage would be hard on an officer's psychological condition. Unfortunately many of the writers were not good at writing psychology and Lori mostly focused on her being Kirk's bitter Ex-wife )
Majel Barrett as Dr. Christie Chapel
Grace Lee Whitney as Transporter chief Janice Rand
Executive producers:
Gene Roddenberry
Robert Goodwin
Harold Livingston
Story editor:
Jon Povill
Recurring guest stars would include
Keye Luke as Admiral Nakamota
Sid Haig as Klingon commander Kong
Jon Saxon as Romulan Captain Turlock
Craig Littler as Ensign Paul Kirk
Lenord Nimoy as Captain Spock ( returns in the final season)
PSX_20200430_105005.jpg

Atlas comics would pick up the license to Star Trek and their double size feature written by DC Fontana and drawn by Dave cockrum would explain Spocks disappearance as the Vulcan pilgrimage he had to take after their 5 year mission as well as introducing the Deltans as a matriarch Society that had recently joined the United Federation of planets with Ilia being the ambassadors daughter. The comic was a great success and with the new intrest in Science fiction helped prevent Atlas from fialing for bankruptcy.

Last edited:
View attachment 543696
In 1977 Star Trek returned to television on PTVS at 8:00 pm with Star trek: New Voyages and would last until 1980
Starring:
Steven Collins as Captain William Decker (Decker was created as a backup incase Shatner couldn't reprise his role. Though he had great scenes with Shatner as the son of the Starfleet commandant killed by the Doomsday machine and blaming Kirk. Collins felt that his role was wasting his career and left after the first season)
David Gautreaux as Science officer Lt. Xon of Vulcan (a young replacement for Spock)
Persis Khambatta as Navigator Ilia of Delta-3 (Ilia was the love intrest of William Decker in the first season but after the characters death Ilia would choose a new Imazia in Lt. Xon allowing the newer characters some much needed hype)
Susan Sullivan as Dr. Lori Ciana ships Councilor (Ships Councilor was created as Jon Povill felt that a Space Voyage would be hard on an officer's psychological condition. Unfortunately many of the writers were not good at writing psychology and Lori mostly focused on her being Kirk's bitter Ex-wife )
Executive producers:
Gene Roddenberry
Robert Goodwin
Harold Livingston
Story editor:
Jon Povill
View attachment 543724
Atlas comics would pick up the license to Star Trek and their double size feature written by DC Fontana and drawn by Dave cockrum would explain Spocks disappearance as the Vulcan pilgrimage he had to take after their 5 year mission as well as introducing the Deltans as a matriarch Society that had recently joined the United Federation of planets with Ilia being the ambassadors daughter. The comic was a great success and with the new intrest in Science fiction helped prevent Atlas from fialing for bankruptcy.
Nice entry.
I never been a fan of the idea of "Spock was a success. Let put a replacement Vulcan on board" that Xon was going to be.
I don't think he going to work well as a character and I suspect that Star Trek Fan would not have care for the Character. Most would be upset that he not Spock.
I could easily imagine Star Trek Fan Zines at the time calling him "Spock Jr."
But that what they were planning with Phase 2. (I like the title New Voyages more then Phase Two, by the way)

I hope that the fact that it only runs two season, does not hurt the Franchise in the long run.
It will be less likely to see Star Trek Movies in this time line.
But will we still get a Next Gen in the future?

Last edited:
Nice entry.
I never been a fan of the idea of "Spock was a success. Let put a replacement Vulcan on board" that Xon was going to be.
I don't think he going to work well as a character and I suspect that Star Trek Fan would not have care for the Character. Most would be upset that he not Spock.
I could easily imagine Star Trek Fan Zines at the time calling him "Spock Jr."
But that what they were planning with Phase 2. (I like the title New Voyages more then Phase Two, by the way)

I hope that the fact that it only runs two season, does not hurt the Franchise in the long run.
It will be less likely to see Star Trek Movies in this time line.
But will we still get a Next Gen in the future?
Xon hooking up with Ilia will certainly help with his character growth
New Voyages was canceled due to the 1981 writers strike and the characters will return in a series of TV movies before getting another spinoff

View attachment 543696
In 1977 Star Trek returned to television on PTVS at 8:00 pm with Star trek: New Voyages and would last until 1981
Starring:
Executive producers:
Gene Roddenberry
Robert Goodwin
Harold Livingston
Story editor:
Jon Povill
View attachment 543724
How will this affect TNG?

Xon hooking up with Ilia will certainly help with his character growth
New Voyages was canceled due to the 1981 writers strike and the characters will return in a series of TV movies before getting another spinoff
And how many episodes till the Bodysuits costumes underwent major changes?
The Cast hated the uniforms in "ST The Motion Picture" .
One of the reason that there was a change in the Costumes for Wrath of Khan.
The whole cast wanted different outfits.

Interesting Star Trek entry there. Hopefully the ‘minor roles’ get more to do than in TOS.

Do we see more non-Human faces among the crew and at Starfleet to break up the idea of it being a mostly Human organisation?
Hopefully some stuff like the body monitors make it into the show and survives the uniform change when it happens.
Are we on smooth or bumpy headed Klingons?
During the ’gap years’ many books has been written inc the the Franz Joseph’s technical manuals and the back story for the Klingons and Romulans - do these sources get used in this new Star Trek- apparently they didn’t otl as Roddenberry was not getting a cut of the book sales- is he told to take a jump here and use them or is he getting a bigger slice so has no problem?
Do many of the old creators come back? Does this lessen the ‘cult of Roddenberry’ that grew up about him that he encouraged?
Thank you for using Cockrum- man was an excellent artist.

I would really love to see this get spun into it's own thread. Also is the following in universe