Die Alte Welt Hat Überlebt- A Central Powers Victory Collaborative Timeline

How many civil wars should Russia have?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the US is in a similar situation to it is in OTL, and Germany is the equivalent to Britain or nowhere potentially. What I’m getting at is- parallelism might not be necessary
As Britain and the US are presumably allied after WW2, could you see a Anglo-American split similar to the Sino-Soviet split during the cold war?

I have now finished the world map, and thus I will start focusing on building individual nations etc. from now on:

Regarding Australia, I picture North (or West?) Adelaide as a large West Berlin.

And the AUC date? I thought that Romanists - as they hark back to the Roman Empire - would at least take up the epoch "Ab Urbe Condita". This is why the map also has an Ab Urbe Condita (AUC) date.

Gk9FWA9.png
Why is there that Free Australian exclave north of Adelaide?

Deleted member 107125

@Hindustani Person , as it seems very clear that Konstantin Rodzaevsky will win this vote/poll:

I would be prepared to concede (i.e. switch my vote to Rodzaevsky) if we give Mykola Symonenko some high-ranking position. What position in Fascist Russia would you suggest for Symonenko?
I thought about (names of offices provisional!):
  • Minister of the Interior and Security (would have powers much akin to Himmler)
  • Minister of Religion (another brutal and insane ministry, with something like a Gestapo to oversee Orthodoxy and persecute all non-Orthodox people)
  • Minister of Transportation and Resources
  • A kind of Reichskommissar - whatever that would be in Russian - in Ukraine (like Seyß-Inquart after the Anschluss of Austria)
Any other suggestions for posts or offices?
The last is the best idea. By the way may I use the dates you chose?

I was asked about Bukovina-it had clear Orthodox majority (Ukrainian speaking in northern part, Romanian speaking in southern part). Some Poles immigrated there from Galizia and Austrian Silesia during Habsburg rule (in Romanian part they survived up to this day) but they were always miniority.

The Dissolution of the Free Australian Pacific Territories
t4Arz0N.png

The 8 independent republics are New Hebrides (Vanuatu and Solomon Islands), Fiji, Papua (former German New Guinea and West Papua apart from Bird's head peninsula(the rest of Papua is owned by Free Australia)), Sulawesi (Sulawesi and Halmahera), South Aotearoa (Southland, Otago, West Coast and Canterbury provinces of NZ), New Zealand (the rest of NZ), Sunda (Lesser Sunda Islands apart from Timor and Bali, which are owned by Free Australia) and Mauritius (Mauritius and the Chagos Islands).

Last edited:
t4Arz0N.png

The 8 independent republics are New Hebrides (Vanuatu and Solomon Islands), Fiji, Papua (former German New Guinea and West Papua apart from Bird's head peninsula(the rest of Papua is owned by Free Australia)), Sulawesi (Sulawesi and Halmahera), South Aotearoa (Southland, Otago, West Coast and Canterbury provinces of NZ), New Zealand (the rest of NZ), Sunda (Lesser Sunda Islands apart from Timor and Bali, which are owned by Free Australia) and Mauritius (Mauritius and the Chagos Islands).
Free Australia? With that much Pacific territory, it should be the "Federation of Polynesian Republics" or something

Deleted member 107125

t4Arz0N.png

I doubt that German New Guinea would join Australia at all

The last is the best idea. By the way may I use the dates you chose?

Of course you may, and I will expand them.

t4Arz0N.png

That is by far not what I pictured. I pictured the Southern Pacific to be mostly German colonies, and New Zealand always was independent. Alsu, Sulawesi and the Moluccas are red.

How did you come to that idea without coordinaating with anybody? Also, @Hindustani Person , why did you make it canon immediately - or is that not what the threadmark means.

I agree with you that NZ should not stay part of Australia, just a temporary thing in the late 40s and early 50s that breaks apart soon later.
Free Australia's manifest destiny of the pacific only accomplishes part of itself in the 40s to 70s and the areas it took over gain independence in the mid 70s, leaving Australia how it was to begin with without an imperialistic tendency.
In your map (which is set in 2019), NZ should be completely independent like you have it now.

Why do you want Free Australia to have some "manifest destiny" at all? Maybe it occupies a few areas out of fear of Japan and the reds, but I pictured West Australia/Free Australia as libertarian and focused on freedom, not on expanding. I still don't think much of New Zealand ever having been part of any Australian nation.

And Tonga, Fiji, Vanuatu et al. were most likely German before some of them went red, not Australian.

I think the US is in a similar situation to it is in OTL, and Germany is the equivalent to Britain or nowhere potentially. What I’m getting at is- parallelism might not be necessary

How? An isolationist US is something different I would say. What do you mean by this?

I doubt it. Strained

Britain and the US are definitely not allied. We have a fascist(!) Britain.

Deleted member 107125

How? An isolationist US is something different I would say. What do you mean by this?
Not a bad idea, just wondering why the US would suddenly go that way

Britain and the US are definitely not allied. We have a fascist(!) Britain.
Speaking of which-
So my idea for Fascist Britain is-
  • George V abdicates
  • Edward VIII rules until he marries Wallis Simpson
  • Romanists under John Edward Leese (not Mosley) invited to rule as regents due to a political mess
  • Persecution of Celts and Jews ensue
  • Britain enters the war on the Russian side
  • Eventually realises things aren’t going well for the Russians and they may be subject to another Strasbourg-like scenario if not invasion
  • 1953- Leese dies and the Fascist regime ends

Not a bad idea, just wondering why the US would suddenly go that way

Speaking of which-
So my idea for Fascist Britain is-
  • George V abdicates
  • Romanists under John Edward Leese (not Mosley) invited to rule as regents due to a political mess
  • Eventually realises things aren’t going well for the Russians and they may be subject to another Strasbourg-like scenario if not invasion

Britain is fascist in 2019, so the regime can't have ended in 1953.
And what do you mean with a "Strasbourg-like scenario"? I don't think anybody stated that Strasbourg was nuked, or?

Also, where did you get the name "John Edward Leese" from - I do like the name...

Last edited:
  • George V abdicates
  • George V died in 1919.
  • Wallis is super easy to butterfly
  • I have an idea about an ideology - I will post it shortly
  • Maybe?
  • I am thinking more against France - given the French revolts led to the loss of the war, revenge is needed
  • Have to see given above
  • I have another plan for the end of Fascism

Deleted member 107125

• George V died in 1919.
  • Wallis is super easy to butterfly
  • I have an idea about an ideology - I will post it shortly
  • Maybe?
  • I am thinking more against France - given the French revolts led to the loss of the war, revenge is needed
  • Have to see given above
  • I have another plan for the end of Fascism
OK let me see

Well... most of your plans are good, but as I said, Britain is still fascist. So we can't have any "end of fascism" for Britain. The regime could have moderated, could now "only" be authoritarian Romanist instead of totalitarian and persecuting minorities day by day, but I want Britain to still be Romanist in 2019, @Ferd42 and @Hindustani Person .

EDIT: And Leese (or whoever was the first dictator) could well have been (by far?) the most radical - like Stalin was by far the most radical and totalitarian dictator of the USSR.

Deleted member 105545

Well... most of your plans are good, but as I said, Britain is still fascist. So we can't have any "end of fascism" for Britain. The regime could have moderated, could now "only" be authoritarian Romanist instead of totalitarian and persecuting minorities day by day, but I want Britain to still be Romanist in 2019, @Ferd42 and @Hindustani Person .

EDIT: And Leese (or whoever was the first dictator) could well have been (by far?) the most radical - like Stalin was by far the most radical and totalitarian dictator of the USSR.
You do know that you aren't the only one, right? This is a collaborative timeline, not yours. Let other's opinions through.

Oh, it seems like there indeed was no consensus...
I thought that Britain would remain fascist as Operation Sealion is just as implausible ITTL as it was IOTL. With the help of Japan and a civil war, you can beat Russia, however, I doubt Germany et al. can beat Britain.
They did - in my view - force Britain to give independence to Canada and most other areas of the Empire.

Otherwise: What would you propose? I think a "normal" constitutional monarchy UK is clichéd - would you like a Syndicalist version of Britain?

Status
Not open for further replies.