Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, how do you create custom states maps or, for a country, how do you add or remove territory from the wiki page image ?
Example : I wish to remove the southern tip of Mozambique from its wiki page image here :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozambique#/media/File:Location_Mozambique_AU_Africa.svg
How do I go about doing this ?
Or if I want to put different states on a US map like @Planita13 did, how do I come around to do that ?
Edit it afterwords in Paint.net or photoshop or inkscape

Another post for my Gran Lago timeline, where a massive lake in Southern California doesn't dry up and sticks around to the modern day (with some help). This time a traitor. The thread for this timeline can be found here.

1sNUOEg.png

Joseph Lane can be described as "James Buchanan with a lot more malice".

Well...one author has described James Buchanan's actions as treason.

He basically let his own political allies pilfer US army materials, essentially abetting secession.

Lane, meanwhile, is actively breaking the Union apart.
I suppose but this is extra treason. In addition its a good way for the border states to shift allegiances.

Rough POD: Due to better treatment of the American colonies, the Revolution never happens, yet the colonies are largely self-governing up until the mid-1780s when they gain independence from the U.K. as a parliamentary monarchy: the Kingdom of America.

The young Prince William, son of George III, was chosen to be King and was crowned the same day the first American government under Prime Minister Benjamin Franklin was formed, taking the name "Columbia" as the title of royal house. William I would rule until 1837 when he is succeeded by his younger brother Ernest Augustus, who took the name George I.

Untitled1.png

Big thanks to @LeinadB93 and @Kanan for the inspiration to create this because of their amazing British North America TL's.

Last edited:
The 6th Vancouver Island general election took place on May 28, 2019, to elect the 29 members of the 6th Parliament of Vancouver Island in the Canadian province of Vancouver Island. In the 5th Parliament, the New Democratic Party (NDP) formed the government under the leadership of Rob Fleming, while the Liberal Party formed the Official Opposition under the leadership of Michelle Stillwell; the smaller Green Party and Conservative Party were also represented.

The election saw significant changes to the province's political landscape. The NDP, who had formed government since 2005, were returned to power but saw their seat count and vote share decline to the lowest levels since 2001. The Green Party rose to 9 seats and nearly a third of the vote, forming the Official Opposition for the first time in their history, and becoming the second such Green Party to form the opposition in Canada. The Conservative Party doubled their seats and votes to become the third-largest party, while the Liberals saw a massive decline in their vote share and were reduced to a single seat.

dnwKZ6A.png

(Yes, this is set in the current year, but I don't think it counts as "current politics". I say this because Vancouver Island is not a province IOTL and so its politics, though inspired by OTL, are ultimately my own imagination; and the leaders, while real people, are not national figures and I can't imagine them spurring the sort of discussion that the "no current politics" rule is meant to prevent. There are commonalities but this is decidedly not our world.)

(Credit where credit's due: the opening paragraphs are based in part on similar openings on Wikipedia articles, particularly the 2005 and 2009 BC elections.)

Last edited:
Follow up to this:

King William I's legitimate children would all die young, and any children that did survive into adulthood were all illegitimate ones mothered by several mistresses. As such, the crown would pass to his younger brother Ernest Augustus, who settled in America in 1813, following the end of his military service. Proclaiming himself George I in honor of his father and brother, the second American King's reign would be a largely forgotten one.

At 66 years old, many, including George himself, thought he was too old to be reigning over a growing nation. His only son and successor, Prince George, would serve as an undeclared regent during most of his reign. George's death in 1851 seemed to end his reign as quickly as it began, although one could contribute this to the fact that his brother's half-a-century rule overshadowing his.

Untitled1.png

Last edited:
Edwin Edwards, with his genial personality, Cajun roots, corruption, and womanizing, would've been Bill Clinton on steroids.

He would've made the 90s more interesting then OTL.
I was more thinking the Kennedys, but Clinton is certainly a good comparison (although Edwards was quite a bit more left-wing than Clinton, but you get the point)

This has probably been done before, in a better capacity, but eh, I was awake at 2am and this is what happens.
Way back when, Marx considered moving to Texas around the time of Lincoln (this is the fuel for a lot of dog-whistle conspiracy theories, but I digress). As such, Marx's idea of a workers revolution finds its way into the Americas.

BACK IN THE USSA

7aygNCn.png
IutLy1P.png
fb8vqZQ.png
bfz7ojL.png

This has probably been done before, in a better capacity, but eh, I was awake at 2am and this is what happens.
Way back when, Marx considered moving to Texas around the time of Lincoln (this is the fuel for a lot of dog-whistle conspiracy theories, but I digress). As such, Marx's idea of a workers revolution finds its way into the Americas.

I will take a stab at this.

Browder is the analog of Vladimir Lenin.

Dillinger is the analog of Joseph Stalin.

Lovestone is the analog of Mikhail Gorbachev.​

Status
Not open for further replies.