Alternate Wikipedia Infoboxes V (Do Not Post Current Politics Here)

Discussion in 'Alternate History Maps and Graphics' started by Oppo, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Bolt451 Quinoa Heartilly

Sorry if this has been asked before. Can anyone link me to a tutorial on how to make wikiboxes? I want to make one about a 2011 UK electoral reform referendum

2. Planita13 Wishing for a Lake

Another post for my Gran Lago timeline, where a massive lake in Southern California doesn't dry up and sticks around to the modern day (with some help). This time a traitor. The thread for this timeline can be found here.

[​IMG]
    minor edits

Last edited: Jun 19, 2019
  3. Nitracsavo Member

POD: Ottoman forces successfully took Wien in 1683, and because of this Turkish rule in the Balkans lasted much longer. In this timeline, a large amount of Hungarian population got killed by wars and famines, and they gradually became a small minority in the Carpathian Basin. Hungarian territories slowly changed their language and ethnic identity: Transylvania is now Romanian-Saxon dominated federal republic, Upper Hungary turned into modern-day Slovakia under the Rákóczi family's rule, Western Hungary got Germanized and was part of Austroczechia for centuries, and Serbs were the one who liberated Ottoman Hungary.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    Indicus, msmp, Archimedes and 21 others like this.
  4. THeaven I am the Watcher

1976 Confederate States Presidential election PSX_20190617_130652.jpg
    With President Carter winning the presidency after peaceful negotiations with US president Richard Nixon in 72 beating incumbent Miguel Del la Madrid. The first candidate from the Golden circle to run in a major party

5. Charlie950 El gringo hispanohablante izquierdista

I usually find some no-name state- or local-level politician on Wiki who has a photo

Goweegie2 likes this.
  6. wolfhound817 Priest of Hank

Upper Canada electiomn.png west canada.png

7. Goweegie2 Infobox posting transgirl

I usually use real politicians for mine

8. Wings Alternate History Australian

9. wolfhound817 Priest of Hank

Edit it afterwords in Paint.net or photoshop or inkscape

leecannon_ likes this.
  10. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

Joseph Lane can be described as "James Buchanan with a lot more malice".

11. Planita13 Wishing for a Lake

Also with treason

Goweegie2 likes this.
  12. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

Well...one author has described James Buchanan's actions as treason.

He basically let his own political allies pilfer US army materials, essentially abetting secession.

Lane, meanwhile, is actively breaking the Union apart.

13. Planita13 Wishing for a Lake

I suppose but this is extra treason. In addition its a good way for the border states to shift allegiances.

Goweegie2 likes this.
  14. NickRome Active Member

Rough POD: Due to better treatment of the American colonies, the Revolution never happens, yet the colonies are largely self-governing up until the mid-1780s when they gain independence from the U.K. as a parliamentary monarchy: the Kingdom of America.

The young Prince William, son of George III, was chosen to be King and was crowned the same day the first American government under Prime Minister Benjamin Franklin was formed, taking the name "Columbia" as the title of royal house. William I would rule until 1837 when he is succeeded by his younger brother Ernest Augustus, who took the name George I.

Untitled1.png

Big thanks to @LeinadB93 and @Kanan for the inspiration to create this because of their amazing British North America TL's.

15. Windows7Guy100 Well-Known Member

16. Kermode Well-Known Member

The 6th Vancouver Island general election took place on May 28, 2019, to elect the 29 members of the 6th Parliament of Vancouver Island in the Canadian province of Vancouver Island. In the 5th Parliament, the New Democratic Party (NDP) formed the government under the leadership of Rob Fleming, while the Liberal Party formed the Official Opposition under the leadership of Michelle Stillwell; the smaller Green Party and Conservative Party were also represented.

The election saw significant changes to the province's political landscape. The NDP, who had formed government since 2005, were returned to power but saw their seat count and vote share decline to the lowest levels since 2001. The Green Party rose to 9 seats and nearly a third of the vote, forming the Official Opposition for the first time in their history, and becoming the second such Green Party to form the opposition in Canada. The Conservative Party doubled their seats and votes to become the third-largest party, while the Liberals saw a massive decline in their vote share and were reduced to a single seat.

[​IMG]

(Yes, this is set in the current year, but I don't think it counts as "current politics". I say this because Vancouver Island is not a province IOTL and so its politics, though inspired by OTL, are ultimately my own imagination; and the leaders, while real people, are not national figures and I can't imagine them spurring the sort of discussion that the "no current politics" rule is meant to prevent. There are commonalities but this is decidedly not our world.)

(Credit where credit's due: the opening paragraphs are based in part on similar openings on Wikipedia articles, particularly the 2005 and 2009 BC elections.)

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    Indicus, CanadianTory, GBehm and 18 others like this.
  17. ST15RM Ich bin ein AH.commer!

18. NickRome Active Member

Follow up to this:

King William I's legitimate children would all die young, and any children that did survive into adulthood were all illegitimate ones mothered by several mistresses. As such, the crown would pass to his younger brother Ernest Augustus, who settled in America in 1813, following the end of his military service. Proclaiming himself George I in honor of his father and brother, the second American King's reign would be a largely forgotten one.

At 66 years old, many, including George himself, thought he was too old to be reigning over a growing nation. His only son and successor, Prince George, would serve as an undeclared regent during most of his reign. George's death in 1851 seemed to end his reign as quickly as it began, although one could contribute this to the fact that his brother's half-a-century rule overshadowing his.

Untitled1.png

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  19. Hubert Humphrey Fan 1968 RIP Japhy

Basically, the party coalitions of the 1950s never end.

1950sForever.png

msmp, Roosevelt, NVB and 32 others like this.
  20. Bookmark1995 Bookmark95 Reborn!

Edwin Edwards, with his genial personality, Cajun roots, corruption, and womanizing, would've been Bill Clinton on steroids.

He would've made the 90s more interesting then OTL.