Status
Not open for further replies.
1024px-Flag_of_the_Russian_Empire_%28black-yellow-white%29.svg.png

This flag has been used to de facto represent Russia since the end of the 17th century, and today is used as a symbol of anti-establishment and even monarchism sentiment in the Russian opposition minority. Although I'm not sure about its symbolism, it's pretty prominent in alt-history and can be commonly found in alternate Russia scenarios (mainly monarchist ones).

This flag has been used to de facto represent Russia since the end of the 17th century, and today is used as a symbol of anti-establishment and even monarchism sentiment in the Russian opposition minority. Although I'm not sure about its symbolism, it's pretty prominent in alt-history and can be commonly found in alternate Russia scenarios (mainly monarchist ones).

Right. This being the Imperial Russian flag from 1858-1917 to represent the empire, decreed by Alexander II. The white, blue, and red one being the "civil" flag. Which is a bit confusing to me.

Thank you though! I appreciate it. Do you have examples of what you made out of that scheme?

Last edited:
Right. This being the Imperial Russian flag from 1858-1917 to represent the empire, decreed by Alexander II. The white, blue, and red one being the "civil" flag. Which is a bit confusing to me.

Thank you though! I appreciate it. Do you have examples of what you made out of that scheme?
The black gold silver is the Romanov colours and comes from their family arms. The blue red silver comes from the Moscow arms.

Presumably when you ask for Russian style flags what you're actually after is Russian style arms on a base flag?

The black gold silver is the Romanov colours and comes from their family arms. The blue red silver comes from the Moscow arms.

Presumably when you ask for Russian style flags what you're actually after is Russian style arms on a base flag?

Sure! Anything like that! And also tricolors too! I just like seeing examples of what people have made! I'm going to take my own crack at this.

Flags from the Aral Sea (Aral Desert) Region:

Some Central-Asian and Soviet inspired flags based around several ideas of the Aral Sea drying up at various points in time, long before it dried in our timeline. In some of the scenarios there would be very small ethnic populations that would inhabit the area, starting as nomadic peoples that would travel across the Aral Kum Desert, with small settlements and trading posts based around the lakes that remain.

Since most of the people groups within this area were nomadic, there were few written records kept of the history of the region. The few records that were written were kept by those who stayed in the settlements around the lakes to the north or by the Karakalpaks that inhabited the Amu Darya River to the south, in present day Uzbekistan. Those records told of a vast sea that once covered the area that is now the Aral Kum Desert. How or why the sea dried is not known entirely to the people there, only that it brought hardship to the ones that stayed.

One of the oldest settlements in the region was Kolqala, or Kolkala as it is known today. Originally a fishing village on the shores of a small lake in the area, it became a fortified town over the many decades, eventually becoming the capital of the small Kolqala Khanate. The origins of the name are uncertain but it seems to be derived from either Kazakh or Uzbek, most commonly translated as "lake town".

During the 1860s-1870s, the Russians moved south as part of their conquest of Central Asia, colonizing the region and preparing it for Russian settlement. Skirmishes and several small scale pitched battles took place between the Russians and the people of "Aralistan". Eventually the region was conquered and absorbed into the Russian Empire.

The people in this region share space with Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Karakalpaks, and ethnic Russians.

Original source for this idea comes from InkingMarch --- >>>
https://www.deviantart.com/otakumilitia
https://www.deviantart.com/inkingmarch

Aralstan 1.png

^^^ --- The old flag of the Kolqala Khanate that once ruled the area of "Aralistan"

Unknown-4.png

^^^ --- During World War I and the subsequent Russian Civil War, the muslim peoples of Central Asia revolted, attempting to claim independence in the wake of the Russian Empire's collapse. As part of the Basmachi Movement, the people of Aralistan adopted this flag from 1917 to 1923. Red Army forces eventually crushed the rebels in Aralistan.

Unknown-3.png

^^^ --- Flag of the Aralistan SSR, under Soviet rule. During the Soviet years Aralistan under-went heavy Russification as Russians began settling the area, with Cyrillic becoming the primary alphabet of Aralistan and Russian being widely spoken.

Aralstan 4.png

^^^ --- Modern flag of the republic.

EDIT: Soviet-Era flag added.
EDIT: Basmachi Movement flag added.

Last edited:
UCAS.png

A version of UCAS flag from RPG shadowrun.
In this game, after the magic awakeing, the USA collapsed(as a lot of nations, to be honest)and the southern states seceded to form a New Confederation(not a confedecay, if there is any difference, anyway the manual says so)
The northern states(deproved by the west, regained by the Native american nations) merged with Canada.

I have decided to gave up the desing they do in Nations of North America and goes with one of mine.
The 13 strips are for Usa and mapple leaf for Canada.
Since the new secession is been paceful, there are no stars in this flag, to not stress the loss of southern states.

If you think can be wothwhil, i'll re-made some Shadowrun flags that i don't like,

peoples-federation-of-chinese-republics.png

People's Federation of Chinese Republics
The annexation of Mongolia and North Korea in the late '50s was not enough to calm the Chinese beast. Mao's Red Dragon was restless and hungry for more, and neither the pesky Ruskies nor the hated Yankees could do anything to stop it. The strategy was simple: make both America's and the USSR's position in East Asia untenable and force a disorganized, quick withdrawal by securing key strategic areas. This would leave a geopolitical vacuum China could fill, and once enough power was amassed, Beijing could move into the offensive.

In this timeline, we see a far more aggressive and militaristic China, one that truly exploits its vast resources and manpower. The Sino-Soviet Split happens sooner and with far more force, as China orchestrates a variety of Maoist movements, coups and revolutions across East Asia. By the '60s, South Korea, Indochina and Thailand fall to Beijing's influence, and the former two are downright annexed by 1968 without much conflict. By the '70s and following Mao's death, China somehow cools down, but nevertheless continues down a path of militarism and centralized power. As the Vietnam War never happens, Lyndon Johnson secures reelection in 1968, promising a stronger stance against China. Japan's militarization and a series of treaties with Taiwan spark discontent within Beijing, although the principle of Mutually Assured Destruction (China acquires nuclear capabilities much earlier, doing so in 1962) staves off a war. China still gets its way, however, after a Maoist guerrilla war in Thailand culminates into the country's annexation in 1971, and a coup in Japan that same year leads to a civil war (which in turn is a proxy conflict between the US and China).

President Hubert Humphrey receives extreme criticism for his ever-increasing escalation and is forced to forfeit, thus leading to a Chinese victory and Japan's annexation. After Humphrey loses the 1974 race to Richard Nixon, the Republican president promises a peaceful resolution to the China conflict and begins to slowly secure a series of treaties with China. However, they mostly include military reduction agreements and do not involve Beijing opening for business, although this leads to China becoming highly rural, with much of the state-supported industry instead going to military manufacture. The '70s are marked by this diplomatic cooldown, although it is short-lived. In 1979, Taiwan is invaded after China strengthens its claim to the "rogue province". Mainland China is still technically the official China, and since no country officially recognizes Taiwan, there is nothing the United States can do. The war is bloody and extremely polemic, but without ground troops from the US, Taiwan is overwhelmed and integrated by 1981.

The vast Chinese empire now covers more than 13 million square kilometers, reaching from the cold steppes of Mongolia to the thick rainforests of Thailand. Such a mighty agglomeration deserved reform: in 1982, the People's Federation of Chinese Republics (PFCR), emulating the Soviet Union, is officially born, with each region of the empire being granted more autonomy in the form of individual republics under the ultimate authority of Beijing. The PFCR is the largest military power in terms of standing army size (8,000,000 personnel, plus 11,000,000 others in reserve) and third in terms of overall capabilities (behind the US and the USSR). Economically, it is the third largest economy, behind the US and the United Kingdom. Finally, in terms of HDI, China lags behind significantly, with a score just under the Soviet Union but above Peru.

Yeah, I don't know why. I cannot computer good.

Okay, I got it to work! The Pacific States of America, formerly part of the United States, founding member of the Pacific Rim Defense Organization (PRDO), and close ally of the Federal States of America.

Attachments

• PSA Final (1).png
    PSA Final (1).png
    116.7 KB · Views: 361
Status
Not open for further replies.