Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

@Falkanner why is British Columbia shown separate to the rest of BNA?

My idea was that British Columbia was administered separately at that time, since it was so far away from the east coast and separated by the Rocky Mountains. OTL British Columbia was also a bit delayed in joining the Canadian Confederation, but only for a few years.

VT45

Banned
What time does the competition end tomorrow? I’ll still be working on my entry but I don’t know when it’ll end.

I don't like that the time range ends at 1783 instead of 1789.

1783 is when the war ended, so my thought process was that for the Americans to lose, the POD would need to fall within that range. Did you have a scenario in mind that requires a POD between 1783 and 1789?

What time does the competition end tomorrow? I’ll still be working on my entry but I don’t know when it’ll end.

You can post your entry any time before I put up the new threads; it won't be any earlier than 7pm Eastern Time, and might be as late as tomorrow morning depending on what time I get home.

1783 is when the war ended, so my thought process was that for the Americans to lose, the POD would need to fall within that range. Did you have a scenario in mind that requires a POD between 1783 and 1789?
The peace treaty ending the war was signed in 1783, but the revolution arguably did not end until the constitution came into effect. The states had ample time to go their own way, thus undermining what they had achieved-and advancing British interests in the process-between the formal end of the war and the start of the Washington administration.

Congratulations to @Guildencrantz for winning MotF 176 with his map "British North America, June-July of 1876"! Thank you to all who participated in this experiment - given the number of quality entries, I think we may do more of this type of challenge in future rounds.

Also, still about a week left for the current round for anyone wishing to enter - so far we have maps on scales both large and small!

Congratulations to @Guildencrantz for winning MotF 176 with his map "British North America, June-July of 1876"! Thank you to all who participated in this experiment - given the number of quality entries, I think we may do more of this type of challenge in future rounds.

Also, still about a week left for the current round for anyone wishing to enter - so far we have maps on scales both large and small!

Lies Agreed Upon - A map set in a world where Napoleon wins the Napoleonic Wars (POD 1802 - 1812)
Happily Never After - Make a map depicting the victory of the antagonist in a piece of fictional media
Little Mosque on the Prairie - depict a majority Muslim state in the Western Hemisphere

And...
Pleasure doing Business
Design a luxury setting or the impact of the luxury setting (Think Westworld, a Norway-sized Disneyland, The Island from The Most Dangerous Game, Jurassic Park, etc.)

OK, MotF 178 did not go up on the 3rd as originally intended, but it is up now! As is the voting thread for MotF 177:

MotF 177: Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us - Voting Thread
MotF 178: Why They Changed It I Can't Say - Entries Thread

I nominate this to be our next contest.

With the post-1945 restriction, I think this would be better as one of the specific rounds. I'm planning to have MotF 179 be one of them, so I will put it up as an option then.

Lies Agreed Upon - A map set in a world where Napoleon wins the Napoleonic Wars (POD 1802 - 1812)
Happily Never After - Make a map depicting the victory of the antagonist in a piece of fictional media
Little Mosque on the Prairie - depict a majority Muslim state in the Western Hemisphere

I like all of these, though again the first is probably best as a specific round. Not so sure about Pleasure Doing Business - I feel like the "luxury setting" is kind of hard to quantify. Should Monaco or Dubai count?

OK, MotF 178 did not go up on the 3rd as originally intended, but it is up now! As is the voting thread for MotF 177:

MotF 177: Ain't Big Enough for the Two of Us - Voting Thread
MotF 178: Why They Changed It I Can't Say - Entries Thread

With the post-1945 restriction, I think this would be better as one of the specific rounds. I'm planning to have MotF 179 be one of them, so I will put it up as an option then.

I like all of these, though again the first is probably best as a specific round. Not so sure about Pleasure Doing Business - I feel like the "luxury setting" is kind of hard to quantify. Should Monaco or Dubai count?

Eh sure why not?