Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
WIP
current_3.png

"Fuck Africa"

#AnotherWIPwithDissatisfaction

What do you think? Should I change it? Would it be ok if I just took the OTL colonial borders, since the POD isn't that far away, or should I change it drastically?
Africa gets colonized but this is pretty much post-colonialism borders here.
It's...it's so beautiful. I'm not crying, you're crying!

large_blank_north_america_template_by_mdc01957-d4ietdt.png

This is my first attempt at making any sort of AH map. It's a silly thought experiment about Manifest Destiny carried out to its full extent. Plus, Jefferson's plan for the states east of the Mississippi. EDIT: I know Newfoundland and Labrador are switched, whoops

Last edited:
I see they avoided the German land, presumably to avoid anthrax?

By the time the Soviet counter-offensive stalled due to a lack of supplies (no Lend-Lease), food and high casualties, the Red Army had reached just the pre-war border and occupied a large chunk of the eastern Balkans due to the collapse of pro-Axis regimes there. So just before the British launched their big anthrax attack, they were kind enough to inform them that they'd better stay where they were.

By the time the Soviet counter-offensive stalled due to a lack of supplies (no Lend-Lease), food and high casualties, the Red Army had reached just the pre-war border and occupied a large chunk of the eastern Balkans due to the collapse of pro-Axis regimes there. So just before the British launched their big anthrax attack, they were kind enough to inform them that they'd better stay where they were.
So what was the reason for the extended war? Did the US remain isolationist?

View attachment 353621

This is my first attempt at making any sort of AH map. It's a silly thought experiment about Manifest Destiny carried out to its full extent. Plus, Jefferson's plan for the states east of the Mississippi. EDIT: I know Newfoundland and Labrador are switched, whoops

Very nice map. I love dat colour scheme.

Now I apoligize for the following nitpicks...

As a British Columbian, I feel obligated to point out that the Columbia river is barely in North Columbia.
May I suggest New Caledonia?

Also the Kootenay region is in southern BC, so the Kootenay state is oddly named.

As well, your border for Dakotaactually fits the old Selkirk colony, aka, Assiniboine.
Also should note that your actual Assiniboine state doesnt include its name sake river, or if it does, it barely does.
The river is mostly in your Dakota and Shoshone.

I actually think it would make more sense for your Assiniboia to be named Saskatchewan, since the river mostly runs through that state.

Also, why not call Moose Ottawa?

So what was the reason for the extended war? Did the US remain isolationist?

A series of weak presidents kept the US pre-occupied with internal issues during most of the war. Not Second Civil War-level bad, but something more along the lines of A World of Laughter, a World of Tears in the 40s. The Germans also did somewhat better, managing to take Moscow, but not without heavy casualties and it wasn't enough to knock the Soviets out.

I see the "Soviet" is dropped from TTL's USSR, my good guess is that they dropped the communism nonsense and opted for something more "pragmatic".

Yes, most of the hardline Stalinists either died or where sidelined after the war. Plus he USSR suffered some 45+ million casualties and even worse infrastructure damage than OTL, so they had to relly on massive Western aid to get back on their feet. That made them both "friendlier" (for the lack of a better word) towards the West and led them to adopt a more decentralised, social-democratic model of government.

Yes, most of the hardline Stalinists either died or where sidelined after the war. Plus he USSR suffered some 45+ million casualties and even worse infrastructure damage than OTL, so they had to relly on massive Western aid to get back on their feet. That made them both "friendlier" (for the lack of a better word) towards the West and led them to adopt a more decentralised, social-democratic model of government.
Funny thing, I have this idea about the USSR burying the hatchet with the West too, though it's only after WWII with Stalin dying before the conflict ends (which serves as the POD), of which leads to a stronger UN of which leads to a "world" government of sorts.

Did Jefferson seriously want that?

Oh my God, thank god that man didn't get everything he wanted.

WIP
current_3.png

"Fuck Africa"

#AnotherWIPwithDissatisfaction

What do you think? Should I change it? Would it be ok if I just took the OTL colonial borders, since the POD isn't that far away, or should I change it drastically?
Africa gets colonized but this is pretty much post-colonialism borders here.

I love what you did with India, Valdore

Status
Not open for further replies.