Alternate Electoral Maps II

Status
Not open for further replies.
My magnum opus: A county map for Bill Clinton vs Pat Buchanan in 1996 with shading. Perot still runs and does pretty much the same as he did IOTL in '96.

fpl1a3M.jpg

[so there was a second constitutional convention? How did the nation not go into near civil war with such a radical change

QUOTE="MoralisticCommunist, post: 15595652, member: 90266"]Thanks for the support! And that was my plan too, as right now I still have yet to think up the party systems of most of the unfinished states so it's going to be impossible for me start working on the national legislature until I'm done most of the states.

Well this series doesn't really have any formalized timeline, and the best timeline I have is my personal collection of notes on compiled from all the different states. But the general idea of this world is that US is more expansionist and the rest of the world is more multipolar with various power blocs such as the European Union, the East Asian Prosperity Sphere, the Arab League, etc. Also the most important and relevant historic event to know about this timeline is the Conservative Revolution of 1972, when conservatives all across America united together as one to take down the incumbent National Union party and subsequently transformed America into a more parliamentary democracy with proportional representation and a heavy emphasis on multiparty politics.[/QUOTE]
S

[so there was a second constitutional convention? How did the nation not go into near civil war with such a radical change

QUOTE="MoralisticCommunist, post: 15595652, member: 90266"]Thanks for the support! And that was my plan too, as right now I still have yet to think up the party systems of most of the unfinished states so it's going to be impossible for me start working on the national legislature until I'm done most of the states.

Well this series doesn't really have any formalized timeline, and the best timeline I have is my personal collection of notes on compiled from all the different states. But the general idea of this world is that US is more expansionist and the rest of the world is more multipolar with various power blocs such as the European Union, the East Asian Prosperity Sphere, the Arab League, etc. Also the most important and relevant historic event to know about this timeline is the Conservative Revolution of 1972, when conservatives all across America united together as one to take down the incumbent National Union party and subsequently transformed America into a more parliamentary democracy with proportional representation and a heavy emphasis on multiparty politics.
S[/QUOTE]

While de jure there was never a second constitutional convention called, de facto the first few years of the Conservative party's rule did act like a constitutional convention as mass defections gave the party super majorities in both Congress and many state legislatures. As the conservative party itself was created solely as a vehicle to unite the various anti-National Union forces, the party coordinated ahead of time on which amendments they wanted to pass and agreed to pass all them once they got into power, leading to the Constitution doubling its number of amendments in just a year.

And on that point about "near civil war," well the country nearly did have one in many Northeastern cities during the General Strike of 1973 which protested the Conservative repeal of the Civil Rights Act, however in most cities these strikes died down after only a few weeks as the Conservatives refused to budge and even the longest strike which occurred in Washington D.C. itself eventually came to an end in late August due to the terrorist attack on Grantsville, Santo Domingo. Also the impeachment of President Nixon in 1974 after he was found guilty of corruption let off some steam and allowed the Conservatives to stay in power until the 1980s.

Repealing the civil rights act ... jez I'm your time line is a lot darker then I though

While de jure there was never a second constitutional convention called, de facto the first few years of the Conservative party's rule did act like a constitutional convention as mass defections gave the party super majorities in both Congress and many state legislatures. As the conservative party itself was created solely as a vehicle to unite the various anti-National Union forces, the party coordinated ahead of time on which amendments they wanted to pass and agreed to pass all them once they got into power, leading to the Constitution doubling its number of amendments in just a year.

And on that point about "near civil war," well the country nearly did have one in many Northeastern cities during the General Strike of 1973 which protested the Conservative repeal of the Civil Rights Act, however in most cities these strikes died down after only a few weeks as the Conservatives refused to budge and even the longest strike which occurred in Washington D.C. itself eventually came to an end in late August due to the terrorist attack on Grantsville, Santo Domingo. Also the impeachment of President Nixon in 1974 after he was found guilty of corruption let off some steam and allowed the Conservatives to stay in power until the 1980s.[/QUOTE]

IMG_8606.jpg
2022 Flordia Senate Race
D Val Demmings 53.2%
R Marco Rubio 48.1%
The great Democratic senate wave of 2022 finally sweeped most of of the 2010-2014 anti obama republicans senators out of office. President Warren reminded extraordinary popular for a modern president 2 years into her term with nearly 56% approval rating and used that popularity by directly campaigning for senators in Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.

View attachment 342883 2022 Flordia Senate Race
D Val Demmings 53.2%
R Marco Rubio 48.1%
The great Democratic senate wave of 2022 finally sweeped most of of the 2010-2014 anti obama republicans senators out of office. President Warren reminded extraordinary popular for a modern president 2 years into her term with nearly 56% approval rating and used that popularity by directly campaigning for senators in Florida, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
NO

HOW DARE YOU TAKE OUT LIL MARCO

jk :)

2016 Election Night
Welcome to the 2016 Election Night in America! Now, polls are closed and we going to see results in New England States of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

Vermont
upload_2017-9-7_20-15-40.png

Republican (Bernie Sanders re-elected as MP) - 53.3%
Federalist - 29.2%
Whig - 17.5%
R hold

New Hampshire
upload_2017-9-7_20-25-31.png

NH-01
Federalist (Chris Sununu elected as MP) - 52.1%
Republican - 20.1%
Whig - 13.8%

Democratic-Republican - 11.5%
Democratic - 5.1%

F hold

NH-02
Republican (Maggie Hasan elected as MP) - 47.3%
Federalist - 40.5%
Democratic-Republican - 12.2%

R gain from F

Maine
upload_2017-9-7_20-38-21.png

ME-01
Federalist (Susan Collins re-elected as MP) - 52.2%
Republican - 40.8%
Whig - 7.0%

F hold

ME-02
Whig (Mark LaRouche elected as MP) - 35.2%
Republican - 34.6%
Federalist - 15.2%
Democratic-Republican - 15.0%

W gain from R

Current seat count
Republican 2
Federalist 2
Whig 1

2016 Election Night
Welcome to the 2016 Election Night in America! Now, polls are closed and we going to see results in New England States of Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

Vermont
View attachment 342918

Republican (Bernie Sanders re-elected as MP) - 53.3%
Federalist - 29.2%
Whig - 17.5%
R hold

New Hampshire
View attachment 342920
NH-01
Federalist (Chris Sununu elected as MP) - 52.1%
Republican - 20.1%
Whig - 13.8%

Democratic-Republican - 11.5%
Democratic - 5.1%

F hold

NH-02
Republican (Maggie Hasan elected as MP) - 47.3%
Federalist - 40.5%
Democratic-Republican - 12.2%
R gain from F

Maine
View attachment 342922
ME-01
Federalist (Susan Collins re-elected as MP) - 52.2%
Republican - 40.8%
Whig - 7.0%

F hold

ME-02
Whig (Mark LaRouche elected as MP) - 35.2%
Republican - 34.6%
Federalist - 15.2%
Democratic-Republican - 15.0%
W gain from R

Current seat count
Republican 2
Federalist 2
Whig 1
What are the ideologies of these parties?

What are the ideologies of these parties?
Federalists are center-right big government moderate conservatives, with more liberal, more statist and more conservative factions. Examples of politicians: Susan Collins
Democratic-Republicans are usually defined as center-left, but they ideas are libertarian and/or classical liberal, with more left-leaning social liberal faction. Examples of politicians: Rand Paul
Republicans are social liberal & center-left party. Examples of politicians: Bernie Sanders
Whigs are centrist and moderately pro-big government party. Examples of politicians: Joe Manchin
Democrats are (moderately) small government conservative populists. Examples of politicians: Jeff Sessions

Federalists are center-right big government moderate conservatives, with more liberal, more statist and more conservative factions. Examples of politicians: Susan Collins
Democratic-Republicans are usually defined as center-left, but they ideas are libertarian and/or classical liberal, with more left-leaning social liberal faction. Examples of politicians: Rand Paul
Republicans are social liberal & center-left party. Examples of politicians: Bernie Sanders
Whigs are centrist and moderately pro-big government party. Examples of politicians: Joe Manchin
Democrats are (moderately) small government conservative populists. Examples of politicians: Jeff Sessions
ok thanks!

Quick tech question ? When using a site like mapchat.com what's the best formate to save or convert a image file into something I can post on here it always coming up as unreadable or to large I need help

Quick tech question ? When using a site like mapchat.com what's the best formate to save or convert a image file into something I can post on here it always coming up as unreadable or to large I need help
Upload it to Imgur and attach it or decrease the size of the image.

upload_2017-9-8_10-9-59.png

Based upon Westminster voting intention from Survation, 02/09/2017 and the Scottish voting intention from Yougov, 01/08/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.