Why the Chinese play cricket (The Pax Imperialis)

1942c Transpacific Chinese Theatre
~July to September 1942 (Transpacific War, China Theatre): Let's get this ball rolling again

July 1942: Unable to penetrate the Gaige defences around Chongqing, the Yao launch an two pronged offensive in Guangxi province aimed at taking the vital rail junction Guiyang. The capture of Guiyang will cut the rail link from Kunming to Chongqing. The Yao troops, weakened to provide cadres for the new divisions being formed and with their morale damaged by the war crimes trials perform poorly, unable to make headway against the Gaige and CW defenders.

August 1942: With the Yao unable to advance in Guangxi, 10 newly formed Japanese divisions are sent to reinforce the offensive. However by now the Gaige divisions raised in late 1941 are beginning to enter combat.

August 1942: The deployment of the fresh Japanese troops finally allows the Guangxi offensive to begin to gain ground. However the advance is slow in the face of determined Gaige resistance.

September 1942: Zhenyuan falls to the advancing Japanese forces. By now the Yao have been relegated to supporting the Japanese thrust.

Last edited:
Yes that is a point, I'll rethink it.

I'm not saying CW would be able to continue an offensive - but so long as they can supply basics to the troops on Timor they should be able to maintain a perimeter. Some troop drawdowns might be necessary but not sure a Dunkirk style evacuation would be required unless PA is able to counter attack. And it sounded like they were short of men to do so.

August 1942: With the Yao unable to advance in Guangxi, 10 newly formed Japanese divisions are sent to reinforce the offensive. However by now the Gaige divisions raised in late 1942 are beginning to enter combat.
This seems like a mistype. Did you mean 1941 or 1940 as the year the Gaige divisions were raised?

I'm not saying CW would be able to continue an offensive - but so long as they can supply basics to the troops on Timor they should be able to maintain a perimeter. Some troop drawdowns might be necessary but not sure a Dunkirk style evacuation would be required unless PA is able to counter attack. And it sounded like they were short of men to do so.

How does this sound?

September 1942: With the supply lines now cut, the CW forces on Timor are forced on to the defensive. CW engineers begin the urgent construction of airbases to provide aircover to supply convoys.

Actually added this too

September 1942: With naval superiority around Timor now secured, the PA begins reinforcing their troops for a counteroffensive to retake the island.

I can't remember if this has been commented on yet, but what is the status of Wunderwaffe? At this point in the war in OTL you had a lot of different ideas being pushed by governments on both sides, that they hoped could end the war. I imagines France is probably experimenting with weapons like the Railway Gun now. The British now Common Wealth, were in OTL the closest to developing Nuclear Weapons. The Americans were close, but my understanding was that their current line of development, prior to the swap of British data, was set to hit a dead end.

Japan had plans for Mega Subs and while I'm not sure they would do so ITTL, they did invest heavily in Biological warfare. The War across the world has been raging for years now, I can imagine governments are starting to get desperate for wins.

I can't remember if this has been commented on yet, but what is the status of Wunderwaffe? At this point in the war in OTL you had a lot of different ideas being pushed by governments on both sides, that they hoped could end the war. I imagines France is probably experimenting with weapons like the Railway Gun now. The British now Common Wealth, were in OTL the closest to developing Nuclear Weapons. The Americans were close, but my understanding was that their current line of development, prior to the swap of British data, was set to hit a dead end.

Japan had plans for Mega Subs and while I'm not sure they would do so ITTL, they did invest heavily in Biological warfare. The War across the world has been raging for years now, I can imagine governments are starting to get desperate for wins.
In this timeline the USA think nukes are impossible at the moment and Japan pre-war was ruled by a far more sane and less militarised government.

As for Britain it is now the Imperial Commonwealth, it will likely have nukes earlier than OTL and France is more trying keep up its production of modern weapons than trying to create new super weapons, a lot of material in the European War is WW1 era.

Last edited:
1942c Transpacific East Indies Theatre
~July to September 1942 (Transpacific War, East Indies Theatre): This should never have happened

July 1942: With the disaster in Burma and Malaya 20 further divisions are deployed to Burma while another ten are dispatched to Northern Sumatra for an offensive to clear Burma when the monsoon breaks. The newly formed 45th (43rd Airborne and 92nd Airlanding Divisions) and 58th (Arab, 7th (Baluchistan), 192nd (Central India) Divisions) and 111st (49th (Jat) and 54th (New Zealand) Divisions) Assault Corps also begin training in India for amphibious operations in Sumatra and Malaya.

July 1942: The Pacific Alliance begins its assault on Singapore. While the US and Japanese troops are able to land on the island, they are quickly repulsed by a determined CW counter attack. Their second attack is likewise repulsed. However their third landing gains a solid foothold. Singapore finally falls after an intense six week battle, with the port and dockyards destroyed.

August 1942: The Pacific Alliance begins laying a dense series of minefields in the Straits of Malacca to prevent the transit of CW submarines.

September 1942: With Singapore now reduced, the Pacific Alliance launches Operation C, an attempt to force the CW Far Eastern Fleet to battle. Admiral Nobutake Kondō's Combined Fleet musters eight fleet carriers to Admiral James Cunningham's seven armoured fleet and two fast light carriers. The Battle of the Andaman Islands sees the CW fleet carrier Indefatigable and the Centaur class light carrier Arrogant sunk for the Soryu and Wasp, while the Invincible, Zuikaku and Abraham Lincoln are crippled. However another three of Cunningham's armoured carriers, while still operational during the battle will require at least six months of repairs. Regardless, Kondō is forced to retire, leaving Cunningham victorious.

September 1942: The CW Far Eastern Fleet, still with three armoured fleet carriers and three fast Centaur class light carriers, launches a major raid striking targets in Sumatra and Java. Pacific Alliance aircraft suffer heavy loses trying to interfere with the raid.

In this timeline the USA think nukes are impossible at the moment and Japan pre-war was ruled by a far more sane and less militarised government.

As for Britain it is now the Imperial Commonwealth, it will likely have nukes earlier than OTL and France is more trying keep up its production of modern weapons than trying to create new super weapons, a lot of material in the European War is WW1 era.

Nobody's really started working on superweapons yet. The CW is working on nukes as is the US (though not to the same extent). Both the PA and CW are working on super bombers. But so far "regular" weapons are doing the job. This is probably influenced by the widespread use of chemical weapons.

1942c Transpacific Latin American Theatre
~July to September 1942 (Transpacific War, Latin American Theatre): That damn ditch

July 1942: The CW inform the French their American possessions will be occupied unless the flow of information to the US halts. Desperate for oil, the French refuse.

August 1942: Three CW carriers and four battleships under Admiral Lancelot Holland transit the newly repaired Panama Canal to conduct a raid on the US west coast. While the raid inflicts relatively little damage, though San Diego and important oil facilities in California are hit, public opinion forces the US to divert resources to defend against a repeat. In response, the US steps up bombing attacks on the canal. However the combination of extreme range and heavy CW defences render the attacks ineffective.

September 1942: With the French having failed to cease supplying the US with intelligence, the CW execute Operation Willow occupying the French possessions in the Americas. Only French Guiana is any resistance offered and this resistance is quickly overcome. The operation leads to a diplomatic crisis between the CW and France, with widespread calls for war in France. However the Petàin regime ultimately restricts their response to diplomatic protests, satisfied with a guarantee the possessions will be returned at the end of hostilities.

My apologies for the long delay in updating. My life has been complex. However the break has allowed me to revist the timeline and make some minor additions and
rethink the western Canadian campaign. I may add some more later.

February 1871: Tsar Alexander II of Russia gifts the Zoological Society of London with three breeding pairs of wild Tarpans.

March 1942: With the US bombing campaign in British Colombia continuing, the CW abandons its own bombing campaign in Oregon and Washington in order to preserve
aviation fuel for their fighters.

More additions. There may be more to come, I'm reviewing the entire timeline to see where things can be improved (any suggestions will be gladly accepted)

Feburary 1931: US scientist Robert Goddard develops and demonstrates the first practical pulse jet engine.

October 1941: With bomber losses to CW fighters continuing to mount, the USAF calls for the design of an airlaunched cruise missile to allow stand off attacks.

June 1942: The USAF accepts proposals from Northrop and Republic for the development of an airlaunched cruise missile. The Northrop JB-1 Bat will be a turbojet powered flying wing, while the more conventional Republic JB-2 Loon is intended to be powered by a improved development of Robert Goddards 1931 pulsejet engine.

Last edited:
Would CW it be possible for the CW to gain access to StG 44? I mean they already seem to gain access to German tanks so it should not be to crazy, right?

At the moment nobody's working on an intermediate cartridge. At the moment the Germans are receiving massive amounts of equipment "lend lease" from the CW so they have a strong disincentive to change calibres.