Why the Chinese play cricket (The Pax Imperialis)

Thanks @Miss Construction . Honestly I don't think I've sung enough praise for this TL. I know you want to reboot it because you think you can do things better, but I just want you to know that I will always hold this TL dear. Really well done, fantastic stuff and I can't wait to see what you do next. :)

Thanks @Miss Construction . Honestly I don't think I've sung enough praise for this TL. I know you want to reboot it because you think you can do things better, but I just want you to know that I will always hold this TL dear. Really well done, fantastic stuff and I can't wait to see what you do next. :)

Thank you, it's also one of my favourites. I did seriously consider just resuming work on it. But South America was too screwed up in a britwank and there were other flaws so I rebooted it. I am reworking it in the background for my RPG setting though.

Thank you, it's also one of my favourites. I did seriously consider just resuming work on it. But South America was too screwed up in a britwank and there were other flaws so I rebooted it. I am reworking it in the background for my RPG setting though.
Given that the Argentinians are said to be Italians, living in South America, speaking Spanish but devoutly wishing to be English, not sure the problem is yours!

How can fiction compete with say the bizarre history of Paraguay . No one would believe it if t had not happened?

For truly bizarre few can go passed the Brazilians. Probably the most progressive liberal democracy in the world run by an Emperor who enacted some of the most enlightened reforms of the 19th century, overthrown by a massively unsupported republican military coup which only survived because the the emperor said "no no don't oppose it" which then plunged the country into the worst depth of military juntaism.

For truly bizarre few can go passed the Brazilians. Probably the most progressive liberal democracy in the world run by an Emperor who enacted some of the most enlightened reforms of the 19th century, overthrown by a massively unsupported republican military coup which only survived because the the emperor said "no no don't oppose it" which then plunged the country into the worst depth of military juntaism.
An Emperor who really, really didn't care for his job, and just wanted to spend his time in peace.

VERY BELATED POST
At the risk of thread necromancy. This version of the TL has been abandoned. While I think it is not too bad, certainly nowhere near as bad as my first two attempts, it did have some some serious issues which could not be fixed without a total reboot.

The latest iteration can be found here
Iteration Four

Last edited:
You're the OP, you can restart your thread at any time so long you're adding something and in this case you're pointing towards the newly updated version of this work so it should be fine really

You're the OP, you can restart your thread at any time so long you're adding something and in this case you're pointing towards the newly updated version of this work so it should be fine really

LOL people keep liking posts in the first three iterations, which in the case of the first two I think are utter crap. I just want to point them at what I think is a FAR superior version.