Why the Chinese play cricket (The Pax Imperialis)

Interesting situation you have developed with the USA - Canada war.

When it started - or rather when you started writing it - it was obvious that it would be a hard campaign but the USA would ultimately win

Now the story has taken over and is developing into looking like a race between CW build up and USA Build up resulting in a WW1 style front - with a side order of will US Public opinion starting to slide towards the 'why are we doing this again?' camp, if not for the heavy casaulties and fighting happening on US Soil but also the erosion of established and historical freedoms with the inclusion of checkpoints and IDs etc - which may result in serious pressure on the USA Government to end the war (with a Status quo ante bellum style peace).

Well done ;)

Lol once again an example of the timeline refusing to go where I wanted it to.

But this war will be hard. The CW never really experienced the horrors of trench warfare. They also will be under huge pressure as the body count starts to climb.

Pangur

Donor
Lol once again an example of the timeline refusing to go where I wanted it to.

But this war will be hard. The CW never really experienced the horrors of trench warfare. They also will be under huge pressure as the body count starts to climb.
That's a sign of a good timeline I think. Its starts of and the logic (for the want of a better word) of decision A may not kick for a time but it does it changes the direction and a good writer lets the logic win

That's a sign of a good timeline I think. Its starts of and the logic (for the want of a better word) of decision A may not kick for a time but it does it changes the direction and a good writer lets the logic win

I like the way this timeline is growing organically. It bares absolutely no resemblance to what I originally intended.

Now I am really curious, when did it start to diverge from what you had intended?

I noticed it when I was writing the early 20s when I realised I couldn't get a war between the CW and Japan without bring the US in the Japanese side. But the timeline diverged when the US entered the 1GW. Once the foundations for the PA were laid there was no way it could go where I'd planned.

Pangur

Donor
I noticed it when I was writing the early 20s when I realised I couldn't get a war between the CW and Japan without bring the US in the Japanese side. But the timeline diverged when the US entered the 1GW. Once the foundations for the PA were laid there was no way it could go where I'd planned.
Thanks. Once you had the US in the 1GW early, the CW staying out and the CW embrace, well accept the changes that you did then we were well and truly of in to new places.

Cunningham?
Cunningham was much better as a fleet commander than in any staff position - his autobiography devoted very little space to his spell as First Sea Lord. He was a rat-catcher, not an administrator.

If there's to be a British/CW leader, then Dill might be a good choice. He had a gift for getting people to be able to function together, though they'll be different ones in this TL.

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/field-marshal-sir-john-dill-and-gen-george-c-marshall/

Cunningham was much better as a fleet commander than in any staff position - his autobiography devoted very little space to his spell as First Sea Lord. He was a rat-catcher, not an administrator.

If there's to be a British/CW leader, then Dill might be a good choice. He had a gift for getting people to be able to function together, though they'll be different ones in this TL.

https://www.defensemedianetwork.com/stories/field-marshal-sir-john-dill-and-gen-george-c-marshall/

Dill as CinC with Ramsay in charge of naval affairs

Tovey or Harwood for the Carribbean then?

This the 42 CW deployment

Atlantic (British Isles) - Bertram Ramsay
6 x Revenge BB
6 x Queen Elizabeth BB
4 x Erin BB
2 x Merlin CV
2 x Saint CVL
2 x Activity CVE
5 x Vindex CVE
8 x Ameer CVE
5 x Attacker CVE

Eastern Approaches (Gibraltar) - Max Horton