Weekly Flag Challenge: New Challenges & Previous Winners

FLAG CHALLENGE #291 REDUX: “Red Team, Blue Team”

Design two flags belonging to alternate timeline nations or organisations that are in some way rivals during a certain time period. One of the flags must contain red and must not contain blue. The other must contain blue and must not contain red. No other restrictions of any sort apply outside of the usual contest rules. Go wild!

Please remember to review the contest rules, especially concerning flag size: for each image in a multiple-flag entry, the shortest side must be 400 pixels or less, and the longest side must be 600 pixels or less.

Submissions Open: Now
Submissions Close: Saturday, 15th of September, 11:00 GMT+2 (barring extensions) Saturday, 23rd of September, 9:00 AM GMT+2

Last edited:
By default, the winner is @sandpro !
The people of Oz had experienced great prosperity in the decades following Dorothy's triumphant trek to the Emerald City. The League of Yellow Brick Road Maintenance Workers (LYBRMW) and the Lollipop Guild both felt that they were at the root of this great success.
The LYBRMW believed that their many hours of toil building and maintaining the fabled Yellow Brick Road were the primary reason that Dorothy was able to complete her journey.
The Lollipop Guild felt that Dorothy would never have even begun her journey if they had not offered their sage and infamous advice on the fateful day that Dorothy's house landed in their midst.
Both sides have lived in relative harmony however, several minor disagreements have broken out forcing Glinda the Good Witch of the North to mediate settlements between the two sides. Because of the rivalry members of the Lollipop Guild rarely travel the yellow brick road, opting instead to travel the more circuitous route of the red brick road, when traveling to the Emerald City. Likewise, members of the LYBRMW rarely venture to Munchkin-land out of spite and, consequently, the yellow brick road has fallen into great disrepair in this region.

The League of Yellow Brick Road Maintenance Workers Flag:
Emerald Field represents the Emerald City where the yellow brick road terminates and where the League headquarters are located.
Yellow wavy line represents the yellow brick road.
Red wavy line represents the ruby slippers that Dorothy wore on her journey to the Emerald City.

The Lollipop Guild Flag:
Lollipops, enough said.

View attachment 857177

View attachment 857178

FLAG CHALLENGE #292: "Fairy Tales”

For the life of me I cannot think of a contest subject so I figure I will just expand on my "winning" entry. LOL

Entry deadline is Monday, October 2.

Create a flag that represents a nation, organization, city, kingdom, etc. from a fairy tale of your choosing

Please remember to review the contest rules, especially concerning flag size: for each image in a multiple-flag entry, the shortest side must be 400 pixels or less, and the longest side must be 600 pixels or less.

Last edited:
Looks like there is no interest in the contest at present so I am going to forfeit my week to the board mids to determine a way forward. Hopefully we can get this jump started again soon.