I predict a temporary complete annexation by the Spanish, and a later resurgence in the late 18th century. Go go Tawantinsuyu!!

While the guns are silent...
2017_08_31_035030.png

Just wondering but do you have Native American Ancestry, cause you very well informed on the culture their
Unfortunately no, I am a Germanic with an admixture of Slavs, Jews and Gypsies, but since childhood I have been interested in Andean culture and spirituality, listen and play their music, studied Quechua a little. And I often dream about Incas when I'm asleep and awake...

Unfortunately no, I am a Germanic with an admixture of Slavs, Jews and Gypsies, but since childhood I have been interested in Andean culture and spirituality, listen and play their music, studied Quechua a little. And I often dream about Incas when I'm asleep and awake...

For me it's a mix between English and South Slavic. Though the closest I ever came to learning Andean culture was a Magical Girl themed around said culture and beliefs, this was in my high school phase if your wondering.
Though if you have any ideas, I wouldn't mind starting up a new conversation around this.

For me it's a mix between English and South Slavic. Though the closest I ever came to learning Andean culture was a Magical Girl themed around said culture and beliefs, this was in my high school phase if your wondering.
I was familiar with several students from Peru and Bolivia, we were friends, talked about a variety of things. They performed on the street, and some time I even played along with them on the guitar.

Though if you have any ideas, I wouldn't mind starting up a new conversation around this.
I'm just for, I even have an interesting movie project on alternative reality - recreating Tawantinsuyu right now, in the modern world.

Sometimes, I find it embarrassing how so many people from different backgrounds are so invested in our Native Cultures, while we in our very own country range from mostly ignorant of it, dismissive or even outright hateful of it (to the point some Native parents are ashamed of teaching their children Quechua, even going as far as applying corporeal punishments if they start using the language...)

Sometimes, I find it embarrassing how so many people from different backgrounds are so invested in our Native Cultures, while we in our very own country range from mostly ignorant of it, dismissive or even outright hateful of it (to the point some Native parents are ashamed of teaching their children Quechua, even going as far as applying corporeal punishments if they start using the language...)

Ah, lingering bigotry from the colonial era.

Ah, lingering bigotry from the colonial era.
The most disgraceful thing is that in the colonial era, AT LEAST the Catholic authorities sought to teach them in their own language... After we entered the Republican period, we got so hung up on the idea of "the nation" we wanted to homogenize our culture and language, which lead to a crash attempt to teach them only in Spanish. It failed miserably and lead to the creation of an imporevished, illiterate underclass that was swiftly enserfed by landlords and warlords, who essentially feudalized post-independence Peru.

The one improvement we had comparing the colonial era to the independence era was that at least then we recognized the legal equality between the Native and the White man, and had them enfranchised from the very beggining of the Republic, only briefly ended during the period of the Aristocratic Republic, which saw tge rise of this neo-Feudal tendencies.

That said, starting from Velasco, we have started seeing a slow reversal of this trend of hating our indigenous past. It's slow. But getting there...

The most disgraceful thing is that in the colonial era, AT LEAST the Catholic authorities sought to teach them in their own language... After we entered the Republican period, we got so hung up on the idea of "the nation" we wanted to homogenize our culture and language, which lead to a crash attempt to teach them only in Spanish. It failed miserably and lead to the creation of an imporevished, illiterate underclass that was swiftly enserfed by landlords and warlords, who essentially feudalized post-independence Peru.

The one improvement we had comparing the colonial era to the independence era was that at least then we recognized the legal equality between the Native and the White man, and had them enfranchised from the very beggining of the Republic, only briefly ended during the period of the Aristocratic Republic, which saw tge rise of this neo-Feudal tendencies.

That said, starting from Velasco, we have started seeing a slow reversal of this trend of hating our indigenous past. It's slow. But getting there...

Well my home country is trying it's hardest to reconcile with the Native American communities and remove systemic racism. Which has been a uphill battle so far.

Well my home country is trying it's hardest to reconcile with the Native American communities and remove systemic racism. Which has been a uphill battle so far.
Canada? Man... If the Canadians are having such issues, no wonder the rest of América can barely get their shit together. It seems the only country truly successful in this endeavor was Paraguay.

The most disgraceful thing is that in the colonial era, AT LEAST the Catholic authorities sought to teach them in their own language... After we entered the Republican period, we got so hung up on the idea of "the nation" we wanted to homogenize our culture and language, which lead to a crash attempt to teach them only in Spanish.
Not certainly in that way. The decisive shock was struck after the defeat of Tupac Amaru II rebellion, still under the Spaniards. The native aristocracy was completely destroyed, and the Quechua language was banned.