The Great Crusade (Reds! Part 3)

Just wanna add to the chorus of "please don't cancel this" since this is the only TL i regularly followed besides Decisive Darkness(which is finished anyways) and managed to make a compelling vision of alternative world.It's Jello's prerogative if she wants to stop it,though.

Me too. This thread has been an epic tale of war. I want it to be seen to its conclusion.

I generally agree with the general mood here that this TL should absolutely continue to its logical conclusion... This is very much the only timeline that I am following on this site now. Of course, I've got dozens but this is the only one that I am particularly obsessed with.

Obviously, it's Jello's prerogative to stop this completely or probably take this somewhere else. But that would be sad if this is even brought out of another site. The largest audience for it where it could richly grow is here.

But let's give Jello some space to deal with the situation she got herself into right now.

I'm pretty late to this, but I just want to say that I hope Jello returns to the site to finish her timeline. I can understand why her kick would make her want to go Super Saiyan (indeed, a lot of us, including myself, blew our tops in the Hall Of Infamy over it) but her work is amazing despite some of my reservations and it would really kill my opinion of this site if it dies off because of a simple political argument.

I'm pretty late to this, but I just want to say that I hope Jello returns to the site to finish her timeline. I can understand why her kick would make her want to go Super Saiyan (indeed, a lot of us, including myself, blew our tops in the Hall Of Infamy over it) but her work is amazing despite some of my reservations and it would really kill my opinion of this site if it dies off because of a simple political argument.
I agree entirely. And It's a shame how many contributors have been banned because they've gotten Extremely Online about things. It's a curious phenomenon really, and one that I'm not entirely confident I'd never fall victim to. In all honestly, I actually try my hardest to ignore that Chat exists and just enjoy my alternate history.

yeah I know some of us have that "we must respond to these injustices somehow" attitude after what happened, but really I think it's better to try to continue this timeline without getting too hung up over site politics. Otherwise we're just putting it at even more risk.

HIATUS
So now that I'm back from my kick...

This has probably been a long-time coming, but I need to take a break from the TL for a while. The present situation in Chat was just the final catalyst for this. I'm not going to give an exact timeline, but you're not going to see any new updates in 2017. I'll still be available to answer questions in the thread from time-to-time, and I might pop into the fanfic thread occaissionally, but work on the TL is suspended until Q1 2018.

In the mean time, I'm going to be working on other projects, especially my long neglected novel.

Thanks for all your support in the meantime, it's meant a lot to me. But please don't get yourself kicked or banned on my behalf.

This has probably been a long-time coming, but I need to take a break from the TL for a while. The present situation in Chat was just the final catalyst for this. I'm not going to give an exact timeline, but you're not going to see any new updates in 2017. I'll still be available to answer questions in the thread from time-to-time, and I might pop into the fanfic thread occaissionally, but work on the TL is suspended until Q1 2018.

In the mean time, I'm going to be working on other projects, especially my long neglected novel.

Thanks for all your support in the meantime, it's meant a lot to me. But please don't get yourself kicked or banned on my behalf.
"We'll meet again, don't know where, don't know when, but I know we'll meet again, some sunny day."

Here's to you, Nicolette. As always, we'll be waiting for your return.

I suppose I can help make the content drought a little less painful as best as I can.

I understand. Sometimes we just get burnt out and have to stay away from something for a while. I'm still glad to hear you haven't decided to fully abandon this.

Good luck on your other projects :)

And try to avoid getting into heater arguments on the internet again. It never ends well.

If you don't mind me asking, what sort of novel is this?
An espionage thriller in a space opera setting.

There is a very old version of the prologue and first chapter in the alt histor writers forum here. Very little of it is in the current draft but the style and tone will be similar

An espionage thriller in a space opera setting.

There is a very old version of the prologue and first chapter in the alt histor writers forum here. Very little of it is in the current draft but the style and tone will be similar
I read that old version a while ago. I enjoyed it.

Where can we find your writing in the meantime?

SpookyBoy

Banned
Kind of off-topic bump but I just wanted to say how much this version of L'Internationale unintentionally captures the feel of this timeline:

So, does the UASR still have J. Lawton Collins and Jacob Devers? Here's hoping to God that they still aren't packing that absolute fuckwit Courtney Hodges.

I hope Holland Smith and Roy Geiger are along for the Red Ride as well.

There's been something I've been wondering:

Throughout the story, the Western democracies of Europe often sold weapons to the fascists out of a blind reaction to communism. These fascists wound up using the weapons of the Western democracies against them.

Aside from this poisoning relations between the Alliance and Comintern, are there domestic political consequences that the leaders of these countries will face for ignoring the threat of fascism and actively helping the fascists destroy the communists?

There's been something I've been wondering:

Throughout the story, the Western democracies of Europe often sold weapons to the fascists out of a blind reaction to communism. These fascists wound up using the weapons of the Western democracies against them.

Aside from this poisoning relations between the Alliance and Comintern, are there domestic political consequences that the leaders of these countries will face for ignoring the threat of fascism and actively helping the fascists destroy the communists?

The implication I get is that a significant portion of the right gets discredited for siding with the fascists, leading to the post-war People's Alliance being distinctly centre-right/pragmatic right. On the other hand, it is also pretty clear that apart from a few scapegoats*, not very many people at all get punished for their role in the collaborationist regimes, so I don't think there will be an extensive house keeping of the western establishment post-1946.

teg

*And by that I mean the really obvious and egregious examples. I could see Mosley getting off with no punishment at all and Petain probably gets to live out the last years of his life in comfortable confinement. It will the Lavals and Lord Haw-Haws of this world who face prison ITTL and even they could end up being 'rehabilitated' as the Cold War worsens.