The question is which one is better?
likely OTL brutalizations without US voice of decolonization being throughly put on deaf ears due to Wallace's (perceived) betrayal.Interesting end in the Pacific- now we have the Wars in China, Dutch East Indies, Thailand, and lots of Islands to finish since most of them declared independence from their coloninal Masters post the surrender still occupied or not.
Will France and Holland brutalise their colonies like otl or might we see an alternative set of options?
USA has gotta stop supporting the Viet Minh as they're basically communists fighting their ally.
Uh oh. This implies Patton trying to work outside the system.
The US army is growing pissed at Wallace... Well at least the generals. At this pace, for 1948 they would in block support Republican and sway the veterans's vote.
And if the Americans won't stop to finance the Viet Minh now the French are back, they will lose the support of Paris for good - London was already lost and Rome was never in game to begin with.
My 2 cents to this:- the first arab-isrealian war: ITTL Italy will give Israel a lot of logistical and material support and the arab defeat will be also more decisive, probably earlier division between pro-european Israel and pro-URSS arab states
- Berlin crisis: this time without american airlift (maybe exchange Berlin with North Iran or Czech republic)
- Czechoslovackia coup, here probably secession crisis between prowest Czech republic and communist Slovackia
- Straits Crisis...ITTL will be the same, but probably without the americans as Stalin will try to test RA resolve, Anglo-French to give Italy support to stop communist incursio
- North Iran...se above
- Red China...ITTL Korea with probable war
- Sweden...Stalin will try to make her ITTL Finland and by now full of Finnish refugees, try to desperately forming a Nordic block with Denmark and Norway for both military and economic reason, try to get support from the great powers
- Communist pressure over Hungary and Romania to gain concession and try to test european resolve
- German military rebuild...probably sooner than OTL without NATO existence
- You for got the Suez Crisis. Sooner or later either Nasser or whoever strongman is in charge of Egypt will try to nationalize the Suez. Now the simple answer to that one would be that in TTL it'll result in a joint Anglo-French-Italian intervention deepening the Euro-US split. However by whatever time it happens, the U.S. might very well be in full anti-Wallaceism backlash mode and decide to back the British and the French to the hilt so as to not drive them into the RAs arms and mend fences.
France helps America gain freedom, America repays by helping guerrilla group fighting France.
Why not both? You can't screw one ally for another. You need the help of everyone who's not a communist if you're gonna regain your international standing.Well, the Americans (after Wallace) would have essentially two choices to cause a wedge between the Europeans in their favour:
- amend with the British but going decisively anti-Soviet;
- work with the French but respecting their imperialist choices.
Point is, there may be the possibility for an Italian-American gradual reconciliation? For sure, hardly with a Democratic President. But a Republican one has to be cautious as well.
Why not both? You can't screw one ally for another. You need the help of everyone who's not a communist if you're gonna regain your international standing.
I hope a future president does TTL version of Nixon going to China and shake Mussolini's hand.