The Empire Parnell Built

Germany: 2013 election
Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 07.30.10.png
Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 07.30.33.png

2000 assassinations in three months? Who was there left to kill be the end of it? Who were they targeting exactly?

2000 assassinations in three months? Who was there left to kill be the end of it? Who were they targeting exactly?
Politicians, police, anyone who crossed them, basically. (As with seemingly all of these things OTL, TTL's AA are slowly merging into a cartel.)
So, who are you thinking for the Russian Tsai Ing-Wen, I may ask?
I've got someone in mind for her role. That update will be coming next week. One of the things I've enjoyed most about researching this TL has been looking into which of the descendants of Russian emigres got into politics/NGO work...

I don't think I've ever seen a TL include tributary states as far forward as the early 2010s, so this is a really interesting concept! I like it

I don't think I've ever seen a TL include tributary states as far forward as the early 2010s, so this is a really interesting concept! I like it

In practice, they're basically puppet states in all but name.
I'd say they're more like OTL British Overseas Territories or US Territories filtered through a Qing Imperial lense. For most of the time the relationship isn't all that despotic; only in moments of crisis like this.

I'd say they're more like OTL British Overseas Territories or US Territories filtered through a Qing Imperial lense. For most of the time the relationship isn't all that despotic; only in moments of crisis like this.
Considering the scales involved, I'd say pre-1931 White Dominions would be another good equivalent to said tributaries.

How the heck did the UNP win so many seats? Do they have a very broad appeal?

The UNP seems like a SNP analogue on steroids.
Worth remembering that one of my major hand-wavy additions TTL is that both Dublin and Belfast have developed into Seoul-style megacities of over 10 million citizens each. So the population of Ulster is nearly half the entire country and if you can get 40-45% of the votes in that province (against three opponents all on 10-20% of the vote) then you can make out like gangbusters there

Worth remembering that one of my major hand-wavy additions TTL is that both Dublin and Belfast have developed into Seoul-style megacities of over 10 million citizens each. So the population of Ulster is nearly half the entire country and if you can get 40-45% of the votes in that province (against three opponents all on 10-20% of the vote) then you can make out like gangbusters there
What industries/corps are big in Ireland, then? I have to imagine this was driven by an intentional Park Chunghee style deliberate developmentalist scheme at some point, but what kind of Irish economy has developed to make this cities so big/successful?