The Empire Parnell Built

Has there been anything going on in the US that's led to this upsurge in white supremacy? For that matter, how are Hispanic Americans treated by society now that America is at war with Mexico and seemingly having lots of difficulty? Finally, given that this is the first war with another great power America's fought in a century ttl, how has the position of the US military changed because of this?

It burst out again in the early 1990s IOTL thanks to David Duke without any major "triggering" event, so perfectly reasonable for that to happen here even if unfortunate
On the growth/return of white supremacy in American politics, I'd say it has a bunch of causes. Firstly there's a lot of right wing disillusionment with the Republicans and the Individualists, the former of which are really a less statist version of an OTL Christian Democratic party by this point and the latter of whom are more committed to libertarian economics than social conservatism. Secondly, it's worth remembering that a major target of the upswing TTL is not just anti-black sentiment but anti-Catholicism and anti-immigration feeling, especially targeting the "ethnic whites" migrating from southern European countries ("Spain isn't sending us their best" etc). I'd also point out that the ingrained proportionality of TTL's federal electoral system means that there was always going to be an opening for this kind of fringe party once enough people worked out that they could do it.

On the position of the US military, they've basically not fought a conflict since the Phillippine Uprising and that definitely shows. A lot of the equipment is either out of date or vanity projects while the men and officers are inexperienced. Of course, the same can be said for the Mexican armies, which partially accounts for the enormous civilian and military death toll in the American theatre.

Ireland: 2005 election
Screenshot 2022-03-22 at 09.05.06.png

Getting close to modern day now. Are you planning to finish after the 2020s, like in The Anglo-Saxon Social Model?
I've got an ending of sorts planned for Germany which will probably be my last in this series. I'm also planning another, much more detailed and essay-like, TL so if that's ready to begin before then, then I'll probably cut this one short

I've got an ending of sorts planned for Germany which will probably be my last in this series. I'm also planning another, much more detailed and essay-like, TL so if that's ready to begin before then, then I'll probably cut this one short
Makes sense. It'll be interesting to see you try out new styles of writing.

Oooh good choice. I’d have thought Pierre-Karl Peladeau would be your option just to throw some additional Quebecois-flavored chaos in but Conrad Black fits then bill very well

What are Persia and Mashriq like politically and why didn't Tukh annex Georgia as there was a Georgian civilian killed by stray fire?

What are Persia and Mashriq like politically and why didn't Tukh annex Georgia as there was a Georgian civilian killed by stray fire?
Nuts, that should be the Armenian flag - not sure how I managed to mess that one up.

On Mashriq and Persia, Persia is an absolute monarchy and Mashriq is a kind of quasi-democratic oligarchy. Neither of them can get by as oil exporters in the same way as TTL so both have developing lower-middle income economies. Neither, frankly, is all that important geopolitically but the conflict here is included as an example of a proxy war the two largest empires are fighting.