The Empire Parnell Built

What are the ideological positions/policies of the Radical party?
It represents the bourgeois and intellectual left of British politics, drawing on the reformist and radical traditions of Victorian British politics. Policy-wise, they favour an extension of the welfare state while stressing the importance of municipal government and individual liberty. In this sense they're not all that different from the leftmost wing of the Liberals in terms of temperament (although now TTL's Liberals are more and more dominated by the OTL Liberal Imperialists and Asquithians) but in terms of policy there ended up being little more than a cigarette paper's difference between them, Labour and the Co-operatives, hence the alliance.

As regards Labour and the Co-op, both of them favour a more direct class politics, although Labour is more obviously a creature of the trades unions and the Co-op puts more importance on things like worker self-management and workplace democracy.

Map: Middle East 1929
Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 15.08.47.png
Screenshot 2021-06-21 at 15.09.09.png

I have the feeling, after reading your TLs, that you don't like the Tories too much, Rattigan, dunno why...
*Tugs shirt collar nervously* How could you possibly get that impression? More seriously, I think I'm actually cooler on the Tories than many people on this site - although it's not exactly hard to imagine how Britain might have been run better during the 20th century, for the most party the Tories weren't as dreadful as some of the opposition demonology would suggest.

That being said, I think a kind of Whig-Radical division as the major fault line of contemporary politics is a very interesting potential alt but for the Liberals to live the Conservatives have to die...

Nice map, but some of those borders are awfully convergent, and totally wouldn't happen in an ATL, even with the POD TTL has.
A sad limitation of my map-making skills I'm afraid...

I totally accept your point, especially on the Arabian Peninsula, so please feel free to sub in slightly more realistic lines if you're imagining the map in your head

It represents the bourgeois and intellectual left of British politics, drawing on the reformist and radical traditions of Victorian British politics. Policy-wise, they favour an extension of the welfare state while stressing the importance of municipal government and individual liberty. In this sense they're not all that different from the leftmost wing of the Liberals in terms of temperament (although now TTL's Liberals are more and more dominated by the OTL Liberal Imperialists and Asquithians) but in terms of policy there ended up being little more than a cigarette paper's difference between them, Labour and the Co-operatives, hence the alliance.

As regards Labour and the Co-op, both of them favour a more direct class politics, although Labour is more obviously a creature of the trades unions and the Co-op puts more importance on things like worker self-management and workplace democracy.
The reverse Carlton Club manouvure is hilarious. btw. But i think its going to be difficult for an Asquithian Liberal party to continue with the SDP as the main opponent, and with the future economic challenges ahead. Some injection of reformism and or Keynesianism will be needed to stop them effectively becoming the Australian Liberal Party (basically almost Conservatives) rather than the equivilent of Canada's actually a Liberal Party.

I think that Riyadh doesn't actually contains Riyadh, the city.
FML.
The idea of that border was to give the idea that the Saudis and the Rashidis are still fighting it out for control of the interior but it just came off looking a little odd. Probably best to just imagine it as a blob for now - we’ll be returning to it eventually

"Fighting Bob" in the house? I'm trying to understand why exactly he'd do this unless Norris made the jump to the Senate during these mid-terms. Otherwise the progressives are almost certainly the kingmakers in both chambers and the Senate is the "greater" of the two so this is a jump down in stature for him.

"Fighting Bob" in the house? I'm trying to understand why exactly he'd do this unless Norris made the jump to the Senate during these mid-terms. Otherwise the progressives are almost certainly the kingmakers in both chambers and the Senate is the "greater" of the two so this is a jump down in stature for him.
I think a Nebraska Senate seat would've come available in this cycle so the idea would be that Norris and LaFollette would've effectively swapped. It's also a reflection that, following the recent changes to voting systems, the House is coming to be seen as the more democratic and "senior" body and the role of Speaker is slowly evolving into a kind of prime minister.