The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

I was thinking of some leisure activities they could do during their downtime and I thought, why not have them go to a baseball game? If anyone has better ideas I'd like to hear them but I thought it was creative at least. It may or may not have to do with the fact that baseball should be happening right now.

I was thinking of some leisure activities they could do during their downtime and I thought, why not have them go to a baseball game? If anyone has better ideas I'd like to hear them but I thought it was creative at least. It may or may not have to do with the fact that baseball should be happening right now.
Maybe they go to a concert, catch a local act?

And maybe they like 'em so much they decide to offer them a spot on Apple?
Maybe or maybe they go see someone who's already been for a while. Who might have been on tour back then?

March 1973 was the year Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was released and also the year Floyd signed a new record contract with Colombia records,
Maybe the Beatles catch a Floyd show?

Maybe or maybe they go see someone who's already been for a while. Who might have been on tour back then?

March 1973 was the year Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon was released and also the year Floyd signed a new record contract with Colombia records,
Maybe the Beatles catch a Floyd show?
Apple would be SO FRIGGIN OP with The Beatles, Queen, and Floyd in their roster!

I just realized that Mind Games Forever should have dropped in the last update. Oh well, I guess I can say the release got delayed due to much of the staff at Apple being involved with the movie.

ETA that I didn't know Ringo did a country album in OTL. I'd of course heard about Beaucoups Of Blues but I thought it was a pop album like Ringo.

Last edited:
I just realized that Mind Games Forever should have dropped in the last update. Oh well, I guess I can say the release got delayed due to much of the staff at Apple being involved with the movie.

ETA that I didn't know Ringo did a country album in OTL. I'd of course heard about Beaucoups Of Blues but I thought it was a pop album like Ringo.
Technically his Give More Love album was partially a country album, and many of his works have country influences

June 1973 ("Mind Games Forever" released)
June 4, 1973 - Filming wraps up in the St. Louis area with the shooting of a chase scene inside Lambert Airport. The following day The Beatles and crew fly out to Las Vegas to commence the final portion of US on-location filming.

June 5, 1973 - The final two week block of filming begins in Las Vegas to shoot Elvin's portion of the movie.

June 8, 1973 - The album Mind Games Forever is released in the UK following a two week delay caused by production work for the movie at Apple. As was the case with the last album, the group's individuality as songwriters is on full display. The album is generally well received by both critics and the record buying public, although some suggest the group may be getting "softer". The album becomes the group's 13th #1 album in UK. Note: I was originally going to do a personnel list for the album, but that would've made the post even longer.

"Mind Games Forever"
Apple 35

mind-games-forever-jpg.473244

Album art by Asharella

SIDE 1
1. Mind Games (Lennon)
2. Picasso's Last Words (Drink To Me) (McCartney)
3. Instant Karma (We All Shine On) (Lennon)
4. You're Sixteen (Sherman-Sherman)
5. Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) (Harrison)
6. Tight A$ (Lennon)
7. Nineteen Hundred and Eighty-Five (McCartney)

SIDE 2
8. Gimme Some Truth (Lennon)
9. Oh My My (Starkey)
10. Don't Let Me Wait Too Long (Harrison)
11. Living In The Material World (Harrison)
12. No Words (McCartney)
13. Out Of The Blue (Lennon)
14. Try Some, Buy Some (Harrison)

June 12, 1973 - The album Mind Games Forever is released in the US as Apple 3414. The album also is a hot seller there, heading straight to #1 on the album charts. It holds the #1 spot for eight weeks and sells over a million copies.

June 13, 1973 - During a break in filming, Paul visits a record store in Las Vegas to sign copies of Mind Games Forever.

June 16, 1973 - After shooting a few scenes around Las Vegas, Elvis tells the group to meet him that night at his lodgings at the hotel where's he been performing. He tells the group that night that he wants to cut ties with Colonel Tom Parker, who has been his manager since the beginning of his career, and expresses interest in joining the Apple label.

June 21, 1973 - With much of the filming work done in the US, George flies back to London as Pattie's due date is drawing closer.

June 23, 1973 - The rest of the group and crew celebrate the end of principal photography at Caesar's Palace in Las Vegas, then fly back to England.

June 27, 1973 - Dhani Harrison is born to George and Pattie Harrison at Queen Charlotte's Hospital in London.