The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

Also never released but the tune (music) was used by Lennon in 1971 For a song on the imagine album see if you can guess the song...Pretty easy really. LOL

Checking in once again to tell you all that I'm still around and hope to get back to this one day. Hows everybody doing? I always knew it would be challenging going past the breakup in OTL, but I didn't think it would be this challenging.
Hope to be back here soon!

Checking in once again to tell you all that I'm still around and hope to get back to this one day. Hows everybody doing? I always knew it would be challenging going past the breakup in OTL, but I didn't think it would be this challenging.
Glad to hear you're considering continuing the TL. We're here to help with any ideas if you need them! :)

Come back soon mate and continue the story

Bonus Bit #1: Cashbox Op-Ed 2/23/74
Greetings folks! Checking in once again but this time I have an early Christmas present for you all! It's some foreshadowing courtesy of Cash Box Magazine. Enjoy!

Cash Box Magazine 2/23/1974

The Beatles 10 Years Later - Part 4: Where Do They Go From Here?

In the month of February, we have been running a series of articles celebrating the 10th anniversary of The Beatles’ arrival in America. In this, the fourth and final part, we look ahead to the next decade and what the group’s future might look like.

By Allan Stophel - Cash Box Staff Writer

When I got the assignment to write this part of the series I felt that I wasn’t up to the task. How can anyone, much less me, project what direction The Beatles’ career will go in the next ten years? However, if we look at the factors that contribute to their current success, we can see some clues as to what their future might look like.

Let’s start with what we do know. It is no secret that The Beatles have already cemented their place as the most influential pop group on the planet. In this country alone, they have amassed a whopping 25 #1 hit singles, taking into account all three of the major music trade magazines, including 12 straight from 1964 to 1967. They most surely have another #1 hit on the way in the form of the title song from their latest film effort “Band On The Run” on the recently spun-off Apple USA label. It is clear even ten years later that the group still drives sales and airplay in a way no other music artist has been able to.

Also of note is their ability to draw crowds even this far into their career. All of the tour dates for their comeback tour in ‘72 were sellouts. Although this led to the tragedy in Chicago, numbers-wise, the tour was a resounding success. The group has announced another tour to promote their “Band On The Run” album, and is sure to sell out everywhere as well.

One does not talk about The Beatles without talking about their music. The group has been on the cutting edge of pretty much every musical innovation over the last ten years. From merseybeat rock-and-roll to country, experimental and back-to-basics rock, they’ve done it all. The Beatles, at this time, are the kings of popular music.

But the question that looms over their future is this: how long can they retain that status? I’ll now lay out some challenges I foresee for The Beatles going forward.

As evidenced by the single releases from their album Mind Games Forever, some holes have started to appear in the Beatle armor. None of those singles hit #1 in any trade magazine on either side of the pond. This can be attributed to the fact that many in the record buying public have started to move on from The Beatles and to other artists, such as Elton John, Kool & The Gang, and Aerosmith, the latter of which happen to be signed to the Apple USA label.

The Beatles are quickly becoming a part of what I call the “Old Guard.” To put it simply, they’re not the darling young boys that stepped off the plane in New York ten years ago. As of this writing, the oldest Beatle, Ringo, is 33 years old. The youngest, George, turns 31 this month. They are also family men, married with a total of nine children between them. It isn’t too much of a stretch to say that this will affect them both musically and physically over the coming years.

However, the biggest challenge I believe The Beatles will face will involve their music. As we in the music business know all too well, musical tastes among the public are as changeable as the wind. What might sell well one year might not the next. The band’s recent repertoire is far “softer” than the experimental days of 1967-68 or so. While they certainly have no qualms about performing straight-up rock (as “Jet” from their latest album and film demonstrates), it would appear to the casual observer that soft rock is more their bag (like the title track from Band On The Run). This has served them well for a few years now, but as I stated earlier: how long can that last?

So, all that being said, what do I see for The Beatles over the next ten years? Understand that I’m not a prophet and have never pretended to be, so what I say after this is pure conjecture.

Right now, The Beatles are attempting to appeal to both the fans that have been with them since the beginning and those that are discovering them for the first time. Those who were young children at the time they first took off are now young adults and have musical tastes far different from those in the former group. I see this problem rearing its ugly head in the next year or so. The group is quickly becoming “old news” and that will become apparent sooner rather than later.

Can they still dominate on the charts in the coming years? I believe they can, but they’ll need to adapt their musical style accordingly. However, they are only getting older and more set in their ways. Eventually they might find that soft rock and ballads just don’t sell anymore, at least not like they used to. What the group will do in response to the seismic shifts in music taste is anyone’s guess.

Ringo has released a solo country album here in the US that has sold quite well. With Ringo now a country artist as well as being the drummer for the most influential band on the planet, I believe that will also result in some complications for The Beatles’ career going forward.

As you may have guessed, I believe that where music goes in the next ten years will be the core determinant as to where The Beatles’ career will go in the next ten years. I believe their status as music history’s most influential band will still drive sales, airplay, and even concert ticket sales for years and years to come.

What will popular music be like in 1984? Where will The Beatles be in 1984? I don’t know. Nobody knows. But strap in folks, this will be an interesting ride.

WOOOOOOOO!
Yeah, baby! That's what we've been waiting for, that's what it's all about!
WOOOOOOOO!

I've been meaning to put something like that out for awhile, but didn't get around to writing it until just now. Also, calm down dude lol.

YES!!!! It's back!!!!

Will there be new updates in the future @YellowSubmarine93?

I hope to put out updates every now and again. I hope to start things back up some time after New Years.