The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

April 1973
One thing before I start the update: As of right now my choices to play Sam and the Constable are Christopher Lee and Michael Palin respectively. I just think it would be interesting to have a serious actor and a comedic one paired up like that.

April 4, 1973 - George issues a statement on the 5th anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. He says that all should strive to promote peace the way King did during his lifetime.

April 8, 1973 - John along with the rest of The Beatles celebrate Julian's 10th birthday on the set at Twickenham Studios. Interestingly, Julian's birthday occurs the day the filming of the "It's Johnny's Birthday" scene occurs.

April 10, 1973 - The George Martin Orchestra begins recording the incidental music written for Band On The Run by Vangelis at Abbey Road Studios.

April 16, 1973 - Filming in London is extended by one week due to weather issues in that area.

April 19, 1973 - The Beatles film a scene on-location at a London restaurant. The local police have to be brought in to keep rabid fans away.

April 24, 1973 - Filming in London wraps up with the shooting of a few street scenes.

April 28, 1973 - The Beatles and the film crew fly out of Heathrow Airport to New York City to begin on-location shooting in the US.

One thing before I start the update: As of right now my choices to play Sam and the Constable are Christopher Lee and Michael Palin respectively. I just think it would be interesting to have a serious actor and a comedic one paired up like that.

<>
I like that idea and Lee could be funny when called upon to.

Perhaps at Julian's birthday celebration, the band records a short bit of him playing drums with the band in a performance of Ya Ya. He did play on Ya Ya on John's Walls and Bridges after all.

Does anyone like the idea of me putting all the albums and track listings in a separate place so that people can view them without having to thumb through threadmarks or scroll through the thread? Also, is anyone up for making a movie poster for Band On The Run?

Does anyone like the idea of me putting all the albums and track listings in a separate place so that people can view them without having to thumb through threadmarks or scroll through the thread? Also, is anyone up for making a movie poster for Band On The Run?

I think they are fine right here. As long as the threadmarks are there, they can be found.

May 1973
I think they are fine right here. As long as the threadmarks are there, they can be found.

Alright, I'll get to work as soon as I can. And now, let's see how the first month of filming in the US unfolded.

May 2, 1973 - A two week block of filming begins in the Detroit area to shoot scenes with Smokey Robinson among others. The group stays at the Book Cadillac Hotel during this time.

May 5, 1973 - The Beatles shoot a scene at a Detroit nightclub where they nearly get captured by Sam and the Constable.

May 7, 1973 - Several chase scenes are shot in downtown Detroit.

May 11, 1973 - The Beatles take a break from filming to take in a baseball game at Tiger Stadium, where they performed only a year ago. The group is given their own private box seats. They watch the Detroit Tigers defeat the Milwaukee Brewers in a close game 6-5. Note: I'll link the actual boxscore here

May 16, 1973 - Filming wraps up in the Detroit area. While the crew heads to St. Louis, Ringo charters a private plane to fly to Nashville.

May 17, 1973 - Ringo visits several recording studios in Nashville, with an eye to recording a solo country album in the future. The following day he flies out to St. Louis to rejoin the rest of the group.

May 20, 1973 - Another two week block of filming begins in the St. Louis area to shoot Chuck Berry's portion of the movie along with other related scenes.

May 26, 1973 - Several road trip scenes are filmed on the outskirts of St. Louis