The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

July 1973
Before I get into this long awaited update, does anyone have any feedback on the tracklist of Mind Games Forever? I also forgot about "Live And Let Die". Could that possibly be a non-movie track on the Band On The Run album? Anyway, on with the show...

July 1, 1973 - "Band On The Run" officially enters the post-production phase with a target release date of Christmastime 1973.

July 5, 1973 - "Instant Karma (We All Shine On)" b/w "Living In The Material World", the first single from Mind Games Forever, is released in the UK as Apple R 5986. This is their first single release since last November. The A-Side is a glam rock number inspired by David Bowie. The single goes to #5 on the UK charts.

July 7, 1973 - The Beatles celebrate Ringo's 33rd birthday at Trader Vic's in London.

July 10, 1973 - "Instant Karma (We All Shine On)" b/w "Living In The Material World" is released in the US as Apple 3656. The single peaks at #3 on the Record World pop chart. This is the first time since "I've Got A Feeling" b/w "Octopus's Garden" in late 1971 that a regular Beatles single has not gone to number in either the US or the UK.

July 12, 1973 - Ringo starts writing a few songs for potential use on his solo country album, which he plans to start recording later in the summer. He also contacts a few producers in Nashville, including Chet Atkins, Owen Bradley, and Bob Ferguson in hopes of recruiting them to produce and arrange the album.

July 13, 1973 - Queen's self-titled debut album is released in the UK as Apple 37. The album becomes a critical and commercial success, eventually peaking at #20 on the UK album charts. The album is also fairly successful when released in the US, peaking at #60 on the album chart there.

July 17, 1973 - Paul goes on vacation with his family to Spain.

July 20, 1973 - During a business meeting at Apple, John floats the idea of splitting off their US division into a second label on which to house their American artists.

I may sound like a newcomer despite following you for several months, but who is Sherman who in the latest album wrote ,,You're sixteen,,

Been following this thread for ages... Made an account a few months back I think, forgot I had it... Hello! You can expect to see one or two contributions from me if you guys don't mind a new guy dropping in?