The Beatles Don't Break Up in 1970 - A Timeline

I don't mean to keep hijacking the thread by talking about Hurricane Agnes, but in the interest of keeping the thread alive:

A lot of the so-called "older generation" in Wilkes-Barre in the summer of '72 were quite impressed when so many young long-haired dudes and hippie chicks, around Asharella's age, came out of the woodwork to offer their help throughout the emergency - helping with the unsuccessful attempt to sandbag the dikes; helping to collect, sort, and distribute donations of food and clothing; helping at the evacuation centers by cooking, serving food, cleaning, working at all sorts of needed jobs, even entertaining the evacuees; and doing tons of work to help clean up the mud and devastation afterward. The local newspapers carried a lot of comments along the lines of "I sure as hell don't understand the young people today, but I'll never say a bad word about them ever again." And many even kept that promise.

So, in keeping with that spirit, here's a big hit from the summer of '72 that was, as it happens, very very appropriate:

I still intend to return to this TL eventually. As of late, I've been in the process of moving. That, combined with not knowing what to have happen next in the life of the Beatles and other interests has resulted in a very long delay.

I still intend to return to this TL eventually. As of late, I've been in the process of moving. That, combined with not knowing what to have happen next in the life of the Beatles and other interests has resulted in a very long delay.
Keep up the good work YS93 this is a great story and I really want to read it up till conclusion in modern day.

since we're waiting in between updates I thought I'd share a piece of artwork I had in my files, something I found on the interwebby years ago.
ART 4feadda044504f9e892c2c9d88f2ef2f.jpg

It definitely has a Klause Voorman "Revolver" cover feel to it, unfortunately I don't know who the artist is but I thought it would make a cool alternative Beatles greatest hits record for this TL.

So I altered the pic a bit to make it album size, John has three pupils now but that's seems normal for John IMO.
BEATLES.jpg

I had to cut a bit of the bottom off which included the shattered glasses but hopefully that image has no place ITTL.

February 1973
Hey folks. I've decided that because we need something to get our minds off the COVID-19 outbreak and it's been about 4 months since the last timeline post, I've decided to come back for the time being. Hope I still have it in me. Anyway, off we go:

February 2, 1973 - Apple releases a statement announcing that Richard Lester has been hired to direct Band On The Run, with filming set to begin in March.

February 8, 1973 - Queen begins recording their debut album at the Abbey Road recording studios. Despite having been signed to the label since April of last year, the group has mostly focused on their nightclub act until now.

February 11, 1973 - Ten years after the marathon recording session which produced the album Please Please Me, The Beatles begin recording the songs for the movie Band On The Run. These sessions will last less than a month.

February 16, 1973 - Apple Records releases the special double album Apple Jam: Five Years Of Apple '68-73. The album includes songs not only from The Beatles but also the artists who have record for the label over that time period, ending with songs from the upcoming Mind Games Forever album and Aerosmith's debut album. The album sells well on both sides of the Atlantic.
20191202_160003-jpg.506374

Album art by Garrett_Cartoonist

February 21, 1973 - Apple issues another statement concerning Band On The Run, announcing that Smokey Robinson, Chuck Berry, and Elvis Presley have all signed on to appear in the movie.

February 25, 1973 - George and Pattie Harrison announce that they expecting a boy in June. This is the first time any Beatle has made such an announcement of the gender of their unborn child.

Here's my personal tracklist for:
Apple Jam: Five Years of Apple '68-'73 (1973, Apple Records) track list

(Side 1)
Beatles- Revolution
Mary Hopkins- Those Were The Days
Beatles- The Ballad of John and Cynthia
Jackie Lomax- Sour Milk Sea
The Iveys/Badfinger- Maybe Tomorrow
Beatles- Hey Jude
(Hidden Track) Brute Force- King of FUH

(Side 2)
Billy Preston- That's The Way God Planned It
Aphrodite's Child- It's Five O'Clock
Ronette Spector- Try Some Buy Some
Beatles- Something
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Proud Mary (Mistakenly referred to as Rollin' on the River on early pressings)
Badfinger- Come and Get It
Beatles- Let It Be

(Side 3)
James Taylor- Fire and Rain
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
Crosby Stills Nash & Young- Carry On
Aphrodite's Child- The Four Horsemen
Beatles- I've Got a Feeling (Referred to as I've Got a Feelong/Everybody Had a Hard Year on certain pressings)
Aphrodite's Child- Break
John Lennon w/ Paul McCartney & London Children's Choir- Happy Xmas (War is Over)

(Side 4)
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Someday Never Comes
Beatles- My Sweet Lord
Beatles- Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
(PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SPECIAL SNEAK PREVIEW TRACKS)
Queen- Keep Yourself Alive (Live at Wembley, 1972)
Beatles- Mind Games
Aerosmith- Dream On (Mistakenly included as unreleased/ track 3 on side 4 of more modern pressings)
Beatles- Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)

Last edited:
Here's my personal tracklist for:
Apple Jam: Five Years of Apple '68-'73 (1973, Apple Records) track list

(Side 1)
Beatles- Revolution
Mary Hopkins- Those Were The Days
Beatles- The Ballad of John and Cynthia
Jackie Lomax- Sour Milk Sea
The Iveys/Badfinger- Maybe Tomorrow
Beatles- Hey Jude
(Hidden Track) Brute Force- King of FUH

(Side 2)
Billy Preston- That's The Way God Planned It
Aphrodite's Child- It's Five O'Clock
Ronette Spector- Try Some Buy Some
Beatles- Something
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Proud Mary (Mistakenly referred to as Rollin' on the River on early pressings)
Badfinger- Come and Get It
Beatles- Let It Be

(Side 3)
James Taylor- Fire and Rain
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Have You Ever Seen The Rain?
Crosby Stills Nash & Young- Carry On
Aphrodite's Child- The Four Horsemen
Beatles- I've Got a Feeling (Referred to as I've Got a Feelong/Everybody Had a Hard Year on certain pressings)
Aphrodite's Child- Break
John Lennon w/ Paul McCartney & London Children's Choir- Happy Xmas (War is Over)

(Side 4)
Creedence Clearwater Revival- Someday Never Comes
Beatles- My Sweet Lord
Beatles- Uncle Albert/Admiral Halsey
(PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED SPECIAL SNEAK PREVIEW TRACKS)
Queen- Keep Yourself Alive (Live at Wembley, 1972)
Beatles- Mind Games
Aerosmith- Dream On (Mistakenly included as unreleased/ track 3 on side 4 of more modern pressings)
Beatles- Band On The Run
Please let me know if you guys have better ideas

Hey folks. I've decided that because we need something to get our minds off the COVID-19 outbreak and it's been about 4 months since the last timeline post, I've decided to come back for the time being. Hope I still have it in me. Anyway, off we go:

February 2, 1973 - Apple releases a statement announcing that Richard Lester has been hired to direct Band On The Run, with filming set to begin in March.

February 8, 1973 - Queen begins recording their debut album at the Abbey Road recording studios. Despite having been signed to the label since April of last year, the group has mostly focused on their nightclub act until now.

February 11, 1973 - Ten years after the marathon recording session which produced the album Please Please Me, The Beatles begin recording the songs for the movie Band On The Run. These sessions will last less than a month.

February 16, 1973 - Apple Records releases the special double album Apple Jam: Five Years Of Apple '68-73. The album includes songs not only from The Beatles but also the artists who have record for the label over that time period, ending with songs from the upcoming Mind Games Forever album and Aerosmith's debut album. The album sells well on both sides of the Atlantic.
20191202_160003-jpg.506374

Album art by Garrett_Cartoonist

February 21, 1973 - Apple issues another statement concerning Band On The Run, announcing that Smokey Robinson, Chuck Berry, and Elvis Presley have all signed on to appear in the movie.

February 25, 1973 - George and Pattie Harrison announce that they expecting a boy in June. This is the first time any Beatle has made such an announcement of the gender of their unborn child.
HOLY FUCK HOLY FUCK (is band on the run still a song)