Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem with that is the Chinese aren't going to be content to play second fiddle to the Japanese forever.
Or the Japanese can go the way of the Qing and duke it out for four decades, can’t they?

With Russia going Societist, I doubt America would want to destabilise East Asia just for the sake of eliminating the challenge.

@Ephraim Ben Raphael

Why can’t I escape the notion that Klein’s navy was doing a bit of R&D on certain high-energy physics without the knowledge of the wider US government?

R&D that’s now in the hands of the Draka, or at least the basic outlines of it, while it’s been shelved or swept under the rug back home?
Cyclotron radiation??? :p
Problem with that is the Chinese aren't going to be content to play second fiddle to the Japanese forever.
Who might the Chinese ally with?

The suppression of the Judeo-Arab Revolt proved longer and bloodier than First Drako-American War itself. It was not the first time the Empire had faced dedicated, resourceful insurgents with foreign aid and sympathy, but there was something that made this rebellion different. A sense that if they lost, when they lost, something would be broken that couldn’t easily be fixed. That this time Drakian rule would be permanent in a way it hadn’t been before. And so, as the world watched and listened to the radio and television broadcasts, the Judean Army, the Hebrew Home Army, the Islamic Resistance Movement, and the Holy War Army sold their lives dearly, Zionists and Mujahedeen fighting and dying side by side. They watched the fall of Jerusalem, the desperate last stands at Haifa and Jaffa and Beersheba. The Arab rebels in Syria and Mesopotamia were crushed to less international attention, but they fought no less hard. The Drakian Army moved in with numbers and resources well beyond anything they had, followed behind by Agoge units who vented their rage and frustration upon what remained of the non-military population.

There was international outrage, from the Jewish community, from the independent Muslim states, from civilized governments the world over. Letters of condemnation were issued, there were boycotts against Drakian goods, fundraisers to pay help resettle refugees, and new Jewish and Muslim communities established across the New World. But nothing was done to actual avert the massacre.

A Mujahadeen wearing parts of a cast-off US Marine uniform sits with a pair of fighters from the Zionist-Geoist Hebrew Home Army during the Judeo-Arab Revolt.

Question: What is the Arabist position on Jews? For example, did the Arab Union take in Jewish refugees from the Holy Land?

I'm expecting TTL would probably have more positive Arab-Jewish relations, given their shared opposition to the Drakians, but I'm wondering if there's any conflict still.

Anzû

Gone Fishin'
It certainly was not, even taking into account Mesopotamian oil (after all, Drakia has Nigeria and North Africa, so it has oceans of oil elsewhere to exploit). If it had been 1920 B.C. instead of A.D., sure. But the Fertile Crescent just isn't worth that much by this point.

The Draka came out of that war more secure internally, but weaker overall. Their territory is the same, but a princely state and productive territories in the middle east have been gutted in population and physical assets, at the cost of tens of thousands of their own men and soldiers. This wasn't a predator killing an animal and eating it to add to its body, this was one paying a high cost to gnaw off an infected paw. Those rebels died but they made Draka weaker for it.

Question: What is the Arabist position on Jews? For example, did the Arab Union take in Jewish refugees from the Holy Land?

I'm expecting TTL would probably have more positive Arab-Jewish relations, given their shared opposition to the Drakians, but I'm wondering if there's any conflict still.
There'd probably still be some conflict between the two but it would be relatively minor compared to OTL, outside of the rare flare up.
The Draka came out of that war more secure internally, but weaker overall. Their territory is the same, but a princely state and productive territories in the middle east have been gutted in population and physical assets, at the cost of tens of thousands of their own men and soldiers. This wasn't a predator killing an animal and eating it to add to its body, this was one paying a high cost to gnaw off an infected paw. Those rebels died but they made Draka weaker for it.
Yep I'm reminded of certain quote "sometimes for the body to survive parts of it must be lost". The snakes may have crushed the revolt but they sure took one hell of a bloody nose doing it. Something that will take them a while to recover from..

Perdue you utter fool! I hope he's viewed as the worst American President
I believe the term "what an idiot" applies. Eell if a great depression does pop up at least it'll give the people a good excuse to kick him out.

Or the Japanese can go the way of the Qing and duke it out for four decades, can’t they?

With Russia going Societist, I doubt America would want to destabilise East Asia just for the sake of eliminating the challenge.

The Japanese trying to pull a Qing during the modern period sounds like a bad idea. Especially with the Draka and Societist Russia on the same continent.

Japan is practically using the same tactics to unify Asia as America used to unify North America. With one American/Japanese culture being imposed over the continent. In the most recent update we just find out that US is going through civil unrest because people want to have equal rights.

Japan wants to unify all of Asia, that means going after South East Asia and India. If the US does decides that a counter weight to the Draka and Russia is more important, the Japanese model of imperialism ain't gonna be sustainable. Even with the indirect control of the US navy the 7 Ducklings where trying for independence, once Japan tries to enforce direct control over formerly independent nations expect a multiple uprisings.

Japan is practically using the same tactics to unify Asia as America used to unify North America. With one American/Japanese culture being imposed over the continent. In the most recent update we just find out that US is going through civil unrest because people want to have equal rights.
That's not right. Most of the civil unrest appears to be coming from Central Americans who don't want to be part of the United States at all. The rest is coming from a disagreement between whether "equal rights" means equal rights for different races (but more or less aggressive assimilation of different cultures) or equal rights for different cultures (even if that means discrimination against different races).

Why are people saying that Russia is Societist? Did I miss something?
Well I mean given this update they might be Societist-aligned but I agree that's not the same thing, and it hasn't been exactly clarified in any case. Although Geoism is a radical revolutionary ideology it's mainly concerned with property rights and economics rather than social or religious concerns, so some sort of co-belligerent status between the two is far more possible than a capitalist/communist alliance of great powers would have been otl. Social Geoism for Final Victory!

On the subject of Geoism, how radical is Russia after the death of Not!Pol Pot? Is it still essentially industrialized outside of the military?

I'm kinda curious about what other ideologies might pop up within the near future of this world. The first that springs to mind would an analog to the OTL Technocracy movement believing society should be not governed by hereditary rulers or from elected officials but through trained professionals, experts in their respective fields. Mixed with some other elements of various other OTL ideologies...

• Sharing communisms desire to stamp out religion believing them to be nothing more than outdated superstitions that have done nothing but perpetuate atrocities in the name of non existent idols.
  • They also share their love for centralized planning and nationalization of certain Industries.
  • Though on the other hand they've also fully willing to embrace capitalism believing the inherent competitiveness when properly managed drives Innovation and weed out the less effective members of society.
  • That and they also share the eugenicists interest in sterilizing certain members of society. Viewing it as the most efficient way to weed out harmful genetic traits from the general populace. Though on the other hand they may not be that comparatively racist believing skin color and the like to be at most adaptive mutantions meny for local populations to better handle their local environment.
  • On the environment they may see it as nothing more than another resource to be used. One that must be properly managed and maintained to ensure long term stability...
  • Also some social darwinist views of kill or be killed and that conflict with other societies is an inherent inevitability. Along with nationalist sentiments of expand or die.
I don't know could be a good analogue to OTL fascism...
Expanding on this perhaps hypothetical ideology would also share elements with the futurist movement of OTL. Sharing there reverence towards technology, innovation, industry, youth and violence. Along with their fondness for items like the car and airplane believing innovation is the way forward instead of trying to clutch in vein to the ideals & legacies of dead nations.

Plus their preference outside towards futurist styled architecture over the neo classical style traditionally preferred by western powers.
santelia.jpg

Outside of that perhaps they'd generally view that every culture & race have useful attributes & elements that should be adopted. Discarding the less useful elements of their own cultures in the process... making them a rather interesting antithesis to both the Draka & US.
Those were quite modern firefighter uniforms... does the insurgency continue for that long?
Not necessarily. Remember that the industrial revolution started off earlier and was more intense here. With early hand cranked machine guns & crude airships already being in standard use decades ahead of OTL. So it would definitely make sense that some modern innovations would show up way ahead of OTL, which has already happened with television technology.

Not necessarily. Remember that the industrial revolution started off earlier and was more intense here. With early hand cranked machine guns & crude airships already being in standard use decades ahead of OTL. So it would definitely make sense that some modern innovations would show up way ahead of OTL, which has already happened with television technology.
Firefighters didn’t start wearing those types of uniforms till the 1980s.

Last edited:
Oh dear lord the space-filling empires are real.

Might I suggest the addition of copious amounts of subdivisions, particularly in Russia and South America? It'd do wonders to break up the solid colors.

That sounds like a lot of work for limited aesthetic gain...

Oh dear lord the space-filling empires are real.

Might I suggest the addition of copious amounts of subdivisions, particularly in Russia and South America? It'd do wonders to break up the solid colors.

I gave it a shot. Most of the new subdivisions are copy-pasted from OTL, but I cleaned them up a bit and added a few differences where it made sense. I also corrected Burma, since I think it's supposed to be independent at this point.

sab-subdivisions.png

Creating this made me realize that Brazil still has territory in Sao Tome and Cape Verde. What is Brazil's relationship with Drakia like right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.