Q-Bam Historical Map Thread

Crazy Boris

Banned
unknown.png

April 21 1836: End of the Texan Revolution

Update of 1885:
XDOAHr1.png

Changelog:
- Fixed Hawaii (as it was shown as US territory)
- Fixed Virgin Islands
- Added Rattanakosin's vassals
- Added the Shan States (Burma and China)
- Fixed south Arabia (added Najran and fixed some states that wer shown under british influence/protectorate when they were not)
- Fixed China's provinces
- Now all states are coloured (since some African ones were not) and added more African states / tribal confederations.

Minor edit: French, Korean and Austrian subdivisions are shown.

As always, feel free to suggest or make me know mistakes you notice.

Last edited:
I don't know if someone has done 2020, so here it is:
FjbHQA1.png

Some of the war-torn countries might have mistakes, so feel free to correct anything wrong you see.

How do you know what maps to chose to make your own maps here? After pestering each of you poor souls to give me a Second Punic war map, I decided to try my own attempt. In addition to being terrible at making maps (I am too reliant on rivers), the maps seem to be conflicting. Many maps concerning the Second Punic war show that Carthage's territory in the Iberian peninsula followed the Ebro river (which formed its northern border) and stopping at the Guadiana, but other maps show Carthaginian domain going all the way up to the Tagus and only a portion touching the Ebro. Youtube videos showing the changing of maps (which I sometimes watch for fun) can also be terrible inconsistent at times.

How do you know what maps to chose to make your own maps here? After pestering each of you poor souls to give me a Second Punic war map, I decided to try my own attempt. In addition to being terrible at making maps (I am too reliant on rivers), the maps seem to be conflicting. Many maps concerning the Second Punic war show that Carthage's territory in the Iberian peninsula followed the Ebro river (which formed its northern border) and stopping at the Guadiana, but other maps show Carthaginian domain going all the way up to the Tagus and only a portion touching the Ebro. Youtube videos showing the changing of maps (which I sometimes watch for fun) can also be terrible inconsistent at times.
youd need academic books to do a consistent job, i just get stuff off wikipedia and try my best to eyeball it. ideally wed all be using gis programs to make super accurate historical maps that people can use as source maps to doodle thier historical fanfiction over

Pogchamp

Banned
I'm gonna tell you something you don't want to hear: Never use these maps. Especially the world maps

They're all based on older ones that are inaccurate and are deeply flawed in many ways. Just get a program like Paint.net and make your own borders from historic maps. Use QGIS to change projections to fit the QBAM coastlines, it's robertson sphere projection.

Japan1937.png

A little rough, but was just working on Japanese possessions in China just prior to the outbreak of the Second Sino-Japanese War. This includes the East Hebei Autonomous Anti-Communist Government, the Mongol Military Government, and the dependent states of South Chahar and North Shanxi. Managed to get some subdivisions down for Manchukuo and the Mongol Military Government - the Manchukuo one is certainly better in projection, the Mongol one is a bit rough but it should serve unless someone wants to update it. I used subdivisions in Japan and Korea from @Sharklord1's 1942 map, and largely used his Taiwan divisions after drawing my own from scratch and then, being unhappy with it, decided to combine the two versions. Don't mind the rest of it though, it's just modern QBAM.

View attachment 612409
A little rough, but was just working on Japanese possessions in China just prior to the outbreak of the Second Sino-Japanese War. This includes the East Hebei Autonomous Anti-Communist Government, the Mongol Military Government, and the dependent states of South Chahar and North Shanxi. Managed to get some subdivisions down for Manchukuo and the Mongol Military Government - the Manchukuo one is certainly better in projection, the Mongol one is a bit rough but it should serve unless someone wants to update it. I used subdivisions in Japan and Korea from @Sharklord1's 1942 map, and largely used his Taiwan divisions after drawing my own from scratch and then, being unhappy with it, decided to combine the two versions. Don't mind the rest of it though, it's just modern QBAM.
THAT IS EPIC. I really do want to help you, but i'm busy working on my own map. I wish you the best of luck!