Hello there Mapnerds,
This thread is for the discussion of my maps and the underlying information/people it involves.

Essentially what I do is I go into online archives and read WW1 proposals made by Germans and map them out for your enjoyment and information. The people I include range from anonymous to really relevant personalities. As of late I almost exclusively use the writing of the people themselves if I can find them for the best accuracy.
Unfortunatelly they arent very specific in what they want sometimes so some guesswork is required, so please keep in mind that my maps are an interpretation!

If you have any wishes or suggestions I am open to hearing them! :D

My Deviantart for those that are curious:

I will first post the maps that I have already made and then will update this thread once I have made more.
First off is a map of territories proposed for annexation into Austria Hungary (it is outdated, as I have found even more radical proposals!) Since it is too large to be uploaded in full you can see the sources and information for it here: https://www.deviantart.com/tatzelwurm1545/art/Giga-Austria-Hungary-WW1-Ausf-1-1005410969

Attachments

• Österreich links.png
    Österreich links.png
    475.7 KB · Views: 296
Next up is a little series of maps I made focusing soley on German annexations in Poland. Some of these names might be familar to you, especially Hans von Seeckt.
This is what I have made so far:

Attachments

• the_polish_border_strip_proposals__georg_cleinow_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgmmxxf.png
    the_polish_border_strip_proposals__georg_cleinow_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgmmxxf.png
    220.5 KB · Views: 224
  • the_polish_border_strip_proposals_dt_kurier_4_7_15_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgmsvs1.png
    the_polish_border_strip_proposals_dt_kurier_4_7_15_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgmsvs1.png
    384 KB · Views: 147
  • the_polish_border_strip_proposals__l__v__schwerin_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgo5gem.png
    the_polish_border_strip_proposals__l__v__schwerin_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgo5gem.png
    368.2 KB · Views: 152
  • the_polish_border_strip_proposals__hans_von_seeckt_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgpbadf.png
    the_polish_border_strip_proposals__hans_von_seeckt_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgpbadf.png
    405.6 KB · Views: 185

Attachments

• the_fate_of_russia_proposals__karl_hollweg_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgvrg3p.png
    the_fate_of_russia_proposals__karl_hollweg_by_tatzelwurm1545_dgvrg3p.png
    390 KB · Views: 257
I will first post the maps that I have already made and then will update this thread once I have made more.
First off is a map of territories proposed for annexation into Austria Hungary (it is outdated, as I have found even more radical proposals!) Since it is too large to be uploaded in full you can see the sources and information for it here: https://www.deviantart.com/tatzelwurm1545/art/Giga-Austria-Hungary-WW1-Ausf-1-1005410969
Those borders are so ugly that I’m now glad it collapsed.

Those borders are so ugly that I’m now glad it collapsed.
To be fair, it is essentially everything I found back then amalgamated into one. I doubt somebody wanted all of this at the same time. However, if you leave out Ukraine, Lithuania and Bessarabia you end up with proposals that were exclusively made by Austrian statesmen. (Yes, even the one that literally takes almost all of Romania).

Did he discuss potential marriages for the Grand Duchess and her sister?
Nope, the only thing he mentions about Luxemburgian dynastic stuff is that Wallonia could be seperate state under a Luxemburgian Personal union (he proposes the same thing for Flanders and Holland and compares it to Austria-Hungary, so there is that).

However, I have heard before that some other people proposed a Saxon prince should marry the Duchess, but Saxon wargoals arent digitalized sadly so I cannot access the archived proposals.

Very interesting stuff. I never thought about looking through Tirpitz's papers.
I've done a fair bit of work on the subject of war aims (especially Ostpolitik) if you'd like any help/materials.

Last edited:
Very interesting stuff. I never thought about looking through Tirpitz's papers.
I've done a fair bit of work on the subject of war aims (especially Ostpolitik) if you'd like any help/materials.
I will be sure to contact you in the future, rn I am just kind of occupied with private things and trying to finish my latest map.
About Hoffmann: I couldve sworn I saw another proposal by him that was more extensive (but he only mentioned it in a letter to his wife).