Good to have you back man. I love your writing style, and since you're into TL-191 I'd love to see you tackle something like "The Presbyterian Butcher: A History of the Presidency of Gordon McSweeney", where the South wins the Great War (as the original story seemed to be headed before Turtledove changed his mind)
Actually that’s a popular myth. Turtle dove said on an interview that he had always planned for the South to lose the Great War and that McSweeney becoming Hitler was a happy accident that fans tried to claim was part of the plan.

I was just thinking of this TL the other day and was wondering whether it was continued off-site, but could not find anything. Happy to see you coming back, it's unprecedented as far as I can tell! :) Maybe instead of fully abandoning the TL, you could write a one-chapter wrap-up of how the TL would evolve over the next decades, maybe even in bullet-point form

pls don't ban me

Monthly Donor
The TL:
Undertaker Wwe GIF - Undertaker Wwe Wrestler GIFs

Welcome back! Sad to see TTL ending, but I'm looking forward to a reboot and/or new TL. You're very dedicated to your work and I'm looking forward to reading it again when you're ready to return to posting.😊

bguy

Donor
Actually that’s a popular myth. Turtle dove said on an interview that he had always planned for the South to lose the Great War and that McSweeney becoming Hitler was a happy accident that fans tried to claim was part of the plan.

The South losing the Great War was also heavily foreshadowed in How Few Remains what with T.R., who had been portrayed very positively in the book, vowing that if he became president he would never lose a war against the Confederate States.

And the idea of McSweeney as Hitler never made any sense. McSweeney was ridiculously honest (IIRC he even put himself on report once for a uniform violation), was allergic to compromise/deal making, was personally disliked by everyone who interacted with him, and had no ability to understand anyone that didn't think exactly like he did. It's hard to imagine anyone less suited for electoral politics than him. Honestly Martin, Moss, Morrell or Carsten would have made far more sense as a future U.S. dictator than McSweeney as they all at least had some personal charisma and an ability to relate to other people that McSweeney totally lacked.

I was just thinking of this TL the other day and was wondering whether it was continued off-site, but could not find anything. Happy to see you coming back, it's unprecedented as far as I can tell! :) Maybe instead of fully abandoning the TL, you could write a one-chapter wrap-up of how the TL would evolve over the next decades, maybe even in bullet-point form
I would like something like this too.

Very happy to hear this TL will be continued.

Some questions on the fate of the smaller colonies:
-Did the US still buy the Virgin islands from Denmark? They bought it out of fear that Germany would be able to get them in 1917. Given the increase in German power, I would think the purchase still occurs here. The purchase also ended US claims to the northern portion of Greenland, so if it doesn't happen, this territorial dispute would still occur.

-Will France be selling off its Caribbean and Pacific colonies? There was a proposal in OTL for France to sell those colonies off, because they were not economically significant and the French government wanted to use the money to rearm before WWII. In this TL, France has even greater economic burdens after losing the Great War. Japan's adventure in Vietnam demonstrated that France can no longer project force into the Pacific, making its remaining colonies there sitting ducks. The USA, for its part, would not want Germany getting the Caribbean colonies to threaten North America, and would not want Japan to expand its reach in the Pacific. France and the USA have good reasons for a deal like this to go through.

-How are Spain and Portugal doing with their colonies? Would they be interested in selling to Germany or Britain out of fear of losing them? Portugal joined the OTL WWI against Germany but am unsure in the timeline if it happened. If it did Portugal would be dealing with a hostile Germany on the continent. Italy would love to purchase the northern Morocco to get access to the Atlantic, and I'm sure that would be the next goal of Italian Empire supporters.