Dear readers,
As you can see, we've more or less reached the end of 1917 in the TL.
I am going to put the narrative on pause for right now, and rewind to cover some important events of the year which didn't fit neatly into the chronology. The first chapter will pertain to the 1917 general election in Imperial Germany.
What this means is- if you have something you'd like to see covered, please say so and I'll work it in!

Best,
Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth

Dear readers,
I am going to put the narrative on pause for right now, and rewind to cover some important events of the year which didn't fit neatly into the chronology. The first chapter will pertain to the 1917 general election in Imperial Germany.
What this means is- if you have something you'd like to see covered, please say so and I'll work it in!

Best,
Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth
Personally, I'm a little curious about what's going on in Britain - but you've already said yourself you're not sure what to do with them, so no pressure :)

Personally, I'm a little curious about what's going on in Britain - but you've already said yourself you're not sure what to do with them, so no pressure :)
I think the best thing to do with regards to Britain would be to have one or more smallish chapters focussing on problems in the Empire, and then have one about troubles on the island itself. I do have an end goal for Britain- what I meant with my earlier comment is that I'm unsure as to how to fit them into GWII.

There could very well be, but lets not forget,
1) Hindenburg was only one of two ships that were flying at the time, In a timeline when more ships are in the air, the chances of the public losing faith in the technology would be smaller

2) I my opinion, Hindenburg was already doomed as soon as the Nazi party was in power. Even if the disaster didn't happen, i'd say as soon as war broke out that it's a fair assumption that the ship would be dismantled for its duralumin frame work in bomber construction

3) After the R101 crash, IIRC there was a proposal for a dual-gas cell design, where one cell filled with hydrogen would be surrounded by a helium cell, so that if the hydrogen cell were to rupture, it would immediately mix with the helium, rendering it inert. IOTL, this wasn't chosen both because the USA wasn't willing to sell to the Nazi's, and because the Germans were so used to using hydrogen without any major incidents on civilian vessels (only prototypes and warships) that they felt the had the experience to subvert the danger. But, as we know, they were wrong. If you want this dual-cell idea to work, might i recommend a German ship going up in flames, but with Zeppelin operating more ships, and having friendlier relations with the USA

I think the best thing to do with regards to Britain would be to have one or more smallish chapters focussing on problems in the Empire, and then have one about troubles on the island itself. I do have an end goal for Britain- what I meant with my earlier comment is that I'm unsure as to how to fit them into GWII.

I can understand where you're coming from.

Obviously, the British lost the war and that's a bad thing. It's a major setback for the empire in terms of geopolitics - they lost a lot of goodwill and power in continental Europe. There are hundreds of thousands of dead British men and boys with little to show for it. Who knows how many millions (or billions) of pounds was also lost with no gains whatsoever. British politics is going to be playing a huge blame game and I can see many promising political careers abruptly ending in the near future. I foresee many self imposed exiles and early retirements in parliament.

On the other side, especially to the average British citizen, there really are not that many changes to their lifestyle. Britain is paying no reparations and in fact is getting a little cash from the sell of Malta to Italy. Germany very much wants Britain to be a major trade partner and, with all the territory Germany gained recently, I can see a large surge in demand for British products to aid in their consolidations. The British economy could actually do well for itself in the near future. Britain has also lost no colonies and the royal navy, their pride and joy, is still mostly intact.

The conditions that existed in France simply don't exist in the British Isles right now. I'm not saying everything will be wonderful for Albion (Ireland cough India cough South Africa) but there upcoming problems will be of a different nature to France's.

If you want this dual-cell idea to work, might i recommend a German ship going up in flames, but with Zeppelin operating more ships, and having friendlier relations with the USA
Actually, scratch that. The Navy would probably want Helium anyway as soon as Incendiary ammunition becomes well known, so the dual-cell idea might come even earlier ITTL

To want extend was the British Empire profitable? Togo was basically the only German Colony that made money. Maybe Britain could actually get rid of some colonies that are too expansive to maintain.
Right now, the British Empire is in its OTL 1914 borders less Cyprus, Malta, and British Somaliland. I don't see attitudes towards decolonisation being changed at all. France is in no position to buy colonies and London wouldn't want to sell to Berlin.

Dear readers,

Best,
Kaiser Wilhelm the Tenth
Russia is still under the Tsars right? That would be interesting to look at in some detail :)

Also a Patton cameo if you can work one in please!

Loving the timeline, keep up the great work!!

- BNC

Russia is still under the Tsars right? That would be interesting to look at in some detail :)

Also a Patton cameo if you can work one in please!

Loving the timeline, keep up the great work!!

- BNC
I have a whole Russian Civil War arc planned. It'll come along in 1918 for largely out-of-universe reasons (trying to juggle Danubia+Mexico+France and Russia would be too much).

A George Patton cameo? Consider it done.

Really great to have you here; thanks for commenting!