"Our Struggle": What If Hitler Had Been a Communist?

Deleted member 92121

is there are a story only thread
I'm afraid not. There are a lot of insightful comments here though!

I get a powerful ego boost everytime I see a bunch of notifications and they're from people reading this TL and liking a bunch of my comments I made over time.

Thou would deprive me of such a feeling with a story only thread?

Thou would dare?!

It's unfair to describe a TL as a "pain in the ass" based on assumption. Please avoid doing so in the future.
No no no you misunderstood me I do not mean the timeline and the story the author has put in is bad I have heard many great thing about and it seems very well written I was sort of half Joking it just like on the Anglo American war one for example think about how tedious it was to go from each page finding a update you see my point now? Meant no disrespect to the author or the many readers of the tl

I get a powerful ego boost everytime I see a bunch of notifications and they're from people reading this TL and liking a bunch of my comments I made over time.

Thou would deprive me of such a feeling with a story only thread?

Thou would dare?!

You're usually on the ball, it would be a shame to deprive a story-only reader of that astution.

The Red, I have finished your novel and absolutely loved it. 5/5 it on Amazon and left a review. It was very well written, intriguing, and actually got me invested. I really like Gerda, Johann, and (can’t believe I’d ever type this) Hitler.

I cannot wait for the sequel. Any idea when that could come out? I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times and apologies if you have answered this. I haven’t gone through all the pages of comments.

How far is the novel’s story when compared to the story on here?

The Red, I have finished your novel and absolutely loved it. 5/5 it on Amazon and left a review. It was very well written, intriguing, and actually got me invested. I really like Gerda, Johann, and (can’t believe I’d ever type this) Hitler.

I cannot wait for the sequel. Any idea when that could come out? I’m sure this has been asked a thousand times and apologies if you have answered this. I haven’t gone through all the pages of comments.

How far is the novel’s story when compared to the story on here?

I just saw your review there, thanks so much for the kind words! It's always a big help to the book to get a good review but the feedback is especially helpful and I'm really happy that you enjoyed it. :D

The sequel shouldn't be too long in coming, it will cover less ground but in greater detail than the first book and should be around the same length. I'm hoping for early 2019. Until then, the TL here isn't that much further along from the novel.

Caught up to the story on here. Loving it all. Can’t wait for the Communists seizure of power. (Another thing I never thought I’d type)

I can’t believe I put this off for so long.

I quickly scanned many comments but not all, but have the branch names of the German military under Comrade Hitler been discussed/mentioned?

Is it like the:
Volksarmee (People’s Army, Heer equivalent)
Volksmarine (People’s Navy, Kriegsmarine equivalent)
Luftwaffe

Also curious what would be the standard German infantry weapon. Kar98k for the first few years is a given but by the 40s I’m curious if they’ll have the StG-44 or an equivalent weapon.

Last edited:
Caught up to the story on here. Loving it all. Can’t wait for the Communists seizure of power. (Another thing I never thought I’d type)

Thanks! There's a few things to sort out before we get to that stage but to tide all you over until then I'd like to present the flag of the DAR:

37609797_10156461574497350_6233008757891137536_n.png

I quickly scanned many comments but not all, but have the branch names of the German military under Comrade Hitler been discussed/mentioned?

Is it like the:
Volksarmee (People’s Army, Heer equivalent)
Volksmarine (People’s Navy, Kriegsmarine equivalent)
Luftwaffe

Also curious what would be the standard German infantry weapon. Kar98k for the first few years is a given but by the 40s I’m curious if they’ll have the StG-44 or an equivalent weapon.

It's Luftstreitkräfte rather than Luftwaffe but other than that I haven't gotten into a lot of detail in regards the branches of the German military. The way the Rote Armee is set-up and their standard infantry weapon are actually both tied into the story later on to the extent that for me to talk about it too much just now would come across as rather spoiler-y.

Plus it's always nice when people comment on your work, ask questions, and engage with it. I enjoy writing for it's own sake but it's even more fun when you have an audience!

Totally agree, it can be an important help as well. When it's just the writer in their own head certain things can sometimes come out a bit indulgent or just incoherent whereas if there's an audience of people ready to point out the flaws or just even ask questions it usually adds significanty to the quality of the work.

flag of the DAR:
Either my eyes are playing tricks on me or that is a rifle crossed with the hammer. Even if I knew nothing else about the timeline that alone would be enough for me to be concerned about the country flying the flag, and knowing what we know I'm not sure concern goes far enough.
Plus it's always nice when people comment on your work, ask questions, and engage with it. I enjoy writing for it's own sake but it's even more fun when you have an audience!

Totally agree, it can be an important help as well. When it's just the writer in their own head certain things can sometimes come out a bit indulgent or just incoherent whereas if there's an audience of people ready to point out the flaws or just even ask questions it usually adds significanty to the quality of the work.
Can I second both of these? Even if I can't I'm going to.

Deleted member 92121

Nice interpretation but @pieman97405 was spot on. The crimson is self-explanatory, the hammer represents the worker’s power, the rifle represents the defence of the revolution, and the star represents the Spartacist origins of the revolution.
Yes, was just trying to make a joke, looking at the obvious rifle and thinking it's a shovel, which is another item of manual labor along with the hammer. Oh well, some you hit, some you miss. Maybe with the rifle I could hit the target more easly.

It's a cool flag. Makes perfect sense for Germany, especially with Hitler in charge. Very aggressive.

@The Red
You mentioned Göring isn’t the leader of the Volkisch Bund, just one of their top guys. Who is their leader? Ludendorff?

Also we know they do the Fascist salute and have blackshirts (no more SA khaki) but what is the Volkisch Bund Party symbol? Not a swastika I’m sure. Maybe... a German Eagle holding a crown to show their nationalist-monarchist leanings.