Status
Not open for further replies.
What does the average white Rhodesian think of South Africa? I’m sure there are still plenty of them who are very sympathetic to Apartheid

I reckon there is a contingent there that does, in fact, support the old regime of Southern Rhodesia, and by extension South Africa. I don't believe it would be a big group, however. Quality of life in South Africa for the non-Boer connected elite is rather quite bad, despite the propaganda which gets thrown around about the country. Life in Southern Rhodesia wasn't exceptional either - constant raids and attacks took place by guerrilla forces. Commonwealth bombings took place basically weekly over a given position, and once a day somewhere in the country. The South African support was also... lackluster shall we say. The only thing important to South Africa was, and is, South Africa. Southern Rhodesia was a chance to capture some industry, resources, and some men for free for the country. After they looted it and got the people they wanted to emigrate south, they left Southern Rhodesia to eventually die and get subsumed back into the larger Rhodesia.

Sort of sad to see the Star Spangled Banner as the American anthem ITTL. I've always preferred Hail Columbia.

The USA Box is outdated by this point. Expect a refresher in the near future!

Who is LBHS? Are they a OTL company with a different name or a completely fictional company?
The second flag looks to be he Hong Kong one so I'd guess its TTL version of HSBC? London Bank of Hong Kong and Shanghai??

Llyod's Bank of Hongkong and Shanghai. It was a merger of Lloyd's and HSBC that formed this new mega conglomerate of a bank.

Llyod's Bank of Hongkong and Shanghai. It was a merger of Lloyd's and HSBC that formed this new mega conglomerate of a bank.

eyesshaking.gif

@Kanan, may I ask you important questions on your latest post:
  • How did Russian Republic stayed for long than OTL?
  • Why did the last Russian Emperor Nicholas II and his imperial family escaped from the terrors of Russian Civil War? How did the Romanovs survived the worst terrible events?
  • How did Ukraine had turned itself into a battle zone between the Bolsheviks and the anti-Bolsheviks until 1924?
  • As for Korea, How did the Russians fight against the Japanese made Korea survived from ending up similar fate as OTL? Did Korea began transition to democracy with the help of Russian influence?
  • Speaking of Russo-Japanese War, did the Japanese unable to deal with Russian forces? Are there any campaigns along the Korean Peninsula led to distractions or Are Russian forces fared better in fight against the Japanese? How did the Japanese public deal with the impacts of Treaty of San Diego that led to Russian victory?

@Kanan I know I've commented on them before, but your custom seating chart for the Russian State Duma in that post? Absolutely perfect. I think it's little touches like that which make this entire timeline just feel more real to me. Shows definite thought about how different places are/were when it would be easy to just use a hemicycle or Westminster chart. The rest is amazing too, but those details really do blow me away.

Holy crap, it always seems that you've reached maximum awesomeness, only for you to post something that raises the bar for max awesomeness!

Quick Question: would you mind making a list of the highest grossing films of all time? I'd expect to see many from New England and maybe even 1 or 2 from Germany, though how many billion dollar films there are compared to our timeline (since Frozen 2 just reached $1 billion this weekend, there are 45 billion-dollar films) is a wild guess, as it could be more or less.

Keep up the divine works, @Kanan !

Status
Not open for further replies.