Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, if the post about the "Royal Army" is about the British Army, the British Army isn't royal like the Navy and Airforce, because the Army was formed by and answers to parliament not the monarch

Zh9BgSm.png

Glad to see in this universe that the old format survived and they don't have to deal with the filthy design that is the new reddit.

I mean, it is Charles after all, even IOTL he isn't popular.

But still, not that unpopular in Britain proper. Besides, I'm not entirely sure if he married Diana ITTL, the outcome of which played a large part in his present negative reputation. Still, it does make a certain amount of sense that more republican-leaning Realms have skewed the poll, and I doubt the Commonwealth will abandon the monarchy wholesale.

But still, not that unpopular in Britain proper. Besides, I'm not entirely sure if he married Diana ITTL, the outcome of which played a large part in his present negative reputation. Still, it does make a certain amount of sense that more republican-leaning Realms have skewed the poll, and I doubt the Commonwealth will abandon the monarchy wholesale.

Didn't see the Britain bit, was the monarchy as a whole unpopular or just Charles himself?

Well i'm sure the Commonwealth (especially Britain) won't reject Monarchism altogether (i'd say its probably Australia and New Zealand).

Even in Canada and New Zealand irl he isn't that unpopular, plus the Diana thing never happened in OFC I thought

According to the lore they were married but they divorced. I also think she's still alive but I'm not sure

Last edited:
Hello @Kanan! I am a sporadic member of this internet page, in that I sometimes forget it exist for months, and I just discovered your amazing timeline and read through it using the thread marks. I am overwhelmed by the sheer mountain of information you have created for this universe. I almost always forgot it wikipedia pages for fake as I tried unsuccessfully to open the links, stupid me. You should really be proud of your work here!! I was wondering if you could give me an short answer about how the French political situation is on the mainland, as I am sad to see we are opressing Algeria. Is Macron president? are there also gillets jaunes protests? .....
Thank you for your answer and your awesome timeline!!

Ultra monarchist party? What
Yes, in order to pacify and incorporate the newly acquired German lands after the Great War the Catholic Party used the German roots of Belgian Royalty as a selling point, essentially creating Belgian Toryism with an almost cult-like worship of the Royals. After the Catholic Party split along languages borders ultra-monarchism became the main ideology of German-speaking catholics.

Last edited:
So why one of the Milibands is the PM of Belgium?
Could be wrong, but given that David and Ed Milliband's father fled Belgium because of the threat of Nazism which does not seem to have taken root ITTL, it makes sense that the family would still be Belgian rather than British here, and Milliband Sr. was a well-known Marxist academic, so the sons probably stayed on the political left.

So why one of the Milibands is the PM of Belgium?

Could be wrong, but given that David and Ed Milliband's father fled Belgium because of the threat of Nazism which does not seem to have taken root ITTL, it makes sense that the family would still be Belgian rather than British here, and Milliband Sr. was a well-known Marxist academic, so the sons probably stayed on the political left.

@msmp is right, Miliband's father only fled to the UK when Nazi Germany invaded Belgium which did not happen so the family still is Belgian ITTL.

Status
Not open for further replies.