Status
Not open for further replies.
PP48Blh.png

Just read this lovely Wikipedia articl lead in full (possibly: again), and... I of course had heard about the Mandate of Germany, but d you have a) an administrative map of Germany (is it divided into states, counties, both, Länder, Bezirke, or something else?) and b) a wikipedia infobox/article on parties in Germany and the latest election?

Just reread the Ireland wikibox, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Sile de Valera be 17 years old when she was Taoiseach? I mean, I know she was a placeholder, but still.

After this and surviving the Kerry scandal, it seems New England Labour is indestructible as a party. BTW, what was the ultimate fate of the Reform Party NE?

The Kerry scandal was the impressive one, Labour didn't fall all that far in this election when looking at it on a vote by vote basis. The Reform Party was disbanded.

I hope that at least Labour has gone leftwards

They've stayed centre-left.

@Kanan I'm not sure if someone has asked this yet, but is there any kind of Québécois nationalist movement/party similar to the Bloc/Parti Québécois IOTL? If there is, are there any official/unofficial ties between them and the Parti Acadien?

There is, and they were detailed in the most recent Canadian election.

What has Labour done to get a lead? would have thought the Conservatives would have been well ahead still.

I’d like to chip something in regarding the most recent polling.

Hassan has generally been seen to be an above average Labour leader thus far. She challenges both the Prime Minister and Sanders well in the House of Commons, and her leadership saw a lot of party reforms implemented to try to prevent the wild breakup when Kirk was essentially ousted.

Labour are ahead, so what? Polling doesn’t really matter that much (what matters is how people vote at the next election). The Conservatives in the UK came from behind to win 3 elections - ‘87, ‘92 and 2015. In each case they outdid the opinion polls and exit polls. As Harold Wilson once said, a week is a long time in politics.

Polling this far out for an election in 2020 is kinda meaningless. And the only poll that matters is on election day.

Jeb must be feeling pretty awkward about now, huh? After Carbone’s statement it’s hard to imagine he’d stay in cabinet.

Speculation is that he will step down.

Its just surprising to see them basically double their polling in mere months. Not shocked about the SDP because Bernie in a parliamentary situation could lead to that and the SDP do sound like a mess, just never thought Labour would recover so well given how many issues they had.

Not really doubled, just shifted back in their favour. Their low seat count is really to blame on FPTP. Remember, Labour received more votes than the SDP did in the 2018 election.

What sport are the Boston Dynamics, and why are they not only moving out of Boston, but out of the country as a whole?

Their sport is robots. Haha they aren't a sports team, they are a high-tech engineering company.

I'm wondering what the stall is on the tax reform, since the Tories really need to pass it and several other big ticket items if they want to overcome this scandal

Hmm, this sounds like a good news article. Hold tight!

Just read this lovely Wikipedia articl lead in full (possibly: again), and... I of course had heard about the Mandate of Germany, but d you have a) an administrative map of Germany (is it divided into states, counties, both, Länder, Bezirke, or something else?) and b) a wikipedia infobox/article on parties in Germany and the latest election?

Sorry, I don't have anything else on Germany at the moment.

Just reread the Ireland wikibox, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't Sile de Valera be 17 years old when she was Taoiseach? I mean, I know she was a placeholder, but still.

@puerto-nic0

Regan isn't Labour leader after the general election, is he? If not and someone else has been selected I imagine the party would shift back to the left as a result. Trudeau would be a good candidate, but he lost his seat in the last election.

Regan isn't Labour leader after the general election, is he? If not and someone else has been selected I imagine the party would shift back to the left as a result. Trudeau would be a good candidate, but he lost his seat in the last election.
Maggie Hassan's leader now.

Hey, @Kanan, I'm finally breaking my silence to tell you what you already know: that this timeline is absolutely amazing. I've been following it for a couple months now and only recently joined the site because of it. As a fellow New Englander, I am astounded at the level of detail which you put into this, as well as the speed at which you produce new content. Even more than that, I am in awe at how authentic the timeline feels! You've managed to create a believable world, a feat which few Alternate History writers can pull off!
Anyways, now that that's off of my chest, I've noticed that you seem pretty chill with people contributing so long as you have the final say on canon, and I was wondering if you would mind if I wrote a story, or even a serialized set of stories, taking place in this universe. Obviously I wouldn't write anything which is timeline-altering, or even really try to act like it's canon. And I could run it/them by you first to make sure that nothing conflicts, as I would want to make it as accurate as possible.
Thanks again for being awesome! :)

Hey, @Kanan, I'm finally breaking my silence to tell you what you already know: that this timeline is absolutely amazing. I've been following it for a couple months now and only recently joined the site because of it. As a fellow New Englander, I am astounded at the level of detail which you put into this, as well as the speed at which you produce new content. Even more than that, I am in awe at how authentic the timeline feels! You've managed to create a believable world, a feat which few Alternate History writers can pull off!
Anyways, now that that's off of my chest, I've noticed that you seem pretty chill with people contributing so long as you have the final say on canon, and I was wondering if you would mind if I wrote a story, or even a serialized set of stories, taking place in this universe. Obviously I wouldn't write anything which is timeline-altering, or even really try to act like it's canon. And I could run it/them by you first to make sure that nothing conflicts, as I would want to make it as accurate as possible.
Thanks again for being awesome! :)

Welcome aboard!! Thank you so much for the kind words, and I'm so glad to have you as a reader and a follower! I truly wish I was better at producing content, but I should be back to normal in the next few weeks!!!

Regardless, thank you again. I strive for authenticity and it makes me so happy to see that some people also are able to see this.

That being said, of course! I am always happy to accept contributions. I've only very rarely shot things down or modified them. Please, feel free to DM me and talk about what you wanna do, or just show me the first drafts or whatever to make sure everything works with the lore (I have a ton of unpublished lore so it's always good to check).

I look forward to seeing whatever you have! :extremelyhappy:

Welcome aboard!! Thank you so much for the kind words, and I'm so glad to have you as a reader and a follower! I truly wish I was better at producing content, but I should be back to normal in the next few weeks!!!

Regardless, thank you again. I strive for authenticity and it makes me so happy to see that some people also are able to see this.

That being said, of course! I am always happy to accept contributions. I've only very rarely shot things down or modified them. Please, feel free to DM me and talk about what you wanna do, or just show me the first drafts or whatever to make sure everything works with the lore (I have a ton of unpublished lore so it's always good to check).

I look forward to seeing whatever you have! :extremelyhappy:

Me when @Kanan replies:

Yay!

I'll get to work right away, and DM you with a bit of an elaboration on what I'm going for. I'm a fairly slow human being, so it might be a little while, but I'll do my best to get it done fairly quickly!

EDIT: Quick question: how stringent is border security with the US and Canada in New England. Is it like get out of your car, hand in your passport, say business or pleasure, and go on your way? Or do they search your bags etc?

Last edited:
*sweats nervously*
That’s very true, thank you for pointing that out. I think when coming up with the list of Taoisigh I didn’t realize how comparatively young Síle De Valera was when entering politics in the late 70s. While entering the Dáil in your 20s isn’t uncommon, five or six years earlier certainly would be highly unusual. While fitting the role of placeholder Taoiseach would’ve been fine in one’s mid-20s, even a De Valera probably wouldn’t be given the approval at age 17. Given she was serving until 2004, that probably should’ve clicked sooner.

An alternate switcheroo here could’ve been Dev’s daughter (and Síle’s mother) Máirin De Valera. She fits the same distractionary boxes as Síle, especially were she elected to the Dáil in her later years.

4-234 sounds worst than the OTL Brexit deal result. Good god!
Also, Carborne needs to sort things out immediately, or else she'll be one of the shortest reigning PM's ever.

4-234 sounds worst than the OTL Brexit deal result. Good god!
Also, Carborne needs to sort things out immediately, or else she'll be one of the shortest reigning PM's ever.

A Private Member's Bill is not the same as a Government bill. An SDP backbencher put forward a proposal that was voted down, he demanded a division, and this was the result.

Pure awesomeness

Ironic, East Prussia was saved from communist 70 years ago by the commonwealth, and today they elect communists...

the "UN council passes annual condemnation of France over Algeria; France again vetos" cracks me up

"Filter South Africa" Instead of "Filter Israel"... Scary, although i guess the israeli-palestinian conflict is even worse ITTL with how rogue israel is, but compared to genocidal RSA i guess they hear them less...

Uh oh the balkans don't sound nice at all.. All the border clashes in eastern europe seem scary

The fact that Prussia was the first democratically-elected Communist government tells us a lot about this world's history (i.e no Salvador Allende in Chile or CPI(M) in Kerala and West Bengal)

Status
Not open for further replies.