Status
Not open for further replies.
If there even was such a game, as the HoI series is based on OTL’s World War 2, which does not happen at all ITTL.
However, there is the Soviet-German War and the German Civil War and Soviet Civil War. I believe it has also been hinted at that the eastern bloc of the Cold War was established through a Soviet invasion so there's still plenty of content, it would just be several separate smaller conflicts. Maybe it would be a bit like Kaiserreich where there's several conflicts (mostly syndicalist uprisings, although the 2nd American Civil War immediately comes to mind) before the big climax.

However, there is the Soviet-German War and the German Civil War and Soviet Civil War. I believe it has also been hinted at that the eastern bloc of the Cold War was established through a Soviet invasion so there's still plenty of content, it would just be several separate smaller conflicts. Maybe it would be a bit like Kaiserreich where there's several conflicts (mostly syndicalist uprisings, although the 2nd American Civil War immediately comes to mind) before the big climax.

Maybe this version of HOI would have aspects of CK with how its contained to Europe for the most part.

Now I'm interested in the Latin Monetary Union.

As others have said, it is pretty much the revival of the first failed attempted in the 19th century. It composes France, Spain, Italy, Tunisia, Greece, and Romania.

Say @Kanan, do you have an updated map of French-speakers in both Canada and New England?

I don't :( I am working on an ethnic map of North America however!

The most surprising thing to me is the complete lack of off hour time zones

Off hour timezones are evil and should be banned.

Are there any major territorial claims in Europe that havent already been discussed (Northern Ireland)? For example, does Romania claim Transylvania, does Greece claim Southern Bulgaria (OTL Northern Greece), does Poland claim East Prussia, does Italy claim Istria, etc...

Northern Ireland is still claimed by Ireland. Romania still claims Transylvania, Greece still claims all of southern Bulgaria and areas of Turkey. Italy still lays claim to parts of Austria and Croatia, Lithuania claims Vilnus, but Poland has settled border issues with Germany. The Soviet Union also claims ethnic Byelorussian and Ukrainian areas in Poland, which also extends to land claims in Turkey.

when exactly is the New England election by the way?

16 September 2018

What was the last election to the Bundesversammlung like? What were the main parties?

There are no elections to the Bundesversammlung. They are appointed by national legislatures. Part of the reason why Belgium left is because Germany is seeking to democratise it and make it a functioning transnational parliament.

:( Serbian PM asassinated

Womp womp.

I'm still wondering what idiot politician decided the Zollverein flag should have a map on it. It's one of the crimes against vexillolatry!

Edit: in fact I'm wondering how that flag came to be. OTL when the EEC became the EU it adopted the flag of the Council of Europe, a similar design was used for the Western European Union that evolved from the Western Union aka Brussels Treaty Organisation that preceded NATO.
TTL the flag would likely have been formed after the German Civil War and expansion of the Zv to non former empire states (previously the customs mark would have included the reichsadler).
Blue would be a natural colour versus the Communist/Soviet Red but the design seems odd. I could possibly see them coming to same conclusion of using 12 points to represent unity in the way a clockface does and I could see the customs mark using a map but fully converting the customs mark to flag seems odd.

And a summary:

View attachment 402511

Please comment!

EDIT: just to be clear, these are suggestions, not a replacement of Kanan's work. Since I've managed to confuse some people I'll hold off until Kanan herself comments or makes requests.

Top right is the best one. And sadly, there needs to be 13 objects. While that is fine what the EEC decided to adopt but... this isn't the EEC. Up until now, they have simply added another... element to the flag when needed. The German Eagle is domineering, I would imagine this would have been an older flag, but something else would have been chosen in order to show the unity of the union (which, after all, is only about trade and a single market). This is why a map was chosen instead.

My problem with all of those is that I feel like the eagle is a little too on the nose about German dominance. The existing flag shows a union of countries, Germany as well as everyone else. The eagle seems to state that Germany is the dominant country presiding over the others.

This.

Thanks.

Well it is the Zollverein. Only stopped being German after their Civil War. The Reichsadler has been recoloured in "European Blue" and isn't crowned so it's not German/Austrian but European.

I basically went: it's a customs union, what's on the money?
I got a little obsessed making exactly 12 oak leaves. Might have a play tomorrow shrinking them down abit!

There is a standard Reichsmark that is produced by the German central bank that is quite bland, and is widely circulated in

Has a full list of Governors General been assembled? I know that several of them have been mentioned here and there.

Kinda

Imagine if WWIII (I think they'd just call it the Second Great War in OFC) began in this timeline. That would be a really big change of tone.

Actually, @Kanan, did the Great War start the same way ITTL as it did in OTL?

Luckily, it won't.

The Great War started in the same way. The events of North America did not have a major impact on the affairs of Europe prior to the Great War.

The ending, on the other hand...

no offence, but in my opinion don't think your allowed to make chances just because you don't like something... it is Kanan's vision after all.

I welcome suggestions, and I agree the tone might have been a bit aggressive but it's fine. It's the internet, after all :)

Is there still Epic Rap Battles of History? Is there still Hearts of Iron 4?

Yes and no. There are no games centred on World War II, because that does not exist.

HOI4 would be a rather different game ITTL.

It simply doesn't exist.

Sure, but the United States wasn't involved in any of these. It would not be a very big game in the American-centric game industry. It would be popular in the Commonwealth, however.

What about the Pacific War? I think it was mentioned that Japan and the US went to war ITTL.

Games about the Pacific War would be very popular, including island hopping and the invasion of the Japanese home isles.

Top right is the best one
Cheers!
And sadly, there needs to be 13 objects.
Ah, so unlike OTL the stars (or whatever) represent members?
but something else would have been chosen in order to show the unity of the union (which, after all, is only about trade and a single market)
The eagle was strongly about unity, being an old Roman symbol of imperium.
This is why a map was chosen instead.
But maps have issues with contested borders and any alteration has to update the flag. It's worse than the US Stars.
The odd flag that uses maps OTL has very specific reasons why. Customs unions tend not to fit these.

Is there a unity symbol you'd prefer? I could have a play around if you'd like (and if other people don't see it as being aggressive ;))?

(Edited for drunken grammar)

Last edited:
Where does it say the Serbian PM was assassinated

Here, on the red banner.

tdPFnvj.png

What is the reichsmark to the dollar? Is egypt richer ITTL? Is Israel richer ITTL? Where does it say the Serbian PM was assassinated

Well I can infer about the two about Egypt and Israel. Egypt lacks the Suez so probably isn’t richer, but also I think it more stable so possibly it evens out. Israel as essentially a pariah state led by a totalitarian regime is almost certainly worse off than in OTL. Though using “richer” to describe countries may be a bit of a simplification.

@Kanan - What's the history of air travel between New England and the United Kingdom?

JS80778966.jpg

(For those that don't know, that is not New York in the background, it is Boston)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.