Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only the Mayapan is a federation.
So those are all sovereign nations? (Whatever that means in a world where European state-concepts don't predominate...) I was initially thinking "united states of Mesoamerica" because the range in sizes seems too small. Sure, there are a number of small states, but no micro-states and a lot of mid-sized states, Hungaries and Denmarks and Romanias, but no Frances or Germanies or Spains, so to speak.

1D468ED7-CE16-4F21-85B2-BDFD5C0CFB29.png

Pseudo-OTL map of New England and Acadia in 1650 as part of my timeline The Free North and the Home of the Brave. Timeline begins diverging around 1581 with the acquisition of Newfoundland by Portugal as part of the colony of Cabotia, with things slowly diverging from there.

Part of the plan for the future is to have Swedish and Dutch presence stronger than in OTL, perhaps necessitating the lengthening of New Netherland's and New Sweden's existence compared to OTL.

Last edited:
working on an AU map of my own version of Steven Universe's Earth before the Gems arrived.
SUEartha5.png

I have two question before I make any further moves

- Are there any Worlda Maps depicting Micronesia and two continents?

- What heck is the Tunguska sea supposed to be? A natural inland sea or an artifical Gem construct? I'm torn over what it's supposed to be. I was thinking of putting a lost continent there (Buyan/Bujan), but I'm not making any further moves till the tunguska sea matter is put to rest.

- What heck is the Tunguska sea supposed to be? A natural inland sea or an artifical Gem construct? I'm torn over what it's supposed to be. I was thinking of putting a lost continent there (Buyan/Bujan), but I'm not making any further moves till the tunguska sea matter is put to rest.
Given that in the video game there was a portal there I'm willing to wager it's a Gem construct.

Given that in the video game there was a portal there I'm willing to wager it's a Gem construct.
Apparently, that's where the Galaxy Warp is.

I thought it was the site of the Gems boring through the earth to implant the Cluster in the Earth's core

The numbers are actually correct.
Its my map's graphs that are actually less than clear in terms of colour. The large percentage that looks like the Hesperides/Americas is actually Poland, shown for scale as compared to the rest of the world.

One of the concepts I wanted to show on this map was a world without the holocaust. This comes with a double edged sword of increased anti-Semitism.

And you are actually correct. Poland's population is actually about a quarter Jewish. This high percentage is a product of a number of factors related to this world - but the short answer is immigration of Jews into Poland and the emigration of catholics out of the country. These include:
  • Poland having had a more successful history, not having been partitioned. The Jagiellonian dynasty lasted longer, and for a time even succeeded in subduing large parts of Russia.
  • Russia eventually threw the Poles out, and eventual dynastic troubles caused a pseudo-French revolution in Poland. This in turn led to an early emancipation of the Jews within Poland and their early incorporation into Polish secular civil society.
  • Poland thus continued to maintain its reputation as Paradisus Judaeorum and thus attract immigrants from other parts of Europe.
  • Polish anti-clericalism also encouraged many catholic Poles and greek catholic Ruthenians to emigrate to the Hesperides (Americas).
While 15 million is high (it is about OTL's Jewish population today post-Holocaust), I believe it could be possible. Prior to World War 2 OTL, the second Polish republic had about 3 million Jews, while the Soviet Union had 2.5. Additionally, the Americas had about 5 million Jews, most of which I believe emigrated from Eastern Europe and Russia in particular. Since most of Russia's Jews originated in the pale of settlement, which in turn was essentially Russia's part of the Polish partition. Thus, absent push and pull factors drawing people to the America's, it looked like around 8 million Jews had their origins in the old Polish Lithuanian commonweath.

Thus, in a world where Poland did better, and maintained and grew its Jewish population (while avoiding OTL's demographic disasters of OTL's 20th century), I think 15 million could be plausible. I do copt to it being a large number though.

The Hesperides is primarily Roman Catholic, and hasn't actively encouraged Jewish settlement (with the exception of what we would consider the Canadian prairie provinces). The Jewish population in the Hesperides is primarily of Portuguese and Spanish Sephardi descent.

As to western Europe, that is the newest variation of the Holy Roman Empire, built from the foundation of an Anglo-French union (the primary important part here is that Henry V's victory eliminated French Salic inheritance to the throne). It is an (un)holy mix of European union, military alliance under a shared catholic dynasty.
Is that a north sea empire with England, Norway and Denmark I see?

Last edited:
Hi everyone! I, unexpectedly, managed to finish my recent WIP and here it is. In this timeline, emperor Constantine never conquers the East and instead consolidates his rule in the West. This results in the survival of the Western Empire for longer than the Eastern Empire, and a far different religious makeup for the Roman world. Without the control of the whole empire Contantine is unable to build an environment that allowed Christianity to prosper. Hence, while it is still a major religion in this TL, Christianity is not dominant in Europe. The lack of Christian domination will form the backbone of the narrative of this TL (which I am going to make more media for), as without the influence of the Church the politics of the whole of Italy and Europe are dramatically shifted.

While this is in no way a good write-up, I am planning to make an actual thread for this TL in the recent future. Of course questions, comments and criticisms are all welcome!

830 ad.png

Hi everyone! I, unexpectedly, managed to finish my recent WIP and here it is. In this timeline, emperor Constantine never conquers the East and instead consolidates his rule in the West. This results in the survival of the Western Empire for longer than the Eastern Empire, and a far different religious makeup for the Roman world. Without the control of the whole empire Contantine is unable to build an environment that allowed Christianity to prosper. Hence, while it is still a major religion in this TL, Christianity is not dominant in Europe. The lack of Christian domination will form the backbone of the narrative of this TL (which I am going to make more media for), as without the influence of the Church the politics of the whole of Italy and Europe are dramatically shifted.

While this is in no way a good write-up, I am planning to make an actual thread for this TL in the recent future. Of course questions, comments and criticisms are all welcome!

View attachment 737836
does the red line indicate the silk road?

Made a revised draft of the Steven Universe basemap made sometime in the past, now using Zauberfloete's otl basemap as a basis..
View attachment 737785
That's cool,!

then i dont know what to even put there since this map I'm making is set before the gems came.
Potentially interesting.
I thought it was the site of the Gems boring through the earth to implant the Cluster in the Earth's core
Didn't they do that near the Kindergarten or at least somewhere in North America?
still dont have my answer, should i remove it or leave it? Because this is an AU Map set before the Gems arrived.
Up to you.
I'm afraid of moving forward with whatever decisiopn about it without a number of fans telling me it's wrong.
No matter what you post / create / etc about a fandom (especially, some might say, Steven Universe!), if you put it on the internet, someone is going to think it's wrong. Anyway, it's an AU. Personally, if I end up disliking your project, I probably won't say so.

That's cool,!

Potentially interesting.

Didn't they do that near the Kindergarten or at least somewhere in North America?

Up to you.

No matter what you post / create / etc about a fandom (especially, some might say, Steven Universe!), if you put it on the internet, someone is going to think it's wrong. Anyway, it's an AU. Personally, if I end up disliking your project, I probably won't say so.
so in your case, is the tunguska sea created by gems or naturally oiccuring?

Status
Not open for further replies.