Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because its non-Han population is pretty much non-existent
I would believe that for most, though perhaps not Yunnan. Though I suppose that, while IOTL those make up a lot of the population, they will be in enough groups that they are not a real threat to Chinese rule. You got any set ideas on how many countries are in Southeast Asia? I am guessing Thailand have not annexed what remains of Indochina, or they would have been given a mention, if only because there would be very few candidates left for being Chinese satellites if it was just them and Indonesia down there.

Barring any major issues this is the finished VT Bam Map of 1560

7A5lRib.png
Sticht Utrecht and Oversticht were not seperate identities. Should be green.

View attachment 838420
Doing some mapping. Can you guess what is being mapped over here?
1687293772207.png

Some additions in Central Europe, the Caucasus and the Levant.

As for Syria, I think I must explain:
Mount Lebanon and surrounding regions are Maronite Catholics. Melkite Catholics (i.e. Antiochian Rite Catholics who split from Antiochian Orthodox) can be found in areas adjacent to the Maronite Heartland plus the region to the east of Goaln Heights. Syriac Catholics can be found in Palmyra (blue), while Chaldean Catholics in the southern outskirts of Damascus

Antiochian Orthodox can be found in Damascus and the Syrian littoral (teal)
Syriac Orthodox can be found chiefly in Hasakeh province (northeast Syria) and two enclaves in central Syria to the northwest of Palmyra.
Assyrian Church of the East only in one small enclave in NE Syria.

Armenian Orthodox can be found along the Euphrates river from Aleppo all the way to the Iraqi border, plus the town of Kessab near Antioch plus two place in Lebanon.

Last edited:
Is "Post-Napoleonic" a thing?

poland 1902.png

I wanted to go for a mix of Napoleonic and 1920s borders. Not a lot of lore, but Prussia and Austria lose again, Russia sits out and is left alone, and the Electors of Saxony maintains their rule over Poland.

View attachment 839016

Mount Lebanon and surrounding regions are Maronite Catholics. Melkite Catholics (i.e. Antiochian Rite Catholics who split from Antiochian Orthodox) can be found in areas adjacent to the Maronite Heartland plus the region to the east of Goaln Heights. Syriac Catholics can be found in Palmyra (blue), while Chaldean Catholics in the southern outskirts of Damascus

Syriac Orthodox can be found chiefly in Hasakeh province (northeast Syria) and two enclaves in central Syria to the northwest of Palmyra.

Armenian Orthodox can be found along the Euphrates river from Aleppo all the way to the Iraqi border, plus the town of Kessab near Antioch plus two place in Lebanon.
Really interesting how you can see the really old Prussian border (with the gap in the middle of what later became East Prussia).

View attachment 839016

Good God... How long did Hungary and Slovakia take you? :)

Is "Post-Napoleonic" a thing?

View attachment 839018

I wanted to go for a mix of Napoleonic and 1920s borders. Not a lot of lore, but Prussia and Austria lose again, Russia sits out and is left alone, and the Electors of Saxony maintains their rule over Poland.
Shame Austria isn’t called the Kingdom of Bohemia here. What is withthe German-French border? I know the little loop did happen, but the much straighter lines nearby it seem too deliberately down to be a mistake, but I cannot imagine why people would put borders like that. How Romania end up with Transcarpathian Ruthenia? Did Transylvania join with Moldavia and Wallachia early on as an equal member and retain or regain control of it?

Shame Austria isn’t called the Kingdom of Bohemia here. What is withthe German-French border? I know the little loop did happen, but the much straighter lines nearby it seem too deliberately down to be a mistake, but I cannot imagine why people would put borders like that. How Romania end up with Transcarpathian Ruthenia? Did Transylvania join with Moldavia and Wallachia early on as an equal member and retain or regain control of it?
My thinking was that Austria is the remnants of the "Habsburg Empire" but they might indeed switch their primary title to be Bohemia.

The Franco-German border I copied from a Wikipedia map of Napoleonic France at its height. Territories in northern Germany were lost, but I left the Rhenish border as it was. I don't know the details of it.

Romania was formed by Wallachia taking Moldavia and then invading the Habsburgs in the middle of a civil war to get Transylvania. Transcarpathian Ruthenia was taken as the historical province of Maramaros but i didn't do the borders quite right.

Status
Not open for further replies.