Map Thread XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
1650993549101.png
tried and failed. im fine with paintz.

Zimbabdobiebap.png

Here's a wanked Korea that has a kink for taigas and tundras.
  • Upon the fall of the Yuan Dynasty, Goryeo turned into Joseon and subjgated the Jurchen tribes across the border.
  • Joseon also occupied the Liaodong Peninsula/Province.
  • The newly christened Ming Dynasty demanded the Liaodong territory back.
  • Joseon refused, triggering the 1st Ming-Joseon War which ends in Joseon's victory (I know this is very ASB, let's just say the Jurchen/Manchu's were affective as the Jin/Qing times) and the border being drawn at the Great Wall.
  • High on expansionism, Joseon pushed northwards, subjgating tungustic tribes on land and landing and settling the islands of Hwataedo (Sakhalin) and Hokdo (Hokkaido) at sea.
  • Joseon's expansion north was spearheaded by the Jurchen people (TTL's Korean cossacks) who got into the lucrative trade of furs, and so the Jurchen kept pushing farther north/northwest in the pursuit of furs with Korean forts and settlers trailing behind them.
  • The Joseon settlers on Hwataedo & Hokdo not only got into the trade of furs, but also fishing, whaling, and sealing, which had them follow the Kuril Islands up to the Koryak Peninsula.
  • Joseon's northwestern expansion was halted by the territories of the Uzbek, Kazakh, and Sibir Khanates, and the natural border of the Northern Ural Mountains.
    • Across the Khanate of Sibir, Joseon made contact with the Russian Empire and began trading furs with them.
  • A Joseon fishing ship got blown east by strong winds where it landed on a mysterious land named Fusan.
    • This minor discovery was largely ignored until the Spanish came with New World crops and talk of a land "between Asia & Europe".
  • Joseon vassalized the Northern Yuan<Mongolia, which brought them into conflict with the Dzungar Khanate, which led to a series of brutal wars that ended in Dzungaria being vassalized (but not genocided).
  • (Since this is a wank) Joseon managed to win consecutive wars against Ming China, and with this military experience the Imjin War was no where as devastating as OTL.
  • With news of the Americas existing, Joseon fur hunters sailed east and began setting up shop along the northwestern coast of North America, with the Joseon government & military following after.
  • Joseon fur hunters crossed the Rockies and reached the Nelson River.
  • -Time Jump-
  • The Empire of Korea was neutral in World War 1, it didn't even intervene in the Russian Civil War, though it did get a whole load of Russian refugees from it.
  • Korea was neutral in World War 2, until it was attacked by Japan (which was staged by Korea to not have a fully American occupied Japan at it's throat) and invaded said country while invading China to neutralize it's warlords and instate the Chinese Republic.
    • Korea gained Daeman (Taiwan) from Japan.
  • Korea was "neutral" (as in it's own faction) in the Cold War, seen as a friendly gigantic buffer state between the USSR and USA. It held it's own sphere of influence in Eastern Central Asia (Mongolia, Dzungaria, Tibet), China, Japan, Ryukyu, and Vietnam.
  • Korea at the present is called the "Silent Superpower" cause it doesn't output it's influence as much as Russia, China, and the USA (in truth it's mostly focused on holding itself together more than anything).

Does https://www.flickr.com/ work?

I remember Sarthaka using it to host pictures. But I don't know if that had to do anything with size or something else.

Maybe Pinterest too?
Neither Pinterest or Flickr work.
The real question is why can't you upload a PNG of a Worlda? I have uploaded countless of those directly to AH with no problem.

Just to prove it, here's a WIP I may finish one day.

View attachment 736893
I don't think I have ever tried uploading worlda as png. I have tried using mapchart as png, but my guess is that there was just too much stuff on the Wargames map mode to be png, so i had to use screenshots which made it jpeg.

Respublica Christiana: the Roman Empire from 1087-~1500
1650991609756.png

Respublica Christiana is a historiographic term for the period from 1087 to roughly year 1500 where the Roman Empire's senate elected emperors from among themselves, usually the heads of patrician families from Pisa, Ancona, Venice, Ragusa, and Ravenna. This era succeeded the Empress era from 904-960, where women held unprecedented power and during the reigns of empresses Mariuccia (928-937) and Augusta (945-960) reigned as Roman empresses, the Mancini dynasty from 960-1014, and the Castrensi dynasty from 1015-1086. The last Castrensi Emperor, Silvestre II (1050-1086) ordered the Great Crusade of 1066 on behalf of the Pope to help the Pizenacs and the secure the Levant and more importantly to Roman history, granted the Senate, previously a assembly of nobles whose sole power was to give petitions to the Emperor from themselves, the right to elect the Roman emperor from their own, ending the hegemony of landowning families from Latium. With the flood of wealth and culture to the coastal cities due to the opening of trade with the Near East and the Silk Road, the patrician class rose in power. The first post-Castriensi Emperor, Leone V (1086-1100, Ancona), was from Ancona and of a wealthy family.

With the newfound wealth of the Roman Empire, a new phase of expansionism began. Emperor Raniero (1100-1119, Pisa), declared himself King of Italy in response to Italy's extended interregnum. This began a 170 year struggle between the Kings of Italy and the Kings of Sicily and the Roman emperors usually called the Usurpation Conflicts. the Kingdom of Italy split between two different factions, the pro-Roman Aquile and the Pro-Milanese Corone with fiefs splitting allegiance, but the main cities of Aquile alliegiance were Genoa, Verona, Modena, Siena, and Lucca. The Kingdom of Sicily was brought into the struggle when Gandolfo I marched an army into Rome, forcing the Emperor to acknowledge him as King of Sicily. His elevation to Caesar of the Orient increased the rivalry between the Sicilians and the Romans. His successor Osmondo the Good's open support of the Corone caused a split in the nobility of the Kingdom of Sicily. the mainland nobility grew pro-Roman, while the multiconfessional island nobility supported the pro-Italian position. In 1208, in the midst of a succession dispute, Roman emperor Bertrando (1197-1220, Venice) declared himself King of Sicily with the help of the nobility of the mainland.

The Mongol Invasions of Europe devastated large parts of Europe, most notably annihilating the medieval kingdoms of Uzia (1242), Poland (1241), the Sclaves (1230), and the much of the Balkans (1250s). The Mongols formed the Blue Horde from the ashes of their Central European domain. The Po Valley was devastated during an invasion, and both the Kingdom of Italy and the Roman Empire became a tributary to the Great Khan. This put a temporary halt to the conflicts between the Italians and the Romans. In 1253, Emperor Vittorio II (1243-1261, Ravenna) declared himself king of Arberia and began an extensive operation to conquer the warring tribes. Years of grievances with the emperors in Sicily boiled over in 1274, when on All Saint's Day after the Isha prayer, citizens of Palermo armed themselves and killed their gubernator. the rebellion, dubbed the Sicillan Iscia or the All Saint's Day revolt, rapidly spread to other cities in the isle. Riccardo of Patti, a peasant, was declared King and Caid Riccardo I of Sicily by the populace. In 1285 a peace deal was made by the Romans, splitting the old kingdom of Sicily in two: the island the Kingdom of Trinacria and the mainland the Kingdom of Samnium. the struggle between the Italians and the Romans came to a close in 1289 with the Battle of Pavia, where the King of Italy Rodolfo IV gave up his crown to the Emperor.

View attachment 736844
Here's a wanked Korea that has a kink for taigas and tundras.
  • Upon the fall of the Yuan Dynasty, Goryeo turned into Joseon and subjgated the Jurchen tribes across the border.
  • Joseon also occupied the Liaodong Peninsula/Province.
  • The newly christened Ming Dynasty demanded the Liaodong territory back.
  • Joseon refused, triggering the 1st Ming-Joseon War which ends in Joseon's victory (I know this is very ASB, let's just say the Jurchen/Manchu's were affective as the Jin/Qing times) and the border being drawn at the Great Wall.
  • High on expansionism, Joseon pushed northwards, subjgating tungustic tribes on land and landing and settling the islands of Hwataedo (Sakhalin) and Hokdo (Hokkaido) at sea.
  • Joseon's expansion north was spearheaded by the Jurchen people (TTL's Korean cossacks) who got into the lucrative trade of furs, and so the Jurchen kept pushing farther north/northwest in the pursuit of furs with Korean forts and settlers trailing behind them.
  • The Joseon settlers on Hwataedo & Hokdo not only got into the trade of furs, but also fishing, whaling, and sealing, which had them follow the Kuril Islands up to the Koryak Peninsula.
  • Joseon's northwestern expansion was halted by the territories of the Uzbek, Kazakh, and Sibir Khanates, and the natural border of the Northern Ural Mountains.
    • Across the Khanate of Sibir, Joseon made contact with the Russian Empire and began trading furs with them.
  • A Joseon fishing ship got blown east by strong winds where it landed on a mysterious land named Fusan.
    • This minor discovery was largely ignored until the Spanish came with New World crops and talk of a land "between Asia & Europe".
  • Joseon vassalized the Northern Yuan<Mongolia, which brought them into conflict with the Dzungar Khanate, which led to a series of brutal wars that ended in Dzungaria being vassalized (but not genocided).
  • (Since this is a wank) Joseon managed to win consecutive wars against Ming China, and with this military experience the Imjin War was no where as devastating as OTL.
  • With news of the Americas existing, Joseon fur hunters sailed east and began setting up shop along the northwestern coast of North America, with the Joseon government & military following after.
  • Joseon fur hunters crossed the Rockies and reached the Nelson River.
  • -Time Jump-
  • The Empire of Korea was neutral in World War 1, it didn't even intervene in the Russian Civil War, though it did get a whole load of Russian refugees from it.
  • Korea was neutral in World War 2, until it was attacked by Japan (which was staged by Korea to not have a fully American occupied Japan at it's throat) and invaded said country while invading China to neutralize it's warlords and instate the Chinese Republic.
    • Korea gained Daeman (Taiwan) from Japan.
  • Korea was "neutral" (as in it's own faction) in the Cold War, seen as a friendly gigantic buffer state between the USSR and USA. It held it's own sphere of influence in Eastern Central Asia (Mongolia, Dzungaria, Tibet), China, Japan, Ryukyu, and Vietnam.
  • Korea at the present is called the "Silent Superpower" cause it doesn't output it's influence as much as Russia, China, and the USA (in truth it's mostly focused on holding itself together more than anything).
Cool, but you really committed a holocaust on all the butterflies. It's rather unlikely for WW1 in it's historical state, let alone the Cold War, to occur with a POD as far back as the Yuan dynasty. Although I suppose it's not my place to judge - if it's better for the map, go ahead.

So the north American parts are, I assume, integral parts of Korea proper? Hmm, If it's modernized up to first-world-equivalent status, the Koreans may well have the population base to compete as a third superpower in this world's cold war... (China? Not really. they had like a economy smaller than Canada up until the 1990s - that's how phenomenal Deng's reforms were!)

(Not to mention you took away both Siberia from the USSR, and the pacific Northwest from the Americans - also, if Korea has the bomb, it's great size probably means it has the range to bomb both the USSR and the USA from the get go - no ICBMs needed. Which, again, adds a point to it's superpower status.)

Last edited:
mapofkings-png.730757

Please don't ask what the POD is, I've not the foggiest idea.

The British Commonwealth of Nations is restricted to those countries which have retained the British Crown as Head of State. Thus, the members of the British Commonwealth are, not counting the UK and its overseas counties*, as follows: the Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Canada, The Gambia, Sierra Leone, Ghana, Nigeria, South Africa, Zimbabwe Rhodesia, KwaZulu-Natal, Kenya, Mauritius, Seychelles, Sri Lanka, Hong Kong, Singapore, Papua New Guinea, Australia, New Zealand, Solomon Islands, Tuvalu, and Fiji.

The overseas counties include the County of the South Atlantic, the County of Gibraltar, the County of Malta, the County of Alexandria and Suez, and the County of the West Indies.

LUXSO.png

The 2022 German Invasion of Luxembourg, also known as the Second Luxembourg Crisis or simply the Luxembourg War, is an ongoing conflict between the Republic of Luxembourg and the German Federation (Austro-German Democratic Federation). Luxembourg was apart of the former 'All German Democratic Soviet Confederation' following the Soviet liberation of the Rhine and the end of the Second World War and has always been a problem for Soviet occupiers, Stalin famously calling it a 'stubborn little rock'. With the collapse of the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact in 2003, Luxembourg broke away from the AGDSC and quickly embraced western democracy but did not join the Atlantic Organization. The tensions following the new German Federation and Luxembourg where immediate as the GF claimed Luxembourg as 'German'.

In 2022 the United States, France, the British Republic, Belgium, and the Netherlands stood on the side of Luxembourg during a border skirmish between LHDF (Luxembourgish Homeland Defense Force) and the CAF (Confederation Armed Forces) which gave Vienna justification to invade the tiny republic. Believing the small microstate would collapse in days, they took a similar approach that Imperial and Nazi Germany had, though forgetting about the decades of not only Soviet buildup but AO cooperation and training which lead to the small nation trouncing a larger foe.

Yeah, some Luxembourg wank, it's not a good map but I had the idea since I saw that Russia-Latvia war map in the style of the Russo-Ukrainian War.

LUXSO.png

The 2022 German Invasion of Luxembourg, also known as the Second Luxembourg Crisis or simply the Luxembourg War, is an ongoing conflict between the Republic of Luxembourg and the German Federation (Austro-German Democratic Federation). Luxembourg was apart of the former 'All German Democratic Soviet Confederation' following the Soviet liberation of the Rhine and the end of the Second World War and has always been a problem for Soviet occupiers, Stalin famously calling it a 'stubborn little rock'. With the collapse of the Soviet Union and Warsaw Pact in 2003, Luxembourg broke away from the AGDSC and quickly embraced western democracy but did not join the Atlantic Organization. The tensions following the new German Federation and Luxembourg where immediate as the GF claimed Luxembourg as 'German'.

In 2022 the United States, France, the British Republic, Belgium, and the Netherlands stood on the side of Luxembourg during a border skirmish between LHDF (Luxembourgish Homeland Defense Force) and the CAF (Confederation Armed Forces) which gave Vienna justification to invade the tiny republic. Believing the small microstate would collapse in days, they took a similar approach that Imperial and Nazi Germany had, though forgetting about the decades of not only Soviet buildup but AO cooperation and training which lead to the small nation trouncing a larger foe.

Yeah, some Luxembourg wank, it's not a good map but I had the idea since I saw that Russia-Latvia war map in the style of the Russo-Ukrainian War.
That's a nice encirclement in the north.

Man, this is really a Luxembourg wank if they manage to fend off literally Germany with only like 500,000 people protecting a country several times smaller than Hawaii... that, or perhaps modern-day Germans just really suck at war :coldsweat:

I updated my medieval America world, namely in South America. Credit to @Foony-mick for the map of South America I used as a base for it
View attachment 736685

And for reference, the whole map of the Western Hemisphere in this world
View attachment 736686
wow, all I can say is that your north American was better than mine I don't mind the changes you made since you seem like a better mapper than me. but thanks for crediting me and using my map. I was planning to make short stories around the map but never got around to it

This is a map of the Yahuda (Judea) Eyalet of the Ottoman Empire in the year 1800.

Yahuda Eyalet (1800).png

This map is a teaser for the future of my timeline Where the River Flows: The Story of Misia. Don't read the following unless you want spoilers, although I am not up to this point in the timeline yet so it is all subject to changes.

Due to a more decisive English victory in the Anglo-Spanish War thanks in large part to its large North American ally, King Henry IV of France remains a Huguenot, resulting in a more religiously pluralistic France, and the Dutch Republic takes over the entirety of the Spanish Netherlands. The result of this shifted balance of power is that the conflicts that would spur into the 30 years war are nipped in the bud early on. As a result, the Holy Roman Empire never loses millions of people, but still faces hardship during the Little Ice Age. Much of society's anger is taken out on the Jews, who are also more numerous, many of whom end up in Ottoman Palestine.

Additionally, in the early 1700s, driven largely by spite after a Taino philosopher influenced by Baruch Spinoza suggests that both Jews and Tainos (who are in a similar state of diaspora in the Americas) give up their distinct ethno-religious identities and assimilate, Manhattan-born Jew Lafi Pentafit writes a pamphlet calling for the Jews to return to the Land of Israel. This is considered the start of the Erezist movement (this timeline's version of Zionism). Combining his own knowledge of geography as well as his connections with his Lenape wife Milana's knowledge of canal engineering, he forms a plan. He approaches the Ottoman Sultan with plans for the construction of a Suez Canal, which the Jews and the English Misia-Takamcook Company would help to finance in exchange for canal access for the English and the complete emancipation and unrestricted immigration for Jews in Ottoman Palestine. After negotiations, the Sultan agrees to split off the southwestern portion of the Damascus Eyalet as the Yahuda Eyalet, which becomes the one place in the world where Jews are guaranteed equal rights by law. As a result, Jewish immigration to Ottoman Palestine increases dramatically, with a significant amount spilling over into the Sidon Eyalet to the north. By the end of the 18th Century, the eyalet has become majority Jewish, although the Muslim and Christian populations have not been dispossessed and still have the same rights as they did prior to its establishment.

The Jewish community governs itself through a revived Sanhedrin, although it only has control over Jewish civic and communal affairs rather than religious rulings, due to Pentafit's secularist views. Pentafit was also elected to serve as the Nagid, effectively the President of the community, while the Sanhedrin is led by the Nasi, a sort of Prime Minister. The region has also grown wealthy as a sort of hub for Jewish merchants, who have a significant presence in both Mediterranean and Indian Ocean trade.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.