Map Thread XVIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did my own versions of tilted map but with a different and more random layout. I also have ones for Utah and Baghdad at the North Pole, but neither look as good.

I've just started getting used to this one so I thought I might as well give it a shot.

Mongolia at the North Pole:
BNvWTxj.jpg

Simpson in Australia at the North Pole:
UCpF3s2.jpg

I'm guessing that in the former, the ice cap would be very large due to occupying Eurasia, possibly even larger than the Pleistocene Ice sheet, while the south pole is in Argentina, meaning a smaller than OTL Antarctica (though still larger than OTL Arctic) would exist there too. Heck some of Antarctica may still be icy here. So 200m lower sea levels and a temperature even lower than the Pleistocene, if only by a degree or two. Would be a very cold world to live on, and hard to inhabit.

The latter on the other hand could be a very interesting one to dwell in, as it would be somewhat warmer and with higher sea levels than otl (I’d say by 40m at least, maybe 50) due to Australia being significantly smaller than Antarctica and thus depressed by ice. This world's jungle region may in fact be the Middle East, southern Antarctica and Patagonia.

altworld.png

I!m working on an alternate map for worlda.
I have finished south and east and now will move on to the north and west.
I'm also planning on changing the bottom continents part because it looks weird
plan:
1) Only bare map
2) Islands off the coast
3) Lakes
4) Rivers
5) Finalisation

pewdie'sworld.jpg

This is an attempt at a fancier map not made for editing later. The reason for the desicion about the empire itself? I wanted to integrate textures into the maps I was making and stripes seemed simple enough.
edit: the file was too big for the most part so i had to compress it.

altworld.png

I finished worlda alternate. yay.
Yes, I know, It's not very good compared to some others but this is my first time making an alternate world here.

I assume the similarity to our world is deliberate?

Yes and no. It's partly a misdirection and also helps to serve a commentary about how our own world is full of fantasy and wonder, and that all you need is a little creativity and out of the box thinking. Speaking of... I made a "meme map" of my world that gives overgeneralized insights into the various regions.

oEr4U0L.png

Chinese with Greek aesthetics...now I'm imagining a fusion of those Chinese historical kung fu epics and those "Sword and Sandal" ancient Greece demigod sagas, and the results can only be gloriously insane.

Chinese with Greek aesthetics...now I'm imagining a fusion of those Chinese historical kung fu epics and those "Sword and Sandal" ancient Greece demigod sagas, and the results can only be gloriously insane.

So you take Chinese people and many aspects of their language and culture, but just put an ancient Greek look/influence on it. Their gods are chiseled hunks and worshipped in massive and colourful pillared temples. They wear Greek hairstyles and clothes, but with Chinese motifs, embroidery, patterns, etc.

You are the only person I've seen with the SHEER AUDACITY to plop two Antarcticas in the same map.

Eh, the northernmost one isn't so much a continent as much as it is a truly polar Greenland island that helps this world's Inuit equivalent be on three separate continents.

Yes and no. It's partly a misdirection and also helps to serve a commentary about how our own world is full of fantasy and wonder, and that all you need is a little creativity and out of the box thinking. Speaking of... I made a "meme map" of my world that gives overgeneralized insights into the various regions.
That all looks... gloriously insane. My hat off to you! Out of curiosity, are there any good programs out there for making an alternate world map? Because I've been itching to give it a try myself.

So after some fifty hours stretched over two weeks (and a couple projects being put on hold), I've finally finished a map requested by @Gian. POD is in the mid-1700s, with the Acadian Expulsion not happening. Two hundred years later, this snowballed into the birth of super-Canada, the Greater White North:

qB0btn9.jpg

I used the same basemap as the one on my Crown Atomic map, but I pulled all the stops to improve upon the former, with extra details and a larger resolution -- I can confidently say this is my best map to date. Writeup's also coming soon, though it'll be on the version which I'll post in my dA.

Hope you like!

ST15RM

Banned
So after some fifty hours stretched over two weeks (and a couple projects being put on hold), I've finally finished a map requested by @Gian. POD is in the mid-1700s, with the Acadian Expulsion not happening. Two hundred years later, this snowballed into the birth of super-Canada, the Greater White North:

qB0btn9.jpg

I used the same basemap as the one on my Crown Atomic map, but I pulled all the stops to improve upon the former, with extra details and a larger resolution -- I can confidently say this is my best map to date. Writeup's also coming soon, though it'll be on the version which I'll post in my dA.

Hope you like!
I have no words for how beautiful this map is.

Status
Not open for further replies.