Map Thread XVII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the Spanish, I'm utter crap at the language. Mind if I steal the Béxar idea?
I don't actually speak fluent Spanish either, but I have a vague idea of what goes where. And no, that was very much the intention. I'm using the name for a state in my TL soon enough as well.

On this note, higher quality maps can be made in Inkscape or Illustrator or Photoshop once you get to that level of detail. Honestly, the MBAM is a bit excessive.

Not everyone wants to use those kind of programs though; what the various bam maps allow is for the creation of different scale maps that can be really detailed but which only require basic paint programs.

Another cross post from my timeline. The domains of the House of Austria-Burgundy before the Oldenburg-Habsburg marital alliance of 1514:

the_habsburg_netherlands_by_milites_atterdag-dc5uv2l.png

I like the map, and I've been enjoying the series, but maybe I've missed something - what's the vertically-striped area in the north?
The Northern Territories. Between Comancheria, the Chaos, low population, and terrible climate, they aren't yet fully incorporated, voting states.

What are you going to do about the Western Sahara. Assuming you haven't already included it, and I am a derp for forgetting.
Mostly pastoralists really.

Incidentally, if anyone remembers my rant from a while ago about people needing to put thought into their resettlement, @Beedok is an example of how to do it right.
Thanks. I try.

Nice work as always but what became of Al Udeid afterwards?

Does Beedok ISOT nations from 2018 or from when the Alphabet ISOT series first began? Can't recall if an answer was ever given.
Al Udeid kinda got trashed. Chain of command broke down and just... you don't want to look too closely at the first few months post event. It's depressing. (I don't want it to be, but that's just the fact. Even with people fleeing and restocked seas most of the population were going to starve.)

As for when, the UN population estimate list dates to July 1st of 2017, so we'll go with that being the even day.
No Quechuan?
Not a UN recognised nation. (Or the weird grey zone that is Taiwan...)

the Chaos ?
Is the Blood God angry with Mexico or something ?
IOTL as well as TTL, the Westward push of European settlement continually pushed Natives west, and they often came into violent conflict with one another. This alongside more contact with the global epidemics of the time, a proliferation of firearms as Mexico, Great Britain, and Virginia try to find ponies to back, increasing buffalo hunting by Mexicans, and an unceasing supply of alcohol from the US lead to social instability on the Great Plains, referred to as the Chaos.

"This New World truly is the glorious land of freedom. Under the guidance of enlightened figures, such as their President Azcárate and the saintly Hidalgo, the peoples of this land are prospering. As all souls are equal before God, the people are all equal to one another, and theirs is a society which knows no slavery of any kind. I cannot say the same of Great Britain or the United States... I wept at the statue of Nike on their great boulevard. So graceful is she, born to the sound of bells"

So when and how did Mexico become independent in this TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.