Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

Warning
Even if you disagree with Zagan's view here (incidentally, I also disagree with his request that Upvoteanthology steps down), I'd just like to say that accusing others of trolling when they are obviously not doing so is not a nice thing to do. In my opinion, insincere accusations of trolling are a form of humiliation or bullying.

Especially when combined with a laughing Pepe.

Would you mind retracting your post, please? :)

There are ways to express one's disagreement with somebody without mocking them.
FLOJCSk.png

Don't troll.

Especially don't troll using a meme that has been adopted by the Alt-right.

Post a Pepe again just to be a pain in the neck and you're dust in the wind.

Don't associate a Pepe with Alt-Right it has nothing to do with it; and neither do I.
If you want to go after symbolism, go after communist symbols being tossed around on the forums; it's deeply offensive to those of us that are from the former USSR.
Though I will agree that my previous post may have been on the nose a bit and will refrain.

I just read through the whole...controversy, if you can call it that, and I'd like to share a quick thought: Alternate History is literally anything different with history. Therefore, a MotF entry could have a PoD of last Monday, look exactly the same as a real-life map, and still be a completely legitimate entry, as long as the entrant created it themselves. There's a reason this contest is called Map of the Fortnight and not Scenario of the Fortnight. While how cool your scenario is definitely plays a part, in the end it's about the craft. It's about learning to make better maps. Not learning to shit all over for someone who works on your behalf for literally no benefit whatsoever and I'm off topic.

Anyway. TL;DR: It's about the craft and making things.

Kick
I don't visit this place too often, but when I do I'm always happy to see a fresh MotF thread going on. Consequently I'm very glad that Upvoteanthology is running the show and given the absurdity of of zagan's tantrum I don't believe for a moment that he would do an even comparable better job.

Thanks that means a lot to me!

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother cooking up anything this round. That would be a cause so lost that Jubal Early would arise from the grave to vote for me.

I don't visit this place too often, but when I do I'm always happy to see a fresh MotF thread going on. Consequently I'm very glad that Upvoteanthology is running the show and given the absurdity of of zagan's tantrum I don't believe for a moment that he would do an even comparable better job.
Thank you so much, this means a lot to me! I've been trying pretty hard to live up to Krall's fabulous moderation. :p

Yeah, I'm not even going to bother cooking up anything this round. That would be a cause so lost that Jubal Early would arise from the grave to vote for me.

Don't barge into threads you're not even involved in just to insult someone. That's incredibly out of line.

You're kicked for a week.

Last edited:

I gave a warning to @Upvoteanthology, @Charger24 , and @Sicarius for liking this post.

If someone barges into a thread just to insult someone, liking their post is just encouraging them. Don't encourage incivility.

@zalezsky was just warned about being civil in this thread, so he is kicked for a week.

I gave a warning to @Upvoteanthology, @Charger24 , and @Sicarius for liking this post.

If someone barges into a thread just to insult someone, liking their post is just encouraging them. Don't encourage incivility.

@zalezsky was just warned about being civil in this thread, so he is kicked for a week.
Oh, I'm sorry, i wasn't liking it because of the insult, I liked it because of the compliment. I'm sorry, I see why I got the warning.