Map of the Fortnight: Main Discussion Thread

What counts as 'verge of destruction'? Does the method of annihilation have to be present on the map?
I mean, that's up to interpretation, but I'd say that it doesn't have to show any method of destruction on the map itself. Like, if I was making a Cold War gone hot scenario, I wouldn't show the locations of the nuclear bombs, but I'd try to show the geopolitical circumstances that lead to the bombs being dropped in the first place.

Zagan

Donor
Interesting discussion here.

It appears that the map with the most votes did not follow the rules and is thus subject to disqualification.

More opinions about that are welcome in that thread. Thank you.

Interesting discussion here.

It appears that the map with the most votes did not follow the rules and is thus subject to disqualification.

More opinions about that are welcome in that thread. Thank you.

Seems a little immature, mate, given that you just so happen to be the person who "won". No need to bring that over here. Don't try saddling up a posse just because you're unhappy at losing. I've lost the MotF every time I've entered, and I'm okay with that.

Zagan

Donor
Seems a little immature, mate, given that you just so happen to be the person who "won". No need to bring that over here. Don't try saddling up a posse just because you're unhappy at losing. I've lost the MotF every time I've entered, and I'm okay with that.
I don't understand you, sorry.
I did not lose. I won.

I don't understand you, sorry.
I did not lose. I won.

Alright then. If that's what you want to tell yourself, I see no need to continue this discussion. Just keep this out of the Map Thread, we have enough pointless non-arguments over there as is.

EDIT: Oops, somehow thought this was the Map Thread. Either way, mate. C'mon.

Zagan is going about this quite childishly, but I do think eh's technically correct. I'd rather hold a re-vote, though.

Of course, by this point I think he's dug a hole deep enough (the discussion thread for that round is...interesting. He's demanded upvoteanthology's resignation) that he won't pull in many votes.

Ok. As you are unfit to organize this competition anymore (breaking own rule), I ask for your resignation.
Ib3W6qJ.png
6x8oqxy.png

Please no more, my sides hurt too much. I haven't seen this level of trolling for a long time

Zagan

Donor
Personally, I see no better medium in which to implement an abstract philosophical ideal than a fantasy map making contest
While I appreciate your support, I believe that there are other things more worthy of arguing than this contest. You see, it is not the contest which is important but the idea of fairness.

Don't have much to say here other than I support Upvoteanthology and think this matter is silly and would be best if brought to an end as quickly and neatly as possible.

Ib3W6qJ.png
6x8oqxy.png

Please no more, my sides hurt too much. I haven't seen this level of trolling for a long time
Even if you disagree with Zagan's view here (incidentally, I also disagree with his request that Upvoteanthology steps down), I'd just like to say that accusing others of trolling when they are obviously not doing so is not a nice thing to do. In my opinion, insincere accusations of trolling are a form of humiliation or bullying.

Especially when combined with a laughing Pepe.

Would you mind retracting your post, please? :)

There are ways to express one's disagreement with somebody without mocking them.