Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

Discussion in 'Alternate History Books and Media' started by RiverDelta, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Ice34 Well-Known Member

Warlords will place their political allies that will help them (money, power, guns, etc.) as high in the government as possible. This means that those politicians allied warlords will receive support from those warlords (money and influence) that enable them to reach higher posts than those who don't.

2. Hindustani Person We live in a society :(

So since we've been discussing this kind of stuff, I think the devs should address the fact that so many unironic Nazis and Stalinists seem to be attracted to the game. While this game is not a political one, I don't think addressing such an issue is political.

3. Hindustani Person We live in a society :(

For example this awful meme here-https://www.reddit.com/r/Kaiserreich/comments/a9xslg/every_ideology_a_jew/
    I think the way Millenium Dawn's creator addressed this is a good way to go

4. Ice34 Well-Known Member

Shitty people are going to be shitty people. As far as I'm concerned, ostracize them from the community, and leave well enough alone. If they want to play, fine. The line is crossed when they decide to spread their hatred.

5. Augenis Latvia isn't real

What can be done about it which hasn't been done yet?

The mod's Discord server issues bans for genocide apologia, even members of the team can and do get removed if they turn out to have horrendous political views. There is a policy of no discussing OTL politics on the mod's Reddit page, and, much like in the server, outright apologia for totalitarian regimes can and will get you actioned.

6. Hindustani Person We live in a society :(

So it's time. At least where I am, it is December. The China rework should be out soon.

7. Hindustani Person We live in a society :(

Hey friends! What country should I play as?

8. Augenis Latvia isn't real

:flag_lt:

AeroTheZealousOne likes this.
  9. Gukpard hominem populist

Well, about the portrayal of genocides and awfull policies, a mod that do that well is Calm Before the Storm. You pass the racial laws as Nazi Germany, but while the description says that is something "glorious" on a on character way, the focus give you a industrial, stability, manpower and consumer goods malus since you are not hiring and purging these people from administration.

The mod also makes a very interesting portrayal of bad economic policies, of all German routes show until now you can have the strongest war economy possible with the Nazis, but if (or better, when) you stop your conquests you simple crash, while a restored empire under the DNVP has a smaller military industry but it is a rational one that can sustain itself.

10. akoslows Well-Known Member

Eh, I’m not really sure if CBtS is a good example to bring up, considering the mod’s portrayal of the Soviet Union and a certain Nazi collaborator.

Nuka1, Hindustani Person and Kol like this.
  11. herkles Well-Known Member

what do you mean?

Ulyanovsk, Gukpard and Kol like this.
  12. akoslows Well-Known Member

CBtS’s head dev, s_team, is HUGELY anti-Soviet, and this is made very blatant in CBtS’s dev diaries for the USSR.

It starts getting VERY problematic when s_team had the bright idea of making the non-Stalin paths accessible only if Stalin doesn’t purge, and has Stalin overthrown in a military coup led by Andrey fucking Vlasov.

And this is what Vlasov’s tree originally looked like when it was first shown off:
    10CA1C0D-F0C7-4457-B1F1-78761357F302.png

13. Gukpard hominem populist

Yeah, not defending Vlassoc, but they also wrote a comprehensive guide about why they choosed him.

14. Hindustani Person We live in a society :(

Oi Šermukšnio intensifies

15. Hindustani Person We live in a society :(

Link?

16. Admiral A. Kolchak Supreme Leader

As a researcher for CBtS, at least we're going to have a historically accurate China!

or at least try

Hindustani Person and Kol like this.
  17. Gukpard hominem populist

Here.

18. Nyvis Well-Known Member

CBTS's portrayal of the USSR is godawful though. It brings back long dead white movements out of nowhere with the same logic as vanilla with the purge being necessary, and try to claim that any of that is more likely than Trotsky. Who was himself not very likely at that start date, but their entire white fabrication is much more out there.

I wouldn't call the DNVP rational by any means. The old German aristocracy was easily as economically disastrous as the nazis, and in fact the nazis failing to deal with the junkers' failing agriculture was a big part of nazi Germany's food insecurity.

I'm not a big fan of CBTS's portrayal of anything, but yeah, they were the first mod to go for negative focuses.

Nuka1, Ulyanovsk, Landser03 and 3 others like this.
  19. Ulyanovsk Formerly Viralworld Donor

As someone who was excited for CBTS and hoping for a comprehensive Soviet tree, that’s a damn shame...

I don’t think there’s any mod out there that has a really good Soviet focus tree, Kaiserreich included (that should really be up there on the development list IMO)

I’ve been trying out a game in Kaiserreich recently with this sub mod I found called Lenin Lives in which the Reds still won the Russian Civil War and Lenin lives until about 1937. It’s got a few cool flavor events but only slight changes to the Soviet focus tree which was disappointing: if I had any experience in modding I would attempt to make one on my own but I have no idea where to even begin lmao

20. GDIS Pathe Well-Known Member

KR’s USSR and the 2nd RCW is being removed