Kaiserreich: Legacy of the Weltkrieg

So since we've been discussing this kind of stuff, I think the devs should address the fact that so many unironic Nazis and Stalinists seem to be attracted to the game. While this game is not a political one, I don't think addressing such an issue is political.
Shitty people are going to be shitty people. As far as I'm concerned, ostracize them from the community, and leave well enough alone. If they want to play, fine. The line is crossed when they decide to spread their hatred.

So since we've been discussing this kind of stuff, I think the devs should address the fact that so many unironic Nazis and Stalinists seem to be attracted to the game. While this game is not a political one, I don't think addressing such an issue is political.
What can be done about it which hasn't been done yet?

The mod's Discord server issues bans for genocide apologia, even members of the team can and do get removed if they turn out to have horrendous political views. There is a policy of no discussing OTL politics on the mod's Reddit page, and, much like in the server, outright apologia for totalitarian regimes can and will get you actioned.

Deleted member 107125

So it's time. At least where I am, it is December. The China rework should be out soon.

Well, about the portrayal of genocides and awfull policies, a mod that do that well is Calm Before the Storm. You pass the racial laws as Nazi Germany, but while the description says that is something "glorious" on a on character way, the focus give you a industrial, stability, manpower and consumer goods malus since you are not hiring and purging these people from administration.

The mod also makes a very interesting portrayal of bad economic policies, of all German routes show until now you can have the strongest war economy possible with the Nazis, but if (or better, when) you stop your conquests you simple crash, while a restored empire under the DNVP has a smaller military industry but it is a rational one that can sustain itself.

Well, about the portrayal of genocides and awfull policies, a mod that do that well is Calm Before the Storm. You pass the racial laws as Nazi Germany, but while the description says that is something "glorious" on a on character way, the focus give you a industrial, stability, manpower and consumer goods malus since you are not hiring and purging these people from administration.

The mod also makes a very interesting portrayal of bad economic policies, of all German routes show until now you can have the strongest war economy possible with the Nazis, but if (or better, when) you stop your conquests you simple crash, while a restored empire under the DNVP has a smaller military industry but it is a rational one that can sustain itself.
Eh, I’m not really sure if CBtS is a good example to bring up, considering the mod’s portrayal of the Soviet Union and a certain Nazi collaborator.

what do you mean?
CBtS’s head dev, s_team, is HUGELY anti-Soviet, and this is made very blatant in CBtS’s dev diaries for the USSR.

It starts getting VERY problematic when s_team had the bright idea of making the non-Stalin paths accessible only if Stalin doesn’t purge, and has Stalin overthrown in a military coup led by Andrey fucking Vlasov.

And this is what Vlasov’s tree originally looked like when it was first shown off:
10CA1C0D-F0C7-4457-B1F1-78761357F302.png

CBtS’s head dev, s_team, is HUGELY anti-Soviet, and this is made very blatant in CBtS’s dev diaries for the USSR.

It starts getting VERY problematic when s_team had the bright idea of making the non-Stalin paths accessible only if Stalin doesn’t purge, and has Stalin overthrown in a military coup led by Andrey fucking Vlasov.

And this is what Vlasov’s tree originally looked like when it was first shown off:
View attachment 506074

Yeah, not defending Vlassoc, but they also wrote a comprehensive guide about why they choosed him.

Eh, I’m not really sure if CBtS is a good example to bring up, considering the mod’s portrayal of the Soviet Union and a certain Nazi collaborator.
As a researcher for CBtS, at least we're going to have a historically accurate China!

or at least try

CBTS's portrayal of the USSR is godawful though. It brings back long dead white movements out of nowhere with the same logic as vanilla with the purge being necessary, and try to claim that any of that is more likely than Trotsky. Who was himself not very likely at that start date, but their entire white fabrication is much more out there.

I wouldn't call the DNVP rational by any means. The old German aristocracy was easily as economically disastrous as the nazis, and in fact the nazis failing to deal with the junkers' failing agriculture was a big part of nazi Germany's food insecurity.

I'm not a big fan of CBTS's portrayal of anything, but yeah, they were the first mod to go for negative focuses.

CBTS's portrayal of the USSR is godawful though. It brings back long dead white movements out of nowhere with the same logic as vanilla with the purge being necessary, and try to claim that any of that is more likely than Trotsky. Who was himself not very likely at that start date, but their entire white fabrication is much more out there.

As someone who was excited for CBTS and hoping for a comprehensive Soviet tree, that’s a damn shame...

I don’t think there’s any mod out there that has a really good Soviet focus tree, Kaiserreich included (that should really be up there on the development list IMO)

I’ve been trying out a game in Kaiserreich recently with this sub mod I found called Lenin Lives in which the Reds still won the Russian Civil War and Lenin lives until about 1937. It’s got a few cool flavor events but only slight changes to the Soviet focus tree which was disappointing: if I had any experience in modding I would attempt to make one on my own but I have no idea where to even begin lmao

As someone who was excited for CBTS and hoping for a comprehensive Soviet tree, that’s a damn shame...

I don’t think there’s any mod out there that has a really good Soviet focus tree, Kaiserreich included (that should really be up there on the development list IMO)

I’ve been trying out a game in Kaiserreich recently with this sub mod I found called Lenin Lives in which the Reds still won the Russian Civil War and Lenin lives until about 1937. It’s got a few cool flavor events but only slight changes to the Soviet focus tree which was disappointing: if I had any experience in modding I would attempt to make one on my own but I have no idea where to even begin lmao

KR’s USSR and the 2nd RCW is being removed

AeroTheZealousOne

Monthly Donor
Hey friends! What country should I play as?

I have a few favorites if you want to try them out. The Indochinese Union is a fun playthrough, sending the Germans home and bringing about true freedom to Southeast Asia. The anarchist path is non-negotiable and the most blessed option for the country.

Some of my other favorites are Brazil, Nicaragua, Jabal Shammar, and the Netherlands.

Fuhrerreich so far has my favorite Soviet Union focus tree with so many options on who can succeed Lenin and how they can industrialize themselves in good order.

This is also my first time hearing about the CBTS Soviet tree, I'm kind of disappointed but either they'll come around or they won't.

A little less disappointing, but at least that's a civil war than can be 100 percent avoided. ;)

I suppose that makes sense within the lore of Kaiserreich - the Second Russian Civil War is an unrealistic mess and the establishment of a USSR that’s pretty much the same as that of ITTL Lenin’s failed state doesn’t really make much sense. Do you know if they are reworking the whole Kerensky Russian Republic scenario? This is one of the worst parts of the lore in my opinion and it is badly in need of revision, it makes no sense that the White generals like Denikin, Vrangel, and Yudenich subdue the Reds and then they literally just return Kerensky, the embarrassed and thoroughly discredited politician that the victorious warlords of Russia literally have every reason to despise.

Fuhrerreich so far has my favorite Soviet Union focus tree with so many options on who can succeed Lenin and how they can industrialize themselves in good order.

Hmm, I haven’t had the time to check out Fuhrerreich - I’ll have to give it a go later and see how it is, thanks for the suggestion!