For Want of A Sandwich - A Franz Ferdinand Lives Wikibox TL

Sokoto
Sokoto.jpg

I am interested in how Apartheid became worse than OTL.

Same, as the conditions that lead to apartheid and allowed it to take root for as long as it did were pretty intrinsically tied to the beginning of the Cold War and the experience of the country in the two world wars. The end of that era should be interesting as well, as usually I'd expect for SA to fragment or just hold together in no-reconciliation or civil war scenario, but seeing it expand is new.

Also, now I have to know more about Neo-Kemitism, seeing as it's been named as the official faith of the revolutionary Pan-African Black-supremacist pariah state.
Well, one thing about this timeline is that TTL Communism (here Marxism, or Syndicalism, as Marxism-Leninism never took fruition in this timeline) is the discredited ideology, while TTL Fascism (here Pyrism or Integralism or Racism) is still condoned as Communism was during the Cold War and is still the official ideology of many mainstream political parties. So the Apartheid here was propelled by governements eyeing racism much more favorably, this coupled with a longer colonization (the Germans and the British sticked out longer).
As of Neo-Kemitism, you have another example here.
I see the Cash Register dynasty is still going strong.
Yes, but this time, the Germans are good partners.
Great updates! What are the racial demographics of Rhodesia?
Something like 10 % White, 90 % Black, as the Rhodesian white community now counts a very sizeable exiled Afrikaner country. Not only did Rhodesia and Nyasaland managed to unite, but the country managed to get out rather smoothly from white-rule : the ceremonial Presidency is held by a White person while the Prime Ministership is by a Black person, in a manner constitent with OTL Lebanon.

I’m getting the impression that French decolonization came early (post-war?) and fairly smoothly. British decolonization however looks messy with more despotic successor states. Plus the UK appears to have taken a despotic turn leading to among other things those successor states rejecting the crown.

I think my American readers will be quite astounded by the last update...

Why did the Maritime Provinces join the United States of America?

Wasn't that briefly on the table in OTL? I assume a difference in public opinion just spun it out that way 🤔
They joined the United States in 2006 after a referendum ; due to the balkanization of Canada, the Maritimes felt isolated from Canada proper as they were separated by Quebec and Newfoundland ; given their strong economic links with the United States, they decided to take matters into their own hands.
L O N G M A L I
Colonists still love straight lines !
I’m getting the impression that French decolonization came early (post-war?) and fairly smoothly. British decolonization however looks messy with more despotic successor states. Plus the UK appears to have taken a despotic turn leading to among other things those successor states rejecting the crown.
The fact is French decolonization was not smooth at all : as you can see by the France update, Algeria is still French (with the exception of Kabylia, that is a puppet state closely monitored by Paris) and Mali only became independent in a circonvulated federalist way in 1978. As of the Brits, well, things didn't went quietly into the night.