Eparkhos

Banned
Which flag is better?
UAPS.png

1280px-Communist_Party_USA_Flag.svg.png

The previous flag thread, listed here is dangerously closed to hitting the 500 page limit. I have created this one to function as the next flag thread when that time comes.

The previous flag thread is linked here:

Long live the new flag thread!
As per my Alt Canada history: https://www.alternatehistory.com/fo...-and-stronger-1793-2020.505768/#post-21652585
flags.jpg

NA flags:
1920px-Flag_of_Canada_(1957–1965).svg.png
Canada 1832-1961
ALTCANFLAG2.jpg
Canada 1961-present
225px-New_England_flag_1988.svg.png
New England
1920px-Flag_of_the_United_States_(1865–1867).svg.png
USA 1905-present

Eparkhos

Banned
The flag of a democratic Turkmenistan.
Flag of Turkmenistan (1991--).png

The five stars represent the five provinces and the five tribes of Turkmen, the waxing moon represents the future of the state, the stars and the crescent together obviously symbolize Islam. The green represents peace, and the red represents the blood of the fallen and the valor of the Turkmen.

In times of peace, it is to be flown with its fringes attached to the pole, representing Turkmenistan's will towards peace and diplomacy. In times of war (as in 2001-2003), it is to be flown with the green to the pole, representing the fighting spirit of the Turkmen.

Last edited:
Might just be my Americaness showing but I always thought that Welsh colors were Red White and Green. Where do the Black and Yellow come from are they older Welsh Colors or newer Welsh Color? I'm generally interested to find out

Green, Red, White are from the Dragon flag while the Black-Gold are from the Cross of St. David (Patron Saint of Wales)

(Red Dragon seems to be the older and the more popular flag but I can see why AH.com flag makers prefer the cross since it is much easier and more natural to include in a modified Union Jack).

Last edited: